Eichel's Agent Says Team/Player Heading Toward "Resolution"

Hoss

So ... what does it mean?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "resolution" is referring to?

• A trade is near
    • A plan to return to the team next year is near
    • He meant exclusively about the neck issue and was not commenting on his status with the team

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If Adams gets 2 of Anaheim’s big 3 (Zegras, Drysdale, 3OA) I will be shocked and very happy.

Of all the rumors, lies, speculation and delusional thoughts that have occurred.... this one is at least palatable. I would hope for more.

KA is not going to allow another ROR trade to happen. It's just that simple and straight forward. Therefore, I don't see Jack getting moved anytime soon.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

If Adams gets 2 of Anaheim’s big 3 (Zegras, Drysdale, 3OA) I will be shocked and very happy.

I’d be happy with 3OA and one of those 2. It’s not going to be Zegras and Drysdale. In fact, at this point, I think I’d be shocked if we got either Zegras or Drysdale. 

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

going to anaheim for zegras 1st and gibson.

Not really sure I want byfield tbh.

I've seen so many truly dire proposals around here that I actually smiled when I saw this one and said "that would be good!"

Truly, I am now falling into the Trap. 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

The deal I would find reasonable is Zegras, Comtois (you frequently tout) and 3OA. Ideally, I would prefer to get a player who can eventually be a 1C in a Jack deal. I saw some clips on Zegras and was impressed. I can understand why Anaheim is so reluctant to give him up. 

9 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

Of all the rumors, lies, speculation and delusional thoughts that have occurred.... this one is at least palatable. I would hope for more.

KA is not going to allow another ROR trade to happen. It's just that simple and straight forward. Therefore, I don't see Jack getting moved anytime soon.

I’d take Zegras for Eichel straight up. 

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Not enough. But, I’d throw in Risto if that gets us 3OA too. 

After watching the WJC last year I’m convinced that Zegras will be a PPG 1C in a couple years. For an injured Jack that doesn’t want to be here in a trade where we have very little leverage, I’d say this would be a very adequate haul.

We’re not in a situation where we’re trading Jack in optimal conditions. The only leverage KA has is to make him finish out his contract and I don’t see that happening. 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just want this over with. 

Me too. It is becoming tiresome to think about and read about, yet that is what we do on forums and as fans.

There are only 2 ways out of this for Eichel that make sense for the team:

1.) He stays, and he stays long term. There is a press conference/statement where he says something like " I plan on playing in Buffalo for at least the remainder of my current contract. I'm committed to the team and the city.  It has been frustrating the last few years, but especially after talking to the GM and new coach, I'm as committed as ever to turning our franchise around, no matter how long it takes"

Personally, I don't think that is going to happen, but that is the only way I think he can stay and have it work for the Team.

2.) he gets traded.

I'm in the camp of wanting him traded...why?  Because I WOULD want him to stay but only in the circumstances listed in 'option #1' above, and I just don't think that is reasonable or possible right now.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, I-90 W said:

After watching the WJC last year I’m convinced that Zegras will be a PPG 1C in a couple years. For an injured Jack that doesn’t want to be here in a trade where we have very little leverage, I’d say this would be a very adequate haul.

We’re not in a situation where we’re trading Jack in optimal conditions. The only leverage KA has is to make him finish out his contract and I don’t see that happening. 

Okay I have a question? Do ppl just say this stuff to convince themselves of something? The guy is signed for 5 more years, he's got 360 days until a nmc kicks in. We have lots of leverage. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, I-90 W said:

The Sabres do have leverage. They don't have to trade him. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Me too. It is becoming tiresome to think about and read about, yet that is what we do on forums and as fans.

There are only 2 ways out of this for Eichel that make sense for the team:

1.) He stays, and he stays long term. There is a press conference/statement where he says something like " I plan on playing in Buffalo for at least the remainder of my current contract. I'm committed to the team and the city.  It has been frustrating the last few years, but especially after talking to the GM and new coach, I'm as committed as ever to turning our franchise around, no matter how long it takes"

Personally, I don't think that is going to happen, but that is the only way I think he can stay and have it work for the Team.

2.) he gets traded.

I'm in the camp of wanting him traded...why?  Because I WOULD want him to stay but only in the circumstances listed in 'option #1' above, and I just don't think that is reasonable or possible right now.

I don't believe he's asked to be traded, but he's open to the idea.

If KA decides there are no worthy offers, I believe he plays here next season without any drama.

The narrative that he'll sit out because he hasn't been traded is not who he is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I don't believe he's asked to be traded, but he's open to the idea.

If KA decides there are no worthy offers, I believe he plays here next season without any drama.

