Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm now leaning heavily to the Jack will not be traded position. First, other teams concern about healtn issues. Second, Adams can't afford to make a bad trade and doesn't need to.

I'm not sure how likely it is that you're right, but KA clearly doesn't *have* to trade Jack at this juncture.  I worry what the team will look like if both Jack and Sam are traded.  Reino holds a better hand though:  He can choose to leave after this season and the Sabres wouldn't want to let him go and not get a good return.  So barring a multi-year contract with Reino, it's only a matter of time until he's gone.

Jack, on the other hand, has two beefs with the team which may or may not be reconcilable:  the treatment of his injury and the perennial losing record for as long as he's been here.  If the rest heals him to the point that he can play pain-free then maybe the first issue goes away.  And if KA/DG and crew really are the answer to putting a winning team on the ice, he will no longer have that beef. 

There are risks either way:  Jack could go full toxic and/or publicly demand a trade; or KA could make a trade and get a crappy return.  But really I think keeping him for at least the start of the season is starting to make more sense, especially if the injury is healing on its own.  I read he's skating again.  If he's ready to go at the start of the season (or say, anytime in October), then maybe rest, and not surgery, was the right path.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd keep Eichel at this point, if I can't get top dollar from a WC team then just keep him.

Under no circumstances can we trade him to Drury's Rangers for a hodgepodge of supposed "good" assets.

When you hear a name like Chytil I want to  throw up .

It starts and ends with Lafreniere or eat *****

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

And the two yo-yo's on WGR have spent almost the entire first half hour talking about that vile team that plays in the World's Most Overrated Arena. And now one of them says get PK Subban and I can literally feel brain cells dying listening to this.

Pk subban has to be on this team !! 

It's what we need .

Lol

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

This guy does seem to at least be claiming scoops lately...he's the guy I was posting re: the order the deals may go down

21 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I really wanted Anaheim’s 3rd overall pick. Minnesota and NYR don’t have the draft capital to swing a deal, IMO

This is why the deal could drag out into the summer - we aren't relying on either for a high pick.

A Rangers deal will look like ROR more less. I think I'd like to see it be Minnesota at this point, hope Adams can be talked into Rossi by Karmanos and Co, and hope we get lucky on the Rossi injury front. Looks like the only way we can get that top-level asset back is by taking a chance that asset amounts to not only not that, but much less overall. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

This guy does seem to at least be claiming scoops lately...he's the guy I was posting re: the order the deals may go down

Yeah ever since you did I've been following him. He seems to know his stuff in this WGR interview, and he has the receipts to back up his claims thus far. He claims to have worked for two NHL organizations, and he's anonymous since his sources prefer that.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I really wanted Anaheim’s 3rd overall pick. Minnesota and NYR don’t have the draft capital to swing a deal, IMO

Minnesota has Rossi and pick 22 which IMPO is enough to swing a deal depending on what else gets added. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Minnesota has Rossi and pick 22 which IMPO is enough to swing a deal depending on what else gets added. 

No one seems to talk about Rossi on the level of your Zegras, Byfield, Lafreniere..not even the NBD guy laying down the rumors. In your opinion is the health prognosis still a big concern? So much of what I remember about Rossi's stats heading into the draft illustrated the idea he was right in that top tier. If you add Boldy to the mix..I wonder what KA is waiting for if that's on the table: the Rangres aren't going to beat it.