Eichel's Agent Says Team/Player Heading Toward "Resolution"

Hoss

So ... what does it mean?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "resolution" is referring to?

• A trade is near
    • A plan to return to the team next year is near
    • He meant exclusively about the neck issue and was not commenting on his status with the team

I know it's been discussed but I believe this deserves its own thread. How do you take this comment? Do you believe it's more likely to mean a trade is near or they are nearing some sort of resolution on his health and a return to the team?

Personally, I believe the vague details on both sides and the fact that both the GM and coach indicated a trade is a real possibility still indicates this is most definitely about a trade.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

I still don't see how any team would be willing to trade for an injured player.

IMO, this "resolution" is about Jack's health.  Combined with KA's statement it's the agent's way of saying Jack's neck is improving without throwing his client under the bus.

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

IMO, this "resolution" is about Jack's health.  Combined with KA's statement it's the agent's way of saying Jack's neck is improving without throwing his client under the bus.

The Sabres traded for an injured Kane. If the teams are confident Jack will be fine, they will trade for 5 years of him even if he's hurt. You're right that they wouldn't if there is a significant chance he might have a real issue on his hands, which is possible, but that's not really what you said 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Agree w/ the second part but check @Randall Flagg's post regarding the first part.

40 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Combined with KA's statement it's the agent's way of saying Jack's neck is improving without throwing his client under the bus.

I think this is exactly what happened. The herniated disc is being reabsorbed like ALLL the medical experts say it was and Adams and Peter Fish agreed to not throw Eichel under the bus while the Sabres prepare to trade him. 

I think the resolution is a trade and I don't think it is close but it will happen before July 23rd. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think this is exactly what happened. The herniated disc is being reabsorbed like ALLL the medical experts say it was and Adams and Peter Fish agreed to not throw Eichel under the bus while the Sabres prepare to trade him. 

I think the resolution is a trade and I don't think it is close but it will happen before July 23rd. 

The week of July 12th is my guess

• Like (+1) 1

As you indicate it is in everyone's interest for Jack to return to full health. Most people believe that he is going to be dealt. If the medical reports are positive more teams will be interested in him and those teams would be more likely to increase their bid recognizing that his health status is less questionable. It seems to me that Adams is playing it right by not rushing to make a deal for the sake of getting rid of a nettlesome issue. 

If I had to make a guess I would say that a deal will be announced around the day of the draft (July 23, 24) or just prior. It would be a blockbuster day if a Jack and Reinhart trades were announced at the same time. 

The trade will either happen just before July 18th (that week as @WildCardsaid) so teams can protect Eichel and make sure their lists are correct OR it will happen July 22nd or July 23rd prior to the start of the draft. Looks like the roster freeze ends on the 22nd and the draft on the 23rd is not until probably 8pm so in that 24 hour window would be the other guess. 

The trade will either happen just before July 18th (that week as @WildCardsaid) so teams can protect Eichel and make sure their lists are correct OR it will happen July 22nd or July 23rd prior to the start of the draft. Looks like the roster freeze ends on the 22nd and the draft on the 23rd is not until probably 8pm so in that 24 hour window would be the other guess. 

That's such a tight squeeze that I think we will make a push in the next 2 weeks

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

As you indicate it is in everyone's interest for Jack to return to full health. Most people believe that he is going to be dealt. If the medical reports are positive more teams will be interested in him and those teams would be more likely to increase their bid recognizing that his health status is less questionable. It seems to me that Adams is playing it right by not rushing to make a deal for the sake of getting rid of a nettlesome issue. 

If I had to make a guess I would say that a deal will be announced around the day of the draft (July 23, 24) or just prior. It would be a blockbuster day if a Jack and Reinhart trades were announced at the same time. 

Blockbuster day?  Sure if you consider the apocalyptic end of the franchise to be a blockbuster. 😄

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think before expansion makes the most sense as they don't want to protect assets they are about to trade. 

I wonder how much that will matter to the other team. Probably less so since if they protect jack, they're protecting a guy that will play for them. Plus, I doubt Anaheim has too many hard decisions to make with protections 

4 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Blockbuster day?  Sure if you consider the apocalyptic end of the franchise to be a blockbuster. 😄

Much of the success and failure of Adams tenure will be associated with the return he gets on the upcoming trade. There is a lot at stake for how this roster is going to be comprised next season and the near future. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I wonder how much that will matter to the other team. Probably less so since if they protect jack, they're protecting a guy that will play for them. Plus, I doubt Anaheim has too many hard decisions to make with protections 

But if you trade Buffalo 2 guys that need protection for Jack Eichel, you can re-assign a protection slot to someone else versus protecting a guy you are about to trade. I am not saying it will make teams do something but it might be a consideration. 

A communications disruption disconnect resolution can mean only one thing: Invasion! Trade!

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think before expansion makes the most sense as they don't want to protect assets they are about to trade. 

Either right before the expansion draft (to force Seattle to make a very hasty decision) or immediately following the announcement of the expansion draft. If Buffalo is getting two non-exempt players for Eichel, they may push to wait until everyone is picked, then proceed. Likewise, if the opposing team is getting Eichel + roster sweetener (lets say, a Tager) to unload a cache of prospects, they may want Buffalo to hold off for the moment. Everyone protect the elements of the trade, follow through on your side deals with Seattle if any exist, then consummate the trade.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.