Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Attached is a 12 min link from WGR  with Dennis Bernstein who covers the Kings talking about a Jack Eichel trade. Interesting commentary. 

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy

This guy sounds very confident the Kings are still in play, and should be. Byfield he believes should/is on the table.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This guy sounds very confident the Kings are still in play, and should be. Byfield he believes should/is on the table.

The one point he made about Byfield is that he is still really young. He's a talent but may be a couple years away from being a contributing player. I would be ecstatic to get him with the realization that there won't be a quick output. 

Just now, JohnC said:

The one point he made about Byfield is that he is still really young. He's a talent but may be a couple years away from being a contributing player. I would be ecstatic to get him with the realization that there won't be a quick output. 

Yup. Dennis seems to be of the opinion that the Kings can/should be in win now mode, and Byfield isn't the answer to that while Jack is.

51 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

My fiancé had to go to NYC for about 20 hours recently and almost got killed and/or robbed like 3 separate times, and wasn't even in that bad of an area. F*ck that hellscape

Covid has really changed NYC. There are still the same number of crazy homeless people, but the ratio to normal people has tilted way in their favor. It seems like they’ve gotten more aggressive, too, most likely because they’ve had the run of the place for over a year.

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yup. Dennis seems to