Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

I would think nothing too serious is being discussed until the medical issue is taking the next step. How well did the 12 week rehab plan work?

Still don't want to trade him.  I understand the Rienhart and Risto are likely gone as they'll leave on their own after this coming season.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

This seems highly inconsistent with the other info that’s out there.

Well, you may have seen info that I haven't, but all I've seen is that a few teams have been said to have kicked the tires -- no names of players attached, no reports of activity heating up, nothing about a team putting together an attractive package, etc.

43 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, you may have seen info that I haven't, but all I've seen is that a few teams have been said to have kicked the tires -- no names of players attached, no reports of activity heating up, nothing about a team putting together an attractive package, etc.

Both the Sabres and Eichel’s Camp have gone silent on the next steps. Friedman and Dreger have no new information to share. I imagine Adams has asked for similar discretion in serious trade discussions for Eichel 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The only way I would hope KA would consider retaining salary would be if it’s makes the difference in getting a maximum return for Him

Well that's all part of the equation.  But really.... I hope it's a clean break.  No salary... or maybe just a few % to help the other team make cap.

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Both the Sabres and Eichel’s Camp have gone silent on the next steps. Friedman and Dreger have no new information to share. I imagine Adams has asked for similar discretion in serious trade discussions for Eichel 

You think they went silent to facilitate a trade? 

I wonder if it is that Eichel was healing and they are also exploring a trade. 

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Here you go Pierre LeBrun 

• Sad 2

Here’s LeBrun’s Column regarding Jack

Nobody said the Stanley Cup playoffs had to be over before Jack Eichel potentially gets moved.

And while I’m not saying the star center will get traded before the end of the playoffs, what I’m hearing is that conversations between the Buffalo Sabres and other interested teams are getting more intense and serious.

So read into that what you will. The next few weeks could be intriguing on that front.

And I would imagine Sabres GM Kevyn Adams would be counting on a first-round pick to be used the night of July 23 in this year’s draft in any package so the clock indeed is ticking.

Eichel, 24, has five years and $50 million left on his contract but there’s no question there are teams — at a certain price — who believe a change of scenery will reset his career.

Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

The Kings want to make a splashy move for a top-6 forward, the Wild could use another top center, and the Jackets (who have three first-round picks this year) of course really, really need a No. 1 center.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Nobody said the Stanley Cup playoffs had to be over before Jack Eichel potentially gets moved.

And while I’m not saying the star center will get traded before the end of the playoffs, what I’m hearing is that conversations between the Buffalo Sabres and other interested teams are getting more intense and serious.

So read into that what you will. The next few weeks could be intriguing on that front.

And I would imagine Sabres GM Kevyn Adams would be counting on a first-round pick to be used the night of July 23 in this year’s draft in any package so the clock indeed is ticking.

Eichel, 24, has five years and $50 million left on his contract but there’s no question there are teams — at a certain price — who believe a change of scenery will reset his career.

Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

The Kings want to make a splashy move for a top-6 forward, the Wild could use another top center, and the Jackets (who have three first-round picks this year) of course really, really need a No. 1 center.

If you look at the listed teams what they have in common is that they have multiple assets that include young players who can play right away.  Will we get an equal value deal with a Jack trade? No. When Jack is healthy he is a top 10 -12 player who will rack up impressive stats. 

If KA ends up trading Jack, Samson and Risto this offseason and handles it smartly the Sabres will have a chance to reshape its roster with the new additions. Will we be a better team? If the goaltending is upgraded and with the infusion of young talent this team will be more competitive than it has been in its recent past. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you look at the listed teams what they have in common is that they have multiple assets that include young players who can play right away.  Will we get an equal value deal with a Jack trade? No. When Jack is healthy he is a top 10 -12 player who will rack up impressive stats. 

If KA ends up trading Jack, Samson and Risto this offseason and handles it smartly the Sabres will have a chance to reshape its roster with the new additions. Will we be a better team? If the goaltending is upgraded and with the infusion of young talent this team will be more competitive than it has been in its recent past. 

I agree... except Columbus who I wouldn't trade with. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

couple of big ifs in there

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm not. This is a bad move

I understand your sentiment. But if Samson and Risto want out and have contract leverage to force a trade then moving the players while they have more value makes sense. The same line of thinking applies to Jack. If he is not fully committed to the direction that the organization is taking then it makes sense to move him. This organization has made a lot of blunders. It has resulted in a level of stagnation where players want out. I don't blame the players. Sometimes when the franchise is in a state of stagnation decisive jolts of action need to be taken to revive the carcass. Whether one likes it or not that's where we are at.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

couple of big ifs in there

I agree that there are a lot of big ifs.  If Jack is healthy we will not get an equal value deal. I'm very aware of that.  But that doesn't mean that an acceptable deal can't be made. And if an acceptable deal can't be made then don't trade him.  

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I understand your sentiment. But if Samson and Risto want out and have contract leverage to force a trade then moving the players while they have more value makes sense. The same line of thinking applies to Jack. If he is not fully committed to the direction that the organization is taking then it makes sense to move him. This organization has made a lot of blunders. It has resulted in a level of stagnation where players want out. I don't blame the players. Sometimes when the franchise is in a state of stagnation decisive jolts of action need to be taken to revive the carcass. Whether one likes it or not that's where we are at.

I concur . It just sucks and I don't think this gets better anytime soon.

31 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Definitely seems like the piece Adams is prioritizing is a lotto ticket 

Not too many diehard Jackers. Can you imagine this thread five years ago? Two? Of course the people ahead of the curve always get lashed. It looks like a lot of you also knew deep down he wasn't the guy. Tank fruit and all though, first born son.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Not too many diehard Jackers. Can you imagine this thread five years ago? Two? Of course the people ahead of the curve always get lashed. It looks like a lot of you also knew deep down he wasn't the guy. Tank fruit and all though, first born son.

THIS Jacker remains, and remains hard.

This thread “5 years ago”? 

Try 5 months ago 

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

I concur . It just sucks and I don't think this gets better anytime soon.

You hit on the critical issue: What is the timeline to regaining a level of respectability? I can't say for sure. But I do believe that if the multiple trade scenarios materialize and the multiple deals are managed well that this team can be reconfigured to the point that it will be a more competitive team with a visible upward trajectory. The key is getting better goaltending and coaching that is attuned to the young roster. I'm counting on a Granato hiring.

• Like (+1) 1