Sabres clinch last place...or did they?

PromoTheRobot

Pittsburgh is fighting to win the division.  Houser may play well, but I don't see Buffalo sweeping 2 games.  Whether it's tonight or Saturday, one of these games will be either an overtime loss or regulation loss.....as Darth would say, then their "failure is complete".

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But they have more ROW wins than we can get.

Order of standings 

1) Points

2) Regulation Wins

3) Regulation/OT Wins

The Sabres and Ducks are tied at 11 Regulation wins. If the Ducks lose the last two, and the Sabres win the last two with one being in Regulation, they tie on points and the Sabres 'win' on Regulation Wins and jump them in the standings.

10 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Wow I’ve been asleep. Is Vancouver that bad? I’ve been listening to the Aholes on Vancouver sportsradio  laugh at the Sabres ineptitude all season. Jerks

They can pat themselves on the back for still being technically "in the hunt" for a playoff spot.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Order of standings 

1) Points

2) Regulation Wins

3) Regulation/OT Wins

The Sabres and Ducks are tied at 11 Regulation wins. If the Ducks lose the last two, and the Sabres win the last two with one being in Regulation, they tie on points and the Sabres 'win' on Regulation Wins and jump them in the standings.

Don’t the Ducks have 15 ROW?

i think Promo is right.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Don’t the Ducks have 15 ROW?

i think Promo is right.

Hoss is right. If Sabres get to 41 points with at least one regulation win, and Anaheim has two regulation losses, Sabres tie with 41 points but win the tiebreaker with 12 reg wins vs. 11.

I'm not the only guy confused.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

If you took nine losses by any team and turned them into wins they'd be in much better shape.

You can't discount the division we're in. Leafs and Oilers would be 6th place in this division going by last year's standings. Montreal... A team we could have passed last year had it not been for the lockdown, is in the 4th and final playoff spot. 

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

So Buffalo's last game in Saturday the 8th, yet the regular season will run to May 19th? 

Why did they condense their schedule so much if they had 10 extra days to play with?

The league felt that there had to be a buffer of (reserve) days just in case there were game cancellations due to Covid. It was an approach of planning for the worst case scenario and hope for the best. It was a prudent and reasonable approach to take. The worst thing that could have happened is that the season runs out with teams playing a different number of games when there were still playoff implications.  

11 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Technically if we remove the 18 game winless streak we’d be

15-16-5 for 35 pts in 36 games

Next let’s split the final 20 games

9-9-2

24-25-7 for 55 pts in 56 games.

Thus we played at nearly a pt per game while not in that streak.

You give us a healthy Eichel, McCabe and Ullmark and that’s approximately where we’d be

Why the hell didn't Adams use his Remove Losses and Auto Heal Injuries lifelines?!!!!!

Hope he uses them next year when we produce an inevitable losing streak and suffer inevitable injuries 

Edited by Thorny

Ideally, the Ducks will get to OT to secure that one point and 30th place and the Sabres will play hard and win both games in regulation to finish the season on a high note, while still landing in 31st.  Finishing last is not something I relish, but it does give their lottery odds a slight bump, so why not?  Maybe Ryan Miller will go out in style while doing his old team a solid.

Edited by msw2112

55 point pace. Would be our 6th worst ever. A loss on Saturday can give us a tie for bottom five.  A 37 point increase is the greatest season over season increase in Sabres history. 92 points was good for 16th in the league in 2018-2019, but would have missed the playoffs in the east by 6 points. 21 more wins and 1 more OTL should be the goal for next season. Why the hell not?

• Like (+1) 1

man, what a season. i have to say, i love hockey more than any sport. this sabres team has brought me completely disinterested in all hockey. that hasnt happened to me since hasek got traded. 

i also follow the wild, which are doing amazing this year, but they are on the west, so the games are too late for me to watch. 

i wonder if its not time for me to stop "also" following the wild, and "only" follow the wild (once they get out of the west)

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

man, what a season. i have to say, i love hockey more than any sport. this sabres team has brought me completely disinterested in all hockey. that hasnt happened to me since hasek got traded. 

i also follow the wild, which are doing amazing this year, but they are on the west, so the games are too late for me to watch. 

i wonder if its not time for me to stop "also" following the wild, and "only" follow the wild (once they get out of the west)

Used to catch nearly all the games that were available and once having CI would watch games at least 4, if not 5, nights/ week.

10 years into this run have watched CI maybe 5 times all season.  Don't really have a desire to watch any of the playoffs.  Signed up for the Amerks TV package & definitely watched less than 10 of their games. 

NEVER thought there was any way to end up this blase about it all.  Can't even begin to imagine how many casual fans this team has turned off courtesy of a bad idea from 8 years ago that had even poorer implementation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.