Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

that extra .5 serves us better, over 82 games (we get that benefit, every game) than the benefit of keeping Eichel away from the big bad rangers

People willingly accept "BPA" and this is the same founding principle - it's just about maximizing value being the key priority

I just see it as justifiable loss. The .05 per year will mean less than what Eichel creates. 

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

None of those players are available. Go to their prospect pool and start reading around the 20th ranked prospect. That is who they are willing to give up.😜😂

Then ***** the Rangers.  Peace!

To be blunt, if the difference between a Western team and an Eastern team is a 2nd rounder. Then I don’t care about that random 2nd

If between Perrault and Lafreniere then I’d need to bite the bullet but I’d take Zegras over Lafreniere 

Edited by thewookie1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

To be blunt, if the difference between a Western team and an Eastern team is a 2nd rounder. Then I don’t care about that random 2nd

I think it just really depends on the type of prospect offer.  I don't really love the center depth in the NYR system.  They have more credible wing depth and defensive depth.  While we need help everywhere.  The difference for me in Lafreniere v Zegras v Byfield v Turcotte and so on, is that the center headliner is more appealing from those other teams.  Aside from that, it doesn't make a ton of difference.  I would rather see him on the West Coast, as we won't hear about him as much with East Coast Media. 

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I just see it as justifiable loss. The .05 per year will mean less than what Eichel creates. 

Per (82 game) year, per game.

The gain from dealing him outside the division is mostly captured through the ~6 less games we then have to play against JE, by ensuring he goes west. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The latest rumours have the Rangers seriously kicking the tires again. 

Apparently they were seriously negotiating last summer so all those rumours might have been true. We wanted that #1 though and they wouldn't part with it. Wonder what the rest of the deal might have been? 

Eichel-Panarin = lethal. 

The dumb part about this, and it may just be NY journalists trying to earn a living, is the rumors just keep recycling the same old garbage. NYR want Jack, but under no circumstances will they give up anyone of value. If these rumors were true and I was Kevyn, I would block their number. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Also, do you guys really want to hear about how Drury destroyed our center depth again and how the NYR are somehow this great organization and NYC is so much better than Buffalo BS we always hear?

This is entirely irrelevant. Nobody would make that first point and the rare instance that second point would be explicitly mentioned is probably only on some obscure Rangers forum that is very easy to avoid 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Also, do you guys really want to hear about how Drury destroyed our center depth again and how the NYR are somehow this great organization and NYC is so much better than Buffalo BS we always hear?

Why in the hell would anyone be so triggered as to be bothered by whether or not NYR is viewed as a better organization than Buffalo because they won a trade with Eichel?  The only ***** thing that matters is that we become a better team overall for the trade.  The rest is rainbows.

Classic Buffalo reactionary mentality right there.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I'm asking Lafreniere, Miller, Chytil 2 1sts and a mid tier prospect: Henricksson/Robertson.   Take it or leave it.  If we're trading in conference, it has to hurt them.  

Ya, that's not going to happen. The stories say we asked for the #1 pick last summer which was Lafreniere, and that was a big fat no so it ain't happening now either. 

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I really do not understand not wanting to trade him in the conference or the division. You trade him to wherever you are getting the best offer. If the Rangers, or Boston, were to give you the best offer, many of you would actually take a WORSE offer just to keep him in the other conference?

If you have 2 offers that are close you choose the far away one. Otherwise shouldn't matter imo. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

As a matter of practicality - if Adams is afraid to trade Eichel in division because he sees a strong likelihood it bites him in the ass, why the holy hell are we trading Jack Eichel?

I think this in the division thing mattered more in the old days with solid rivalries and less roster turnover. These days players move around so much with free agency I don't think it matters at all. 

Also, presumably, if you make the trade you think you got the better of it so why be afraid? Not trading him into the division would be an admission from the get go that you got the stick end of the deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

The New York Rangers, as a rival, are irrelevant to me. Must be a western New York thing.

If the Rangers make the best offer, I make the trade. They could make a winning bid, but if Drury only offers what their fans would offer, they aren’t getting Eichel.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

The New York Rangers, as a rival, are irrelevant to me. Must be a western New York thing.

Predominately among the “I hate NYC politics so much I want to secede from the state” crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

My fiancé had to go to NYC for about 20 hours recently and almost got killed and/or robbed like 3 separate times, and wasn't even in that bad of an area. F*ck that hellscape

At least 1/3 of people suck, and cities hold the most people. Not surprising.