Eichel's Agent Says Team/Player Heading Toward "Resolution"

Hoss

So ... what does it mean?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "resolution" is referring to?

• A trade is near
    • A plan to return to the team next year is near
    • He meant exclusively about the neck issue and was not commenting on his status with the team

1 hour ago, Leaf Blower said:

I have a feeling his heart isn't in it. Yes, we have leverage but a lot a good that does if he's checked out. I just don't see a scenario where he can buy in and be a part of the solution.

My .02

I don't think his heart's in it either. I personally think he asked to be traded LAST summer and agreed to be quiet about it but he asked. They didn't find a deal they liked and he was here and not into it. I don't believe it's actually all injury what we saw this season (but that is just speculative). In any event, if his heart isn't in it, as captain, he becomes toxic if you're trying to bring in a new attitude with a new core. 

I really don't know how they're going to get around Skinner's presence either but that remains to be seen what happens there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't think his heart's in it either. I personally think he asked to be traded LAST summer and agreed to be quiet about it but he asked. They didn't find a deal they liked and he was here and not into it. I don't believe it's actually all injury what we saw this season (but that is just speculative). In any event, if his heart isn't in it, as captain, he becomes toxic if you're trying to bring in a new attitude with a new core. 

I really don't know how they're going to get around Skinner's presence either but that remains to be seen what happens there. 

Disagree.

I don't see Eichel checking out and his presence becoming toxic.   It's a team game, those guys know they can't win unless everyone buys in.

Same with Skinner, he wants to be in Buffalo.   He had some terrible puck luck last season and never found his groove as his ice time dipped.   He's a streaky player, I see him having a big 2021-22 season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Disagree.

I don't see Eichel checking out and his presence becoming toxic.   It's a team game, those guys know they can't win unless everyone buys in.

Same with Skinner, he wants to be in Buffalo.   He had some terrible puck luck last season and never found his groove as his ice time dipped.   He's a streaky player, I see him having a big 2021-22 season.

and I disagree with that. 

It SHOULD be a team game but it often isn't. What did Eichel say? Time to think about Jack Eichel. When's the last time he said he owed anything to Buffalo or the fans? imo Jack has always been about Jack. 

As for Skinner, I just don't think he cares one way or the other. He wanted to be near his family, not be in Buffalo cause he loves Buffalo. He's an uncoachable player imo. Just does what he wants to do. So you can drop him down the line up when he doesn't listen like Kreuger did or you can bump him back up and cater to his play as maybe Granato tried but I think he dropped him down again later as well. That uncoachable attitude is NOT a good influence on the kids. 

"puck luck" lol. Two years of excuses. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Yeah, okay. Our captain essentially went public and all but said he wants out. If KA plays hardball than Eichel could literally demand a trade, publicly. But I’m just saying he doesn’t have leverage because I’m trying to convince myself of something. Think you have it the other way around.

If you think KA is in a strong position right now, you’re in fantasy land. Don’t care how savvy you think you are. 

Yea, we don't agree. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It SHOULD be a team game but it often isn't. What did Eichel say? Time to think about Jack Eichel. When's the last time he said he owed anything to Buffalo or the fans? imo Jack has always been about Jack. 

As for Skinner, I just don't think he cares one way or the other. He wanted to be near his family, not be in Buffalo cause he loves Buffalo. He's an uncoachable player imo. Just does what he wants to do. So you can drop him down the line up when he doesn't listen like Kreuger did or you can bump him back up and cater to his play as maybe Granato tried but I think he dropped him down again later as well. That uncoachable attitude is NOT a good influence on the kids. 

Every player should be thinking about himself, doesn't mean you can't still be a team player.  Why should he say he owes anything to the fans?  They'll stab him in the back first chance they get, like now.

He's been an excellent player his entire time in Buffalo, he played while hurt this season. It's just now that people are looking for reasons to be against him.

He's having a medical disagreement with the team, it's a serious issue and he needs to look out for his best interests, it needs to be about him regarding his injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Eichel is officially retiring from hockey do to his injury.  He plans to go on LTIR to collect his remaining 50 mill and keep the Sabres from getting anything for him.

You missed April 1st by a few days

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

What does Jack ow Sabre fans ?

