Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

22 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I think the likelihood of a reconciliation is not as low as some think. The guy is 24 and wants everything his way. Then he meets the real world where adults have rules. Of course he is going to start crying. Many of us at the age of 24 would’ve acted the same way. If he decided to sit, which many of us think he won’t, and we begin to have some semblance of success or positivity, I think he’ll suit up. 

I think people have Jack wrong in some respects.  He's a Type A personality and you take the good with the bad with those people.  He's been incredibly driven his whole life going back 10+ years, but Type A's are demanding.  

Everyone's speculating about him being a bad egg in the locker room.  Maybe. Maybe not.   But the one thing many sports fans aren't seeing is that players of this generation have more say to the point of forcing a team's hand.  That's just reality and price of fielding a competitive team save for perhaps the current incarnation of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Jack wants to win and Buffalo has demonstrated they don't know what the heck they're doing there.  Anyone who works hard for a decade plus at their craft will grow frustrated with the support structure.  

• Like (+1) 4

First time gm Adams is a moron who will get taken advantage of

First time gm Drury is a genius convincing teams across the country to low ball Buffalo so he can low ball Buffalo 

This thread is delusional. Drury comes off as negotiating in bad faith. Winning cures any issues Eichel has. He's signed for 5 years so we don't have to do anything. Drury lowballing just means the rangers are out. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think the likelihood of reconciliation is about as close to zero as it can be.

People keep saying this.  No one outside of the Sabres org really knows.  And I don't even care about reconciliation.  I just hope for cooperation to advance both sides' interests:  The Sabres get an equitable return and Jack gets off the Sabres.  If Jack sabotages the team it will decrease the return which reduces his chances of getting traded.  It's that simple.  Suck it up, buttercup, and play hockey.  That's the only way to get what he wants.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Then let those teams pony up and pay.

The other factor, of course, is the injury itself.  If the reason KA is not getting adequate offers is uncertainty over Jack's health, holding off until mid-season may draw more suitors in, assuming that Jack is healthy and playing well.  The return is likely to be better in terms of active, high quality players because the other team will have to trade salary back to us to make their caps work.  Right now teams can be over the cap and will need to be under prior to start of season, so their cap adjustments won't necessarily come back to us.  If KA trades Jack during the season, it will include a return of real NHLers.

When do teams trade high quality players back as part of midseason/deadline deal type trades? And I thought part of the problem with the offers right now was that teams want to include bad contracts or higher priced contracts back in the deal to make the cap work but KA only wants Picks and high end prospects? If Adams was willing to accept 'real NHLers' back in the deals, It would have probably been done by now instead of during the season where they will have to deal with a disgruntled Jack in the lockerroom around they new young core.

14 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Politicians do all the time.  Those who refuse to play just lose. 

You've entirely missed my point.  I'm not saying it's not true, I'm saying the original statement was self-contradictory.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

First time gm Drury is a genius convincing teams across the country to low ball Buffalo so he can low ball Buffalo 

This thread is delusional. Drury comes off as negotiating in bad faith. Winning cures any issues Eichel has. He's signed for 5 years so we don't have to do anything. Drury lowballing just means the rangers are out. 

While I don’t agree on the “we don’t have to do anything” front the rest is spot on. Drury’s moves to this point have been questionable at best.

We aren’t required to move Jack but it’s teetering on ugly and because this team’s chances of winning before his NMC kicks in next offseason are slim to none it’s only going to get uglier. It’s time to move on. I don’t believe for a second they can’t find good value at some point in the coming weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Digger said:

I agree that's the next expected trade time frame.  Let's see.  The good thing is that there are not any great 1st line centers on the FA market but there is players to spend money on.