The narrative that he'll sit out because he hasn't been traded is not who he is.

As you point out there is nothing in his history to suggest that he would behave in a disruptive way if he wasn't moved. His health situation and how to address it are complicated medical issues, especially for a young player who is passionate about the sport. He may be wrong as to what is the right treatment for his injury but the reason for wanting to risk a short cut in his treatment is so that he can get back on the ice as quickly as possible. Although he may be misguided it is understandable why he wants to take that riskier course of action. 

The overlay over the Jack situation is that he is tired of the losing and lack of team success and progress. It is the same overlay that clouds the Reinhart situation. In my estimation it is more probable that Jack is dealt than not. But if he is not and his health is restored the outcome will result in the Sabres being a better team. For those who doubt that outcome I suggest you watch the highlights of the goals he scored in 2019-2020 season. The talent is stunning!  How soon we forget!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

And they shouldn't, unless they are getting exactly what they want in return.  We've seen that twice recently and I don't want to see it again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

And they shouldn't, unless they are getting exactly what they want in return.  We've seen that twice recently and I don't want to see it again.

Beside the ROR trade what other trade are you including in the ignominious category? 

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Okay I have a question? Do ppl just say this stuff to convince themselves of something? The guy is signed for 5 more years, he's got 360 days until a nmc kicks in. We have lots of leverage. 

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

People like myself are convinced he wants out and won't play for the Sabres again, come hell or high water, which certainly decreases leverage.  Add on his injury and the Sabres have less leverage.  The impending NMC decreases that leverage.  Moreover, once the free agent frenzy is over, very few teams will have enough room to acquire him this season unless we take on garbage on the level of the ROR return.  We saw how much letting this get into next season can look like with Mike Peca.

Thus, GMKA has a lot less leverage than he should and will get neither the quality nor quality that people want, expect, or accept.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Beside the ROR trade what other trade are you including in the ignominious category? 

I will die on the hill of the Sabres should have held out on Hall.  Screw any team that wants him and prove that they're old enough to sit at the adult table, or get a first round pick.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I will die on the hill of the Sabres should have held out on Hall.  Screw any team that wants him and prove that they're old enough to sit at the adult table, or get a first round pick.

On the Hall issue I understand your stance but disagree with it. If the Sabres would have stubbornly refused to move Hall because of the NMC was prohibiting us from getting a better deal then how would we have benefited? Getting nothing for him? Not only did we get a second round pick and Bjork in the trade because of his departure the organization was able to give more playing time to a young player/s and better assess them.

The bottom line  is that the team agreed to terms with Hall with the restrictive clause. No one forced the organization to agree to it. In my mind the Sabres made the best of the situation that they could. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

OMG that's rich.  Hall was an overpaid nothingburger with the Sabres.  KA was lucky to get anything at all.

15 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

People like myself are convinced he wants out and won't play for the Sabres again, come hell or high water, which certainly decreases leverage.  Add on his injury and the Sabres have less leverage.  The impending NMC decreases that leverage.  Moreover, once the free agent frenzy is over, very few teams will have enough room to acquire him this season unless we take on garbage on the level of the ROR return.  We saw how much letting this get into next season can look like with Mike Peca.

Thus, GMKA has a lot less leverage than he should and will get neither the quality nor quality that people want, expect, or accept.

He is signed for 5 more years. #leverage

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The bottom line  is that the team agreed to terms with Hall with the restrictive clause. No one forced the organization to agree to it.

That's where the mistake was made.  In retrospect it's obvious but at the time we were hopeful he and Eichel would click and we'd have a bonafide first line.  The NMC was thought to be irrelevant.  I hope KA learned something form that.  That was the point in time when the trade to move Hall was ruined.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He is signed for 5 more years. #leverage

Right.  And if he does sit out, can the Sabres simply refuse to pay him for the games he doesn't play?  If it's that simple, the Sabres have all the leverage.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That's where the mistake was made.  In retrospect it's obvious but at the time we were hopeful he and Eichel would click and we'd have a bonafide first line.  The NMC was thought to be irrelevant.  I hope KA learned something form that.  That was the point in time when the trade to move Hall was ruined.

Right.  And if he does sit out, can the Sabres simply refuse to pay him for the games he doesn't play?  If it's that simple, the Sabres have all the leverage.

Yes. He's not going to sit out. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think there is zero chance Eichel fetches Zegras AND Drysdale, and close to zero chance Eichel fetches one of Zegras/Drysdale and 3OA. Personally I have no interest in Drysdale, but would be happy with Zegras, Henrique, and Comtois as a base for an Eichel trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.