Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

So wait, what happened? I've been absent with summer events going on. Did I hear you right? Eichel gave an interview recently where he stated he wanted to go play for the Bruins? Is that correct?

Because if so, that is a dagger to any fan fare here in Buffalo. The Bruins are one of our mortal hockey nemesis, not only diviosanally, but league wide overall. The are akin to the dastardly Empire from Star Wars.

He was interviewed on a local Boston news channel and after talking about how he was a Bruins fan growing up as a kid the reporter fed him a very leading question "Being from the area would you someday like to see yourself in a Bruins uniform?"... or something like that.Ā  Of course he's going to say yes, it really didn't move the needle for me at all.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So wait, what happened? I've been absent with summer events going on. Did I hear you right? Eichel gave an interview recently where he stated he wanted to go play for the Bruins? Is that correct?

Because if so, that is a dagger to any fan fare here in Buffalo. The Bruins are one of our mortal hockey nemesis, not only diviosanally, but league wide overall. The are akin to the dastardly Empire from Star Wars.

Yes we all hate Boston. Ā No itā€™s not a surprise that during an interview with Boston media, he says he would love to play for the Bruins. Ā Itā€™s his hometown team.Ā 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He was interviewed on a local Boston news channel and after talking about how he was a Bruins fan growing up as a kid the reporter fed him a very leading question "Being from the area would you someday like to see yourself in a Bruins uniform?"... or something like that.Ā  Of course he's going to say yes, it really didn't move the needle for me at all.

As you suggest too many of the angry crowd are too willing to stoke themselves into a self-induced frenzy. An interview that wasĀ  simply a hometown puff piece has turned into act of disloyalty toĀ the team he plays for. Ā What's next? Because he has an irritating New England accent it is a sign that he hates Buffalo? The interpretations coming from that interview are silly.Ā Ā 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

It happened with BOGO also. And Hasek.Ā 

Okay. I don't recall much love for Bogosian when he left. As for Hasek the man put in his time and took us to the brink of a cup. We did the right thing to let him go to a winner.Ā Jack's situation is not analogous to Hasek.Ā 

This is the mindset that will paralyze this team going forward. Too much worry on how things will look instead of making moves to get better.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

People are making more of it that it is. But Jack should have realized how it could come off. Or maybe he did and he didn't give a f***.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

People are making more of it that it is. But Jack should have realized how it could come off. Or maybe he did and he didn't give a f***.

Especially if the team has already told him heā€™s not returning. Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

It happened with BOGO also. And Hasek.Ā 

They also traded hall, staal, and montour and none of them won anything.Ā  Bogo went to the best team in the league, and Hasek went to a loaded wings team that loaded up once they acquired him.Ā  Ā 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Of course...

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Yes we all hate Boston. Ā No itā€™s not a surprise that during an interview with Boston media, he says he would love to play for the Bruins. Ā Itā€™s his hometown team.Ā 

...you don't...

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

As you suggest too many of the angry crowd are too willing to stoke themselves into a self-induced frenzy. An interview that wasĀ  simply a hometown puff piece has turned into act of disloyalty toĀ the team he plays for. Ā What's next? Because he has an irritating New England accent it is a sign that he hates Buffalo? The interpretations coming from that interview are silly.Ā Ā 

....say that.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Especially if the team has already told him heā€™s not returning. Ā 

Then again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Take Minnesota out of the Eichel conversations with those Parise and Suter buyouts.

They would have to do some serious maneuvering in the coming years, but it should be noted that this opens up just over $10M for them next year.Ā  I'd argue it puts them deeper in the Eichel conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shootica said:

They would have to do some serious maneuvering in the coming years, but it should be noted that this opens up just over $10M for them next year.Ā  I'd argue it puts them deeper in the Eichel conversation.

That is an interesting number...for me I just don't see why you'd take those kind of hits and remove your best prospects/picks to pick up Jack. That just leaves you in no-mans land IMO

Iā€™m assuming Eichel gets traded before next season so whatever he says doesnā€™t mean much to me. Ā In fact I kind of hope he ramps it up. Ā Get the fans to really dislike him then when he comes to town we can see some emotion in a Sabres game.

Edited by SABRES 0311

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

We donā€™t know what question was asked because they only use his answer but agreed otherwise.

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That is an interesting number...for me I just don't see why you'd take those kind of hits and remove your best prospects/picks to pick up Jack. That just leaves you in no-mans land IMO

Because theirĀ only star player is demanding a massive upgrade at centre or he wonā€™t sign.

Edited by Flashsabre

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Because theirĀ only star player is demanding a massive upgrade at centre or he wonā€™t sign.

Even with Jack and Kaprizov they won't contend. Losing Rossi+ and with those buyout cap hits, they'd be screwed for the next few years at least.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Even with Jack and Kaprizov they won't contend. Losing Rossi+ and with those buyout cap hits, they'd be screwed for the next few years at least.

Yeah, it is not a guarantee they are all in on Jack but it does open the possibility. They have always been a weird organization and Guerin has a set on him so who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

Another thing to consider - if Jack gets traded before his NMC starts, the team he is traded to can chose to reject the NMC. This meaning he will have no protection for the reminder of his 5 year contract.

Means if the team tjay acquire him donā€™t like him, they can also trade him with no limits

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TrettioƄtta said:

Another thing to consider - if Jack gets traded before his NMC starts, the team he is traded to can chose to reject the NMC. This meaning he will have no protection for the reminder of his 5 year contract.

Means if the team tjay acquire him donā€™t like him, they can also trade him with no limits

Link?Ā  I don't think this is correct.

57 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We donā€™t know what question was asked because they only use his answer but agreed otherwise.

That whole interview looked chopped to pieces and edited to kind of fit a narrative forĀ the Boston fans.Ā  The whole part in question looks like it was pieced together from 5+Ā years of interviews with Jack at home in Boston.Ā  I have a feeling that answer about playing in Boston was recorded much earlier in his career, maybe even before he was drafted.Ā  He maybe referring to his BC days, as I don't hear him actually say 'Bruins',Ā but maybe I missed that.Ā  I am not going to listen to it again.

DASTARDLY!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
... I will never type very goodly atoll ...