Eichel's Agent Says Team/Player Heading Toward "Resolution"

Hoss

So ... what does it mean?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "resolution" is referring to?

• A trade is near
    • A plan to return to the team next year is near
    • He meant exclusively about the neck issue and was not commenting on his status with the team

I think that they are resolving the treatment.  The neck is getting better, no surgery, etc.  That is an attempt to make him more tradable. 

I have no idea when the trade occurs but first step is to clear the air on the injury a bit.  

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Because he doesn't have the leverage 

Okay. But do you think the Sabres are exploring trading him and are deciding they're not getting a fair return? Or that they're not entertaining the idea at all?

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think before expansion makes the most sense as they don't want to protect assets they are about to trade. 

But they might end up with more to protect after the trade.  Can't know for certain.

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Because he doesn't have the leverage 

Then the Sabres have been going way out of their way with the whole “we want players that wanna be here schtick” for Reinhart and Risto?  Seems unlikely.  Kevyn Adams has been buttering up this fan base for the inevitable Eichel trade his the end of the season. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Then the Sabres have been going way out of their way with the whole “we want players that wanna be here schtick” for Reinhart and Risto?  Seems unlikely.  Kevyn Adams has been buttering up this fan base for the inevitable Eichel trade his the end of the season. 

I got bad news for Adams on the state of the fanbase. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I got bad news for Adams on the state of the fanbase. 

He’s aware.  He’s mentioned it several times.  I’d be surprised if he doesn’t bring in some fan favorite types to fill out the roster. High energy, physical players that this fanbase covets.  It’s pretty simple, ice a team that plays hard and is exciting to watch, the fans will come back.  It’s going to take time to heal the wounds but I get the feeling he knows what the fans want.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, inkman said:

He’s aware.  He’s mentioned it several times.  I’d be surprised if he doesn’t bring in some fan favorite types to fill out the roster. High energy, physical players that this fanbase covets.  It’s pretty simple, ice a team that plays hard and is exciting to watch, the fans will come back.  It’s going to take time to heal the wounds but I get the feeling he knows what the fans want.  

dustin brown hockey GIF by NHL

28 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

Okay. But do you think the Sabres are exploring trading him and are deciding they're not getting a fair return? Or that they're not entertaining the idea at all?

I think the team wants to trade him but only if they can get the right return.

I don't think Jack ever asked to be traded. 

• Like (+1) 3

The 17th-21st, there is a roster freeze. Expansion protection lists are due on the 17th and everything is frozen until the expansion draft. So you figure it happens 12-16th or the 22-23rd. If it doesn't happen then I think he starts the season in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I still don't think he's getting traded

I want to believe

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The 17th-21st, there is a roster freeze. Expansion protection lists are due on the 17th and everything is frozen until the expansion draft. So you figure it happens 12-16th or the 22-23rd. If it doesn't happen then I think he starts the season in Buffalo. 

Good writeup, agreed.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think if there had been positive news on his health, we would've heard about it, as it's very much in both the Sabres' and Eichel's interests to make that known.  So I think the resolution is a trade.

I agree with you that a resolution on the Jack issue is a trade. But I disagree with you that not making public comments about his status indicates a negative prognosis. What Jack and his reps and the Sabres don't want is public commentary about this situation. Keeping this issue private between the parties is the right approach to avoid discord and misunderstanding. If teams are seriously interested in trading for Jack they would be given the required medical reports to make such a major decision. It seems to me that the parties involved are handling it in the right manner and professional way. 

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm at a point where I'd feel deflated if we didn't move Jack. And I like him and think he's great

I'd rather have that than ...

29 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I swear if this team is dumb enough to take ***** packages for jack eichel  and not keep him 

I'm done 

We had the "trade for a bad package when you didn't have to" scenario play out with O'Reilly.  It can't happen again.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree with whoever stated they will NOT trade Jack...I do think that the team could actually be very good under DG with a healthy Jack and Sam signed long term as well. With all the young guys we have now the team will actually have a really good future with a healthy & happy Jack and a likewise happy Sam. There is absolutely no way I believe they can get anywhere near return value for either Jack and/or Sam. The old saying as Punch will know the team who gets the best payer wins the trade.  Clearly there is absolutely no hope in hell we get a better player then either Jack or Sam in return if we were to trade either player. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jad1 said:

Blockbuster day?  Sure if you consider the apocalyptic end of the franchise to be a blockbuster. 😄

"Blockbuster" refers to bombs which, well, could destroy a city block.  So it would be appropriate.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Much of the success and failure of Adams tenure will be associated with the return he gets on the upcoming trade. There is a lot at stake for how this roster is going to be comprised next season and the near future. 

Disagree.  The success/failure of Adams tenure will be associated with the teams performance.  If his return for Eichel is generally considered to be surprisingly good, but the team still sucks in 2025, it’s not going to matter much what the return was.

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.