Eichel's Agent Says Team/Player Heading Toward "Resolution"

Hoss

So ... what does it mean?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "resolution" is referring to?

• A trade is near
    • A plan to return to the team next year is near
    • He meant exclusively about the neck issue and was not commenting on his status with the team

5 hours ago, Curt said:

Disagree.  The success/failure of Adams tenure will be associated with the teams performance.  If his return for Eichel is generally considered to be surprisingly good, but the team still sucks in 2025, it’s not going to matter much what the return was.

Of course if the team sucks its is going to be extremely disappointing. I didn't say otherwise. This team at least for the short run is not necessarily going to be better without Jack or Reinhart on the roster. But that doesn't mean that with the new composition of players this team won't play better and be more entertaining. And if this expected young roster consistently plays hard and the young players show that they are capable of getting a lot better then the fans will be receptive and enthusiastic about this team. Most fans are realistic about this upcoming team and its prospects. It's more about the near future than the present. 

Edited by JohnC

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

I still don't think he's getting traded

I will say as much as every sign points to him being traded my gut feeling has been that it won’t happen. The Sabres are reportedly asking for the moon (as they should) and GMs in this league are incredibly trigger shy. I don’t think their current asking price or even one step below it gets answered.

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I agree with whoever stated they will NOT trade Jack...I do think that the team could actually be very good under DG with a healthy Jack and Sam signed long term as well. With all the young guys we have now the team will actually have a really good future with a healthy & happy Jack and a likewise happy Sam. There is absolutely no way I believe they can get anywhere near return value for either Jack and/or Sam. The old saying as Punch will know the team who gets the best payer wins the trade.  Clearly there is absolutely no hope in hell we get a better player then either Jack or Sam in return if we were to trade either player. 

PLUS GOALTENDING

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Disagree.  The success/failure of Adams tenure will be associated with the teams performance.  If his return for Eichel is generally considered to be surprisingly good, but the team still sucks in 2025, it’s not going to matter much what the return was.

Or conversely if he gets draft picks and a bag of pucks for Jack but they win the cup in 2025, everyone will see him as a visionary.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Or conversely if he gets draft picks and a bag of pucks for Jack but they win the cup in 2025, everyone will see him as a visionary.

Or, they'll say, see, if you'd've held the course there was enough support available around Eichel & Reinhart 4 years ago that you should've been here 2 years ago.  😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Whatever the resolution is, I hope it involves him leaving. On top of having a losing soft team, we have a head case for a captain. This is the most unlikeable Sabres team that has ever been iced. At least give us some players that are endearing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Or, they'll say, see, if you'd've held the course there was enough support available around Eichel & Reinhart 4 years ago that you should've been here 2 years ago.  😉

Totally depends on Eichel's career trajectory between now and then.  There's a possibility he will never be the player he once was.

As for Reino, I really think if they can sign him to a multiyear deal, he stays.  But I think he wants and will only sign for another year, put in his time and leave (or, realizing that, KA will trade him now).  It's a damned shame.

I also think that there's a chance that Reino does sign a deal, possibly no more than three years, which will be enough to keep him around a while, and in the end they don't trade Jack, and they two of them buy into the Meatball Mantra and "want to play in Buffalo" and the team will rapidly rise.  I don't kid myself into thinking it's a big chance, but it's a not unreasonable scenario.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Totally depends on Eichel's career trajectory between now and then.  There's a possibility he will never be the player he once was.

As for Reino, I really think if they can sign him to a multiyear deal, he stays.  But I think he wants and will only sign for another year, put in his time and leave (or, realizing that, KA will trade him now).  It's a damned shame.

I also think that there's a chance that Reino does sign a deal, possibly no more than three years, which will be enough to keep him around a while, and in the end they don't trade Jack, and they two of them buy into the Meatball Mantra and "want to play in Buffalo" and the team will rapidly rise.  I don't kid myself into thinking it's a big chance, but it's a not unreasonable scenario.

Hey, I will take any false hope I can get that they can convince them both to stay for a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And there's a very reasonable possibility that he picks up right where he left off prior to the injury pre-lockdown.

Am just so totally non-enamored with this team right now.  And just see getting rid of Eichel & Reinhart as such a kick in the nads to everybody that kept supporting this ####storm for the past decade.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Hey, I will take any false hope I can get that they can convince them both to stay for a few years.

