Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you were tasked with putting together a trade deal with Anaheim for Jack what would be a reasonable deal for both sides? 

Well Zegras wouldn't be on the table if I am Anaheim. That would probably be the only prospect I refuse to part with.  Drysdale I suppose might also make that list which I think makes this difficult. 

3rd overall, Jacob Perrault, Adam Henrique (cap and position reasons), and Maxim Comtois for Jack Eichel

I am sure many will dislike this trade and I don't love it but I think that's more in line with what we might see. 

3rd overall, Zegras, and Henrique for Eichel might also be something that is in the realm of possibilities. Hard to say really. 

Now if I am Buffalo, I am demanding Zegras and 3rd overall or no deal. If Anaheim is upset about losing 3rd overall you can always sweeten the pot with 1 of the 2 2nds we have. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not too many diehard Jackers. Can you imagine this thread five years ago? Two? Of course the people ahead of the curve always get lashed. It looks like a lot of you also knew deep down he wasn't the guy. Tank fruit and all though, first born son.

I respectfully but strenuously disagree with your view of Jack. Jack didn't fail---the organization did. Because of the systemic ineptitude starting with the owner this franchise has been erratically run for a decade. Jack isn't the only player who wants out. There are others who are fed up with the disorganization that has led us to again being the worst team in the league. The organization has a lot to do to internally to right the ship. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well Zegras wouldn't be on the table if I am Anaheim. That would probably be the only prospect I refuse to part with.  Drysdale I suppose might also make that list which I think makes this difficult. 

3rd overall, Jacob Perrault, Adam Henrique (cap and position reasons), and Maxim Comtois for Jack Eichel

I am sure many will dislike this trade and I don't love it but I think that's more in line with what we might see. 

3rd overall, Zegras, and Henrique for Eichel might also be something that is in the realm of possibilities. Hard to say really. 

Now if I am Buffalo, I am demanding Zegras and 3rd overall or no deal. If Anaheim is upset about losing 3rd overall you can always sweeten the pot with 1 of the 2 2nds we have. 

I'm with you. At least Zegras and their pick or walk away from the table. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not too many diehard Jackers. Can you imagine this thread five years ago? Two? Of course the people ahead of the curve always get lashed. It looks like a lot of you also knew deep down he wasn't the guy. Tank fruit and all though, first born son.

Lol what? Don't agree with this. I think trading Eichel will most likely be a mistake but acquiring him was not. Not building a team around him and constantly hiring incompetent coaching and gms certainly played a major part. 

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I respectfully but strenuously disagree with your view of Jack. Jack didn't fail---the organization did. Because of the systemic ineptitude starting with the owner this franchise has been erratically run for a decade. Jack isn't the only player who wants out. There are others who are fed up with the disorganization that has led us to again being the worst team in the league, again. The organization has a lot to do internally to right the ship. 

and it's going to be difficult to get players to come here. FAs will not have Buffalo on their list of teams

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

and it's going to be difficult to get players to come here. FAs will not have Buffalo on their list of teams

To put it mildly we are not a destination location. When you build a ramshackle house no one wants to reside in it. Adding talent will mostly be done through trades and internal player development. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I respectfully but strenuously disagree with your view of Jack. Jack didn't fail---the organization did. Because of the systemic ineptitude starting with the owner this franchise has been erratically run for a decade. Jack isn't the only player who wants out. There are others who are fed up with the disorganization that has led us to again being the worst team in the league. The organization has a lot to do internally to right the ship. 

To absolve the players on these crummy teams is ludicrous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Except when we literally have the data that shows no matter how good one player is, it's not enough to elevate a hockey team in spite on the rest of the roster. The Oilers have only been better than we have corresponding to the talent gap between Eichel and Reinhart and McDavid and Draisaitl. If we had them, we'd be them. They've achieved nothing. Surely you wouldn't argue their puny accomplishments (including mostly missing the playoffs) since acquiring perhaps the greatest talent to ever play the game is a result worthy of the talent of that player? 

Of course McDavid should be absolved - because it's the rest of the team that isn't living up to the requirement. This isn't Basketball, Jack can be really good yet, even if he's the best player to ever play the game, not enough to make even much of a dent. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

There is no such thing as “the guy” on an NHL team.  It takes several “the guy”s to make a good team.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

THIS Jacker remains, and remains hard.

This thread “5 years ago”? 

Try 5 months ago 

What is a Jacker?  Lol

The entire Eichel saga reminds me of the political strategies these days.

Keep putting out statements from all over that point to one thing to slowly wear down those who would have resistance to it (the fans).  Eventually you get to a point where the fans are sick of hearing about and just want it to happen.  They never wanted to happen initially but now the message is out there so much that it's fine.. just let it happen. 

I've never been 100% on the Eichel train.  The season before last he really stepped up.  This season is just an absolute aberration making it hard to judge anything.  But at this point... I just don't even care any more.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yes, clearly it was Jack's fault the team was bad and not things like throwing out a goalie who needed a seeing eye dog on a nightly basis or a neverending series of  entry level coach and GM hires instead of actual proven pros.

I think Anaheim is the most likely contender at this point. Minnesota and Vancouver also make some sense. If reports are true and half of the rangers prospects and young players are untouchable I wouldn't even return their calls. Columbus has nothing I want. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman’s comment about Anaheim “keeping their powder dry” and preparing “something big” are getting way too little play, IMO. As I pointed out in the Ducks Shopping thread, there are too many matching parts and needs for this not to be a serious consideration.