Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

(The Ducks veteran in my scenario isn’t a dump, more like a cap equalizer. He will help the Sabres next year, but he won’t be part of their long-term plans. Might even be a Rakell or a Manson. The more value he has, the more the Sabres add. Might be a 4th added to Jack. Might be Johnson. I’m worried our guy might be Henrique.)

Edited by dudacek

Eichel to ducks for 3oa, Comtois, Henrique, pick/prospect

Reinhart and UPL and a 2nd to Columbus for 5 and Merzlikins 

Risto for Garland

- - - 

Comtois - Cozens - Garland

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Skinner - Henrique - Olofsson

Ruotsalainen - Girgensons - Okposo

Dahlin - Borgen

McCabe - Jokiharju

Samuelsson - Bryson

Merzlikins

Peterka - Beniers - Quinn

Power - Clarke

- - - 

It's not what I would do, it's what's going to happen. To a "t" - up to and including each line placement. Messier guarantee. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Your Columbus trade makes me furious. Merzlikins is basically Ullmark 

But we get Clarke!

(The post was mostly a gag.) Though I agree w/others the Eichel deal probably looks like that

Just now, Thorny said:

But we get Clarke!

(The post was mostly a gag.) Though I agree w/others the Eichel deal probably looks like that

Reinhart is worth Merz and 5th alone. Adding upl is ***** garbage. Adding a 2nd is just pouring fire into an open wound. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Assuming we sign him, Elvis is worth an early 2nd.

An early 2nd and 5OA is good value for Sam, IMO. I can see us throwing in a sweetener, but not two other assets almost equivalent to Elvis on their own.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

(The post was mostly a gag.) 

But we can all see it happening.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Assuming we sign him, Elvis is worth an early 2nd.

An early 2nd and 5OA is good value for Sam, IMO. I can see us throwing in a sweetener, but not two other assets almost equivalent to Elvis on their own.

But we can all see it happening.

Yes.

If the 5-man prospect team at the bottom all go gangbusters, it could work out. 

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d still be asking for Zegras, there aren’t any 1Cs in this draft, and we lack a prospect of that tier. 

Couldnt someone just wack Eichel over the head, give him amnesia and tell him he loves it here always forever?

1mLb.thumb.gif.32cef4c7b5d234640984eb99396b7ca3.gif

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Actually your Columbus trade is straight up *****. 

This is still funny but it was worded more funny before

Just remember who you're trading Kevyn

This was not a player with some mystical losing force, or with crippling flaws that will keep his team from winning

This is an NHL star that developed into this player despite his franchise's incompetence 

You have the leverage, you don't need to trade him. Make sure you get everything you possibly can if you do, and don't expect him to lose the same way if you send him to a competent team

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Eichel to ducks for 3oa, Comtois, Henrique, pick/prospect

Reinhart and UPL and a 2nd to Columbus for 5 and Merzlikins 

Risto for Garland

- - - 

Comtois - Cozens - Garland

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Skinner - Henrique - Olofsson

Ruotsalainen - Girgensons - Okposo

Dahlin - Borgen

McCabe - Jokiharju

Samuelsson - Bryson

Merzlikins

Peterka - Beniers - Quinn

Power - Clarke

- - - 

It's not what I would do, it's what's going to happen. To a "t" - up to and including each line placement. Messier guarantee. 

I don't honestly get the interest in Columbus other than picks.  Their prospect pool, might be worse than the Sabres.  They have a group of players that are tight nit in the win now genre.  If you ask me, they are the least appealing team package wise, to any team other than the Maple Leafs.  Their best prospect, isn't someone our ownership group tends to like, in Russians, which is complete *****, but it is what it is.  As our owners are the biggest joke of the entire team. 

I like Carolina, but if a high pick is a must, they might not be the best fit.  Jarvis, Drury, Gunler, Bean, are all desirable assets.  Throw in middle prospects like Nybeck, Puistola, etc.

Edited by TheCerebral1

43 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just remember who you're trading Kevyn

This was not a player with some mystical losing force, or with crippling flaws that will keep his team from winning

This is an NHL star that developed into this player despite his franchise's incompetence 

You have the leverage, you don't need to trade him. Make sure you get everything you possibly can if you do, and don't expect him to lose the same way if you send him to a competent team

He’s trading him. He’s too far down the path to stop.

And we will not win the deal. 

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

He’s trading him. He’s too far down the path to stop.

And we will not win the deal. 

I don't need to win it. Just don't come limping away from an Eichel trade. In no universe is that necessary. He is the most valuable teade asset this franchise has had in 20 years

What kind of player is Comtois? Is he a second-line player? Others have described him as pesky and gritty. We certainly can use that type of  player. 

I still hold that any Jack deal with Anaheim that doesn't include Zegras is a bad deal for us. A Zegras, Comtois and their first pick (we throw in one of our second rd picks) seems to be a fair deal for us. 

• Like (+1) 1