Here's some more false hope.  The theory goes like this:

- KA thinks Eichel's injury is bad enough that it's pretty likely -- not certain, but pretty likely -- he'll never fully recover, and the best move is to trade him if he can get a good return. 

- KA also has decided that he can't trade Eichel for an embarrassing pittance because he knows the franchise is already viewed as Siberia-like and he's trying to restore credibility.

- Eichel's condition has not improved with the rest/rehab program and he still wants the surgery -- which is likely why KA said yesterday that the team still opposes the surgery, and is likely why KA hasn't shared Eichel's medical records with other teams.

- The other GMs are spooked by the injury, but they're still in touch with KA, but have not made a good enough offer for KA to accept.

- There is a distinct possibility that no one makes a good enough offer without seeing Eichel on the ice and looking awesome again.

- The stalemate carries over into the season and what's this?  Eichel looks awesome, the Sabres' new goalie tandem of MAF and Freddy Andersen is killing it, Donnie Meatballs has them playing fast, hard and together, Dahlin is really cooking, Cozens looks like a growing force, Mattias Samuelsson and Will Borgen are stopping and pounding the opposition, and the Sabres are 14-6-3 and Jack is having the time of his freaking life...

- And if you're really hankering for hope -- why not throw Reino, in the last year of his deal but still not entirely closed off to an extension if the team can finally look alive -- in there too?

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And there's a very reasonable possibility that he picks up right where he left off prior to the injury pre-lockdown.

Am just so totally non-enamored with this team right now.  And just see getting rid of Eichel & Reinhart as such a kick in the nads to everybody that kept supporting this ####storm for the past decade.

I feel your pain brother. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Here's some more false hope.  The theory goes like this:

- KA thinks Eichel's injury is bad enough that it's pretty likely -- not certain, but pretty likely -- he'll never fully recover, and the best move is to trade him if he can get a good return. 

- KA also has decided that he can't trade Eichel for an embarrassing pittance because he knows the franchise is already viewed as Siberia-like and he's trying to restore credibility.

- Eichel's condition has not improved with the rest/rehab program and he still wants the surgery -- which is likely why KA said yesterday that the team still opposes the surgery, and is likely why KA hasn't shared Eichel's medical records with other teams.

- The other GMs are spooked by the injury, but they're still in touch with KA, but have not made a good enough offer for KA to accept.

- There is a distinct possibility that no one makes a good enough offer without seeing Eichel on the ice and looking awesome again.

- The stalemate carries over into the season and what's this?  Eichel looks awesome, the Sabres' new goalie tandem of MAF and Freddy Andersen is killing it, Donnie Meatballs has them playing fast, hard and together, Dahlin is really cooking, Cozens looks like a growing force, Mattias Samuelsson and Will Borgen are stopping and pounding the opposition, and the Sabres are 14-6-3 and Jack is having the time of his freaking life...

- And if you're really hankering for hope -- why not throw Reino, in the last year of his deal but still not entirely closed off to an extension if the team can finally look alive -- in there too?

I feel your pain brother. 

Was there with you until you said Andersen.  Losing Eichel & Reinhart while bringing him in, even in a backup role, might be the final straw that saves me a few grand. 

I wouldn't mind Eichel sitting out the entire year without a trade and have him heal up. Maybe then after the 2022 season is over he'lll be at close to 100 percent without an operation and Buffalo can get a fair trade for him. I'm convinced the timing isn't right for a fair trade right now, he needs more time to heal and Eichel's situation with Buffalo has become so unbearable that I don't want to ever see him in a Buffalo uniform again.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, inkman said:

Then the Sabres have been going way out of their way with the whole “we want players that wanna be here schtick” for Reinhart and Risto?  Seems unlikely.  Kevyn Adams has been buttering up this fan base for the inevitable Eichel trade his the end of the season. 

although I wish this wasn't the case, I think this is what it is.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

going to anaheim for zegras 1st and gibson.

Not really sure I want byfield tbh.

If this happens, I'll feel like the Sabres could have asked for just a little more.  Like maybe Anaheim needs to throw a veteran in there.  But I'll be ok--just ok--with it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.