2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

33 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Jarry is simply terrible 

Playoff goaltending is so important.

It's when u rely on your guy to make the incredible save a time or two a game. The good ones steal atleast one game for you each round. 

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

Watching the game last night it was obvious both Montreal and Toronto won't beat anyone but each other this year.

Still better than the Sabres right now but, will they be next year? 

Well to be fair, at this point there is no reason why we'd be any better next year. We add a goalie (2 goalies?) make some good trades hire the right coach then maybe, but we haven't done anything yet except proclaim it let the kids play time. 

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well to be fair, at this point there is no reason why we'd be any better next year. We add a goalie (2 goalies?) make some good trades hire the right coach then maybe, but we haven't done anything yet except proclaim it let the kids play time. 

I know. They have to do the work.

I think, because of the expansion draft and cap implications, that this off season will present unique opportunities to acquire players that might not shake loose normally.

I don't know that to be true but it's being reported on more and more so it appears likely. 

Now. Can Karamanos and Adams get some of those guys? Idk?

If they do, and fix the goaltending and get continued progression from their younger players, then I could see the Sabres pushing into the playoff discussion.

That's alot of IFs and wishful thinking at this point but that's all I have right now. 

It's gonna be a long offseason.

Alex Tuch is for Vegas what I wish Tage Thompson was for the Sabres

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Nice job Isles. Good to see the Pens go away early. Is Mike Sullivan on the hot seat?

New regime might want to pick their guy 

Dumba with big hit in Tuch, then he had to drop’em, which he does.  Alec Martinez takes exception.  

In todays playoff NHL fighting is back.  Big hits on star players are answered by whomever is out there, and the refs are not punitive about.  

This is hockey and Buffalo has not seen it since the Drury/Brier led teams.  

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Nice job Isles. Good to see the Pens go away early. Is Mike Sullivan on the hot seat?

New GM, two straight disappointing playoffs, I’d say it’s likely.

I’d also say he’d rocket straight to the top of our list if it happens.

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

New GM, two straight disappointing playoffs, I’d say it’s likely.

I’d also say he’d rocket straight to the top of our list if it happens.

He probably would.  But *should* he?

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

I know. They have to do the work.

I think, because of the expansion draft and cap implications, that this off season will present unique opportunities to acquire players that might not shake loose normally.

I don't know that to be true but it's being reported on more and more so it appears likely. 

Now. Can Karamanos and Adams get some of those guys? Idk?

If they do, and fix the goaltending and get continued progression from their younger players, then I could see the Sabres pushing into the playoff discussion.

That's alot of IFs and wishful thinking at this point but that's all I have right now. 

It's gonna be a long offseason.

Well one thing we might be able to do is get a goalie from a team that would lose one to the draft maybe. Ullmark is a UFA so unless I have the rules wrong we don't actually have one that we need to protect so there's a space there. Somebody might give one up relatively cheap rather than just lose him for nothing. 

13 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There is not the history of the dastardly duo in NC.  All Sabre fans MUST hate the most dastardly Flyers and equally most dastardly Bruins.

This might be as goodly as you've ever spoke!

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

Really seeing how good a few guys are on the Isles. Brock Nelson continues to do his thing. Beauvillier is damn good. Scott Mayfield is stout.

New owner. Franchise center gone. Legit hockey man at the top. A real coach. Boom.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.