Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Thorny said:

Well Reinhart and Buchnevich are only a year apart.

So you don't think keeping Reinhart is on the table if we move Jack?

Sure it is, but I am not trading assets to keep Reinhart. That's the difference and it is a MAJOR difference. 

The idea would be the desire to keep a player of Reinhart's ability/age and being able to do so because Buchnevich for whatever reason would sign here (just go with it) and Reinhart would not. Ideally we'd keep Reino if he would sign, right?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Sure it is, but I am not trading assets to keep Reinhart. That's the difference and it is a MAJOR difference. 

I'm saying a Reinhart for Buchnevich deal 

Just now, Thorny said:

The idea would be the desire to keep a player of Reinhart's ability/age and being able to do so because Buchnevich for whatever reason would sign here (just go with it) and Reinhart would not. Ideally we'd keep Reino if he would sign, right?

I don't honestly care. This is like "what if x happened, and then we can do y, but only if C decided to do B." 

I don't care, but I am not trading Jack Eichel for a 26 year old. You wanna flip reinhart with Buch because you think he'll sign here, that's again treading water. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't honestly care. This is like "what if x happened, and then we can do y, but only if C decided to do B." 

I don't care, but I am not trading Jack Eichel for a 26 year old. You wanna flip reinhart with Buch because you think he'll sign here, that's again treading water. 

I'm not really following the line of convo anymore, sorry. Jack Eichel doesn't need to be brought into it - what I'm suggesting is that, we'd ideally like to keep Reinhart, right? And we don't necessarily need to trade Reinhart if we move Jack, right? In my scenario, we'd be able to swap Reino for a similar level player (hockey trade @Weave ) so we can keep the relevant talent level on our roster. 

If dealing Eichel means you want to be rid of the Reinhart level talent, as well, as you want to go all young, I understand the argument even if I disagree. 

I was merely asking what you thought of Reinhart v. Buchnevich in terms of talent analysis 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I'm not really following the line of convo anymore, sorry. Jack Eichel doesn't need to be brought into it - what I'm suggesting is that, we'd ideally like to keep Reinhart, right? And we don't necessarily need to trade Reinhart if we move Jack, right? In my scenario, we'd be able to swap Reino for a similar level player (hockey trade @Weave ) so we can keep the relevant talent level on our roster. 

If dealing Eichel means you want to be rid of the Reinhart level talent, as well, as you want to go all young, I understand the argument even if I disagree. 

I have no idea what you want anymore. You just want to trade things for things and other things. Idc if you trade Buch for Reinhart because it doesn't mean anything. It's like trading a coke for a pepsi. 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I was merely asking what you thought of Reinhart v. Buchnevich in terms of talent analysis 

My point was I am not trading Eichel for a package where Buchnevich is a major piece. It doesn't make any sense. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

How is Buchnevich a flip piece?

He's a 26 year old RFA averaging 63 points per 82 over the last two seasons. I believe that would be good for second on our roster, and 1st on our roster once Eichel is moved. 

He's not a central piece I'd be looking for.  I don't think he's an acceptable piece in any Eichel trade.  This team isn't going to solve answers in the short term.  I'd take Rossi+Boldy over any worthless offer the Rangers send out.  I don't consider for one semblance of a second believe we're a playoff team in the next three years.  You want to move Reinhart for Buchnevich, perhaps.  

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Adams wants to trade him today, of that I am sure.

The question is has he played his hand well enough that a worthwhile deal is on the table?

If he's after futures, I wonder if (and hope there isn't) there's a chance there's a self-imposed deadline? I wonder if he'd be inclined to take a lesser deal right now because if he doesn't, he'd have to either change his futures ask to next year's draft (which is tough as you don't know where teams will be picking) or change his opinion on futures/now players, which seems unlikely. 

I wonder at all if keeping Jack becomes an option

• Like (+1) 1

You definitely don't want to make a trade just for sake of making a trade.

Besides that you could always just wait and wait and wait and see if something gets better.

Of course the other side of it is, they have had days or weeks or even months to negotiate this. You might just want to pull the trigger on the best offer out there if you're going to make the trade, if you don't know what the best offer is by now, that might be the sign that you're not doing your job that well.