Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Zegras and Comtois can be described as futures. So can a 2022 first and a prospect 2 years away. 

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about this 

I think Zegras a must get if Eichel is going to Anaheim, pairing him with Comtois, a prospect and pick to me likely the best we can expect which to me fair.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I could only see us trading him to Toronto if got Tavares and more.

Yeah, no thanks on Tavares.  I mean with his age and contract, and the fact the Sabres aren't going to be contenders anytime soon, I really don't want him for even a LOT less than Eichel.

Just now, mjd1001 said:

Yeah, no thanks on Tavares.  I mean with his age and contract, and the fact the Sabres aren't going to be contenders anytime soon, I really don't want him for even a LOT less than Eichel.

By getting Tavares you give other NHL players to want to come here. If we only takes picks and prospects we become undesirable to other players imo. 

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

By getting Tavares you give other NHL players to want to come here. If we only takes picks and prospects we become undesirable to other players imo. 

Again, SUPER hard pass on that.  A 30 year old...with a huge salary?  And just how many people do you think want to come to the worst team in a league just because one player was traded for?  Not enough to make you a contender.  I don't think this would happen, but if they made a deal like this, it would be about as upset with management as I ever have been and would wonder just what their plan for this franchise is.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Again, SUPER hard pass on that.  A 30 year old...with a huge salary?  And just how many people do you think want to come to the worst team in a league just because one player was traded for?  Not enough to make you a contender.  I don't think this would happen, but if they made a deal like this, it would be about as upset with management as I ever have been and would wonder just what their plan for this franchise is.

Hall signed here in part because Eichel was here. All I'm saying is Tavares to me is a better player than Mariner so if moved Jack we need a better starting point.

John Wawrow was on the Tim Graham and Friends Podcast.

He confirmed that there was a push to trade Eichel shortly after Adams arrival

He mentioned that Bob McKenzie Rumors this past September, the belief is even back then, they have been offering Jack for quite sometime. 

Injury or not they were looking to move Him. 

With any inside info, he believes Jack is traded by the draft. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Comtois is 26 months older than Turcotte, not just a year.

It doesn’t invalidate your opinion, but I’m a stickler for facts.

Thanks. I should have checked.

It doesn’t invalidate my opinion, but it does shift it; Turcotte may not be as far behind Comtois as I thought on the development curve.

Separately, I wonder if that “fair” offer the Rangers made last summer is still on the table, or if Jack’s injury or the GM switch moved it?

Does some version of Chytil, Buchnevich, 15 OA and Strome still look awful compared to what we are now steeling ourselves for?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Thanks. I should have checked.

It doesn’t invalidate my opinion, but it does shift it; Turcotte may not be as far behind Comtois as I thought on the development curve.

Separately, I wonder if that “fair” offer the Rangers made last summer is still on the table, or if Jack’s injury or the GM switch moved it?

Does some version of Chytil, Buchnevich, 15 OA and Strome still look awful compared to what we are now steeling ourselves for?

Yes, because I don't want him in the conference and having to hear 50 times a year about the Rangers and them stealing Eichel.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He mentioned that Bob McKenzie Rumors this past September, the belief is even back then, they have been offering Jack for quite sometime. 

Joy, another ROR situation with the freaking owners and GM having a vendetta against a top player for no apparent reason.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Zegras and Comtois can be described as futures. So can a 2022 first and a prospect 2 years away. 

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about this 

Same. We're gonna get 3oa, Kessler, henrique, and some prospect who sucks instead. 

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd hope some of the crazed fans would go burn an effigy in front of the statue of the French Connection in that case.

At that point we take the French Connection away and boycott the team. They get the statue back when they've earned it. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And why was Adams brought in and what was his primary job? This whole thing is starting to sound like a cost-cutting measure, rather than a sound hockey decision. 

Edited by kas23
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, kas23 said:

And why was Adams brought in and what was his primary job? This whole thing is starting to sound like a cost-cutting measure, rather than a sound hockey decision. 

There is nothing we’ve seen yet to indicate this is about cutting costs.

Prior to being hired as GM, Adams was brought in to review the culture of the team, mostly off the ice.

It would be natural for him to continue that on the ice.

It would not be entirely surprising to learn that he has concluded that Jack’s approach and attitude is standing in the way of a needed culture shift.

It would be even less surprising to learn that someone further up the food chain has grown tired of Jack’s approach and attitude and instructed him to move on.

We can only go by what we’ve observed in the past and how it applies to the present.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1