Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Turcotte and 8

Or 

Comtois and 3 

What say you?

I hate when people give two options and someone’s response is neither so I say this with full hate in my heart … NEITHER.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I'm guessing people will like the Anaheim deal better. Maybe that means the extra pieces will be a bit more significant in the LA scenario

3 is definitely a lot better than 8

I like the concept of Turcotte. I am not convinced about the player. Comtois is just a year older and already making an NHL impact.

No contest for me.

The adds could change that.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m not going to get worked up over what the return may or may not be for Jack.  IMO his value is diminished due to the neck uncertainty, and I have a strong feeling Jack tapped out and wants to go no matter what.  Same goes for Risto and Reinhart.  

I’ve accepted the fact that all 3 may be gone before the start of next season.  If so, then the page turns and keep the fingers crossed that Adams and Karmanos have a solid plan in place. 

• Like (+1) 3

It's gonna be something underwhelming like Eichel and Risto to ANA for a Troy Terry, Josh Manson and a 1st.   

Or Iaffalo, Walker and a 1st.

I would be shocked if a top prospect is part of any package. 

Why?   Because there's a perception around the league (based on my conversations with local team personnel as well as a prominent member of an NHL franchise in the northwest who still resides here in OC) that Eichel is the laziest player in the league, is injury prone and has other non-hockey related off ice issues.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

It's gonna be something underwhelming like Eichel and Risto to ANA for a Troy Terry, Josh Manson and a 1st.   

Why?   Because there's a perception around the league (based on my conversations with local team personnel as well as a prominent member of an NHL franchise in the northwest who still resides here in OC) that Eichel is the laziest player in the league, is injury prone and has other non-hockey related off ice issues.

Then you don't trade him lol

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I don't get the Bolded part ..

"Lazy "

But played through injuries this year and many others and still elite .

Do injuries make you a lazy player ?

• Like (+1) 1

Lebrun says Sabres asking teams for lots of futures:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/lebrun-i-m-hearing-that-the-sabres-are-looking-for-a-lot-of-futures-in-return-for-eichel-1.1656366

Says he ranks the bidders as:

1. LA

2. Minnesota

3. Anaheim

and to a certain extent Columbus, with three 1st-round picks and no top centres

Edited by dudacek
  • Sad 1

First thing LeBrun says is that it's a question of "getting a first round pick" in the deal. And that he's "not saying it's a deal breaker" but it's what Adams is mentioning in conversations. 

- - - 

It's interesting that he said he thought it'd be a hockey trade. And that he's a bit surprised Adams is looking for a futures deal. Says he thinks it's another reset. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Remember when you wouldn’t stop talking about Auston Matthews being a code Addict bust of a prospect? Yea, I’m going to go ahead and ignore your sources.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't get the Bolded part ..

"Lazy "

But played through injuries this year and many others and still elite .

Do injuries make you a lazy player ?

That and the dude added a ton of muscle before last season by apparently just sitting on his couch finger popping his *****.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

3 is definitely a lot better than 8

I like the concept of Turcotte. I am not convinced about the player. Comtois is just a year older and already making an NHL impact.

No contest for me.

The adds could change that.

Comtois is 26 months older than Turcotte, not just a year.

It doesn’t invalidate your opinion, but I’m a stickler for facts.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

First thing LeBrun says is that it's a question of "getting a first round pick" in the deal. And that he's "not saying it's a deal breaker" but it's what Adams is mentioning in conversations. 

- - - 

It's interesting that he said he thought it'd be a hockey trade. And that he's a bit surprised Adams is looking for a futures deal. Says he thinks it's another reset. 

Only weird part is that Lebrun was assuming that it wouldn’t be for futures.  I think most here already felt it would be mostly a picks/prospects/young players return, as opposed to a star for star trade.

Especially since it was already reported (by Friedman?) that Adams was looking for the equivalent of 4 1st round picks in an Eichel trade.

Edited by Curt