Yeah, I think the pressure will shift to the suitors for Jack who want to Win Now.  We can sit on him because we're rebuilding and have low expectations for this season; there's no urgency on KA.  The next window will be probably several weeks after the season starts, especially if a team loses a 1C piece due to injury.  Since the Sabres outlook is further off the future, KA needs to use that lack of urgency to his advantage.  He needs to be patient.  I'm glad this forum is not running this team lol

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

I think people have Jack wrong in some respects.  He's a Type A personality and you take the good with the bad with those people.  He's been incredibly driven his whole life going back 10+ years, but Type A's are demanding.  

Everyone's speculating about him being a bad egg in the locker room.  Maybe. Maybe not.   But the one thing many sports fans aren't seeing is that players of this generation have more say to the point of forcing a team's hand.  That's just reality and price of fielding a competitive team save for perhaps the current incarnation of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Jack wants to win and Buffalo has demonstrated they don't know what the heck they're doing there.  Anyone who works hard for a decade plus at their craft will grow frustrated with the support structure.  

10+ years?  You mean Jack has been in the NHL since he was 14???

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

When do teams trade high quality players back as part of midseason/deadline deal type trades?

When they need to free up cap space.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

When they need to free up cap space.

And how many times are they giving up something good and not a veteran on a bad contract that they throw in a better prospect or pick?

The Sabres dont appear to want to take back money/contracts in a deal. They want future picks/prospects, not salary dumps. This is what is being mentioned as the hold up in many deals that teams are wanting to include contracts back to make the money work now but KA won't take them.

• Like (+1) 1

My point is, I think the deadlines/urgencies of trading Jack are more on the acquiring team than on the Sabres at this point, and KA needs to use patience as a weapon to maximize return, as unpopular as that may be on fan forums.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

My point is, I think the deadlines/urgencies of trading Jack are more on the acquiring team than on the Sabres at this point, and KA needs to use patience as a weapon to maximize return, as unpopular as that may be on fan forums.

I'd say he is using patience because otherwise Eichel would have been traded Friday.

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Probably just  Noise but who knows.

I didn't know Jack eichel favorite team was the Montreal Canadians?  I always thought it was Boston

"Very big" 

No 1C prospect. Pass. 

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

That's all you want ? Or that's what you think the package would be .

For me it's starts with Caufield

Suzuki

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lol, he will not "demand all the minutes"

*Eichel puts his glove on Suzuki's shoulder for the 3rd time this period, again pushing past him to take his offensive zone start away.*

"Maybe next game, kid."

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Exactly, Drury comes off like his assets are the only one's out there.  ***** the Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Plenty of time. Downshift and breath a while. 

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

"Very big" 

No 1C prospect. Pass. 

Suzuki

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, if I am trading with Montreal I need Suzuki. 

To add to that... 

Suzuki, 2022 1st, Cam Hillis, Josh Brook and Drouin as the dump

Suzuki is your high end C

Cam Hillis is your middle 6 C or RW

Josh Brook is a RHD who is probably a 4/5 on a good team

2022 1st because duh

and Drouin gets you 5.5mil saved for a few years. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, kas23 said:

Suiting up is all we can ask of him at this point. He does have some legitimate concerns. But if my young team is clicking, I’d rather a semi-disgruntled Jack on my team than accept a dumb trade offer. With Jack, I’m sure winning will solve everything. But, he certainly doesn’t need to buy in until we do. 

IF Jack plays in a Sabres Jersey again (and that's a big IF IMO) it can't have a C on it.  I mean it just can't.  They also can't have a couple of As and no C so the only person who could take that job away from him is Kyle Okposo.  Kyle would have to reign in any "not buying in" attitude from Jack or it would get too ugly in the locker room.   

12 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

IF Jack plays in a Sabres Jersey again (and that's a big IF IMO) it can't have a C on it.  I mean it just can't.  They also can't have a couple of As and no C so the only person who could take that job away from him is Kyle Okposo.  Kyle would have to reign in any "not buying in" attitude from Jack or it would get too ugly in the locker room.   

Zero % chance that happens 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No surprise from the guy that backed out of a handshake deal with the Sabres on a new contract.