Sabres clinch last place...or did they?

PromoTheRobot

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

Still believe that after goaltending & getting the right coach, the thing this team needs most is the 2C.  Yes, there are 3 potentially viable candidates in house & there is a very real possibility that 1-3 of those internal candidates might be ready for it in the fall of '22; but 2 likely aren't there yet & the 3rd that might be really works well with the franchise C.

As they really only NEED the 2C to be GOOD at that role for 1 season, wondering if Olofsson & either Ristolainen or a 2nd could get that guy.

Lines end up:

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart

Ruotsalainen/Bjork - Vet 2C - Cozens/Ruotsalainen

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Girgensons - New 4C/ Cozens - Okposo

Spare: Eakin / Bjork

Wouldn't mind re-signing Sheahan to be the spare to send Eakin to Ra-cha-cha.

They'd need to sign a vet D to partner with (hopefully) McCabe.

McCabe - New guy

Dahlin - Borgen

Samuelson - Jokiharju

Spares Bryson & 2nd new guy.  Top 2 pairings basically interchangeable.  You want to say Dahlin's pair is 1st, cool.

Would still be nervous if too many injuries happen as really not sure the guys pencilled innforvRa-cha-cha can step up as about 7 of those guys from this year stepped up leaving fewer guys to be down there on the verge of being ready for their shot.

And if Reinhart is the 2C this year, want to see Cozens on Eichel's wing.

Like it - ya I think what it comes down to is, beyond the obvious needs at goalie, vet D, and perhaps a checking C for line 4, we need to make at least 1 significant top 6 add. Sign me up for a C if possible, we can always movie a C to the W, but like dudacek said above, it's just probably more likely we get better value adding at wing, it'll probably be a little easier to do it. I won't have confidence in their ability to add a top 6 C from outside until I see it again post ROR

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.