His employer has given him a chance to lead the worst team in NHL, actually the worst team in the history of NHL, and beyond that he his employer has given him the worst ***** coach that ever existed on this planet, and you think Jack ow us something?

I think we ow Jack atleast to deal with this sh1t in silence and get over with it one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Everything in your post is purely speculative. There is no question that he and the organization disagree on the treatment for his injury. There's no secret about it because both parties have publicly commented about the issue. 

Is Jack unhappy with the dysfunctional and losing situation he is in Buffalo? Of course he is. It would be abnormal if he was not. Does he want out? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. But what he hasn't done is make any public comments about whether he wants to be here or not. And he isn't the only player who is tired with the situation here. It shouldn't be surprising that other players have publicly made it known that they wouldn't mind, if not prefer, a change of scenery. 

I believe that Jack is probably going to be traded. However,  the questions about his health status may end up preventing or delaying a deal from being consummated because the return at this point wouldn't be adequate enough. 

Where I disagree with many here is that the target of criticisms shouldn't be so much directed toward the frustrated players as it should be directed toward the organization that has stumbled for nearly a generation.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams said disgruntled star Jack Eichel has not yet requested a trade after Eichel's contentious news conference Monday in which he openly questioned whether he'd play in Buffalo next season.May 12, 2021

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I wish we get to see a healthy Eichel under Granato. He always seemed held back by our systems to me. One of the fastest players in the league never had a breakaway because of the dogma. 

I thought about this often during the end of last season.  I hope we still get the chance.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I wish we get to see a healthy Eichel under Granato. He always seemed held back by our systems to me. One of the fastest players in the league never had a breakaway because of the dogma. 

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

I thought about this often during the end of last season.  I hope we still get the chance.

Agree - and it's not even just about the coaching: a bigger factor for me is the fact we never got to see Eichel with the youth that seemed to be emerging towards the end of the year. Would be kind of sad that at the point when we are finally about to surround Eichel with capable centre support (Cozens, Mittelstadt), we dealt him. A shame, if you will. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

He might flourish under Granato even more than he has in the past.

On the other hand, he might be worse. Granato may be a coach who focuses on giving the 'young' guys a chance in key spots, letting them get confidence on the PP when they normally wouldn't.  Granato may want those younger guys to take key minutes as a way for them to develop. IF that was/is the case, that would mean Eichel would get a little less chance/less ice time in those situations than he has in the past.

Just now, mjd1001 said:

He might flourish under Granato even more than he has in the past.

On the other hand, he might be worse. Granato may be a coach who focuses on giving the 'young' guys a chance in key spots, letting them get confidence on the PP when they normally wouldn't.  Granato may want those younger guys to take key minutes as a way for them to develop. IF that was/is the case, that would mean Eichel would get a little less chance/less ice time in those situations than he has in the past.

For one thing Jack is still a young player and the most talented player on the team. If the coach would be foolish enough to limit Jack's playing opportunities in order to better develop the other younger players he should be fired for stupendous stupidity. It may be wise to lessen his minutes in order to keep him fresher but that decision relates to getting more out of him per ice time. 

This roster is going to be relatively young. The younger players will earn playing time based on their play. Their development will not be at the expense of a player who will (other than the goalie) be the most important factor in winning. Once your roster is set you play the game to win. Granato knows that is the first priority as a coach. 

10 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

What does Jack ow Sabre fans ?

His employer has given him a chance to lead the worst team in NHL, actually the worst team in the history of NHL, and beyond that he his employer has given him the worst ***** coach that ever existed on this planet, and you think Jack ow us something?

I think we ow Jack atleast to deal with this sh1t in silence and get over with it one way or another.

Some would think this way (you obviously) and others (me) think that when you put on a jersey you should feel pride and feel you owe it to those people that save their extra pennies to attend games or use hockey as a happy escape from life issues or all the other reasons we watch sports and attend games and invest our time in this stuff, and I might add that's exactly what Granato was talking about (just saying) but yes, before I ramble too much, these rich bastards owe the fans for their privileged lives. If they don't feel that F them and show them the door. 

We, the fans, owe Jack nothing. He's a ***** if he thinks otherwise. 

Sorry if that comes off bitchy, but the idea that fans owe athletes annoys me. 

3 hours ago, klos1963 said:

Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams said disgruntled star Jack Eichel has not yet requested a trade after Eichel's contentious news conference Monday in which he openly questioned whether he'd play in Buffalo next season.May 12, 2021

and you believe what GMs say?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Some would think this way (you obviously) and others (me) think that when you put on a jersey you should feel pride and feel you owe it to those people that save their extra pennies to attend games or use hockey as a happy escape from life issues or all the other reasons we watch sports and attend games and invest our time in this stuff, and I might add that's exactly what Granato was talking about (just saying) but yes, before I ramble too much, these rich bastards owe the fans for their privileged lives. If they don't feel that F them and show them the door. 

We, the fans, owe Jack nothing. He's a ***** if he thinks otherwise. 

Sorry if that comes off bitchy, but the idea that fans owe athletes annoys me. 

and you believe what GMs say?

seriously? extra pennies?  Let's not be so dramatic. 

So the fans that call jack selfish, lazy...., he owes these people something?

Players need to work hard at their craft, at practice, at games and generally off the ice be a decent citizen. Other than that, as a fan and season ticket holder when I lived in Buffalo, they owe me nothing else.

RE: GM - sometimes, but that's one of those you don't answer instead of lying.  But I don't assume it's a lie, but i just posted because he did in fact say that. Take from it what you want.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

seriously? extra pennies?  Let's not be so dramatic. 

So the fans that call jack selfish, lazy...., he owes these people something?

Players need to work hard at their craft, at practice, at games and generally off the ice be a decent citizen. Other than that, as a fan and season ticket holder when I lived in Buffalo, they owe me nothing else.

Hockey tickets are a luxury item. Unless you're rich, you only buy them after you've paid for your food, rent, etc. So yes, extra pennies. Save them in a jar if you want to lol. 

Regarding the other point, if the player shows the hard work then they don't get called lazy so I'm not sure what the point you're making is. That's what they owe the fans, their best effort, and if they are leaders they give even more to the community and whatnot but generally yes, their best effort. 

I'm far from convinced the core of this team does consistently give us that.  

This whole thing doesnt sound good. I know a bit about this subject unfortunately.And if a person really wants spinal surgery then they are really having problems.

There are new technologies out there.But to get surgery in that part of the body and expect to play hockey again at a high level....I wouldnt risk it -for a high price anyway--if I were another teams GM.

Of course  it goes without saying it is a risk to Mr Eichel as well

Edited by calti
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Hockey tickets are a luxury item. Unless you're rich, you only buy them after you've paid for your food, rent, etc. So yes, extra pennies. Save them in a jar if you want to lol. 

Regarding the other point, if the player shows the hard work then they don't get called lazy so I'm not sure what the point you're making is. That's what they owe the fans, their best effort, and if they are leaders they give even more to the community and whatnot but generally yes, their best effort. 

I'm far from convinced the core of this team does consistently give us that.  

I have never questioned Eichel's effort. I don't know anyone who can legitimately say he never gave full effort.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

I have never questioned Eichel's effort. I don't know anyone who can legitimately say he never gave full effort.

In the big picture, I agree.  In the zoomed in, there have definitely been more than a few moments where he dogged it to the bench for a change or on the back check.  I think that’s true for half the league though.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

In the big picture, I agree.  In the zoomed in, there have definitely been more than a few moments where he dogged it to the bench for a change or on the back check.  I think that’s true for half the league though.

I've never understood why some fans (not you) are so ready and willing to run a guy out of town like this.  Happened with the Bills years ago too when fans would talk about the elite talent not giving full effort as the team essentially bottomed out.  

The question I'd like to ask those upset with his "effort" is...who replaces Jack right now?  Because I don't see a player coming over in a trade that will provide 50% of the scoring he did while healthy.

Trading Jack officially kicks off the rebuild and few are gonna be patient enough for another 1-2 seasons riding the bottom of the standings.

2 hours ago, calti said:

This whole thing doesnt sound good. I know a bit about this subject unfortunately.And if a person really wants spinal surgery then they are really having problems.

There are new technologies out there.But to get surgery in that part of the body and expect to play hockey again at a high level....I wouldnt risk it -for a high price anyway--if I were another teams GM.

Of course  it goes without saying it is a risk to Mr Eichel as well

For clarity's sake it's a disc surgery in his neck, not an actual spinal surgery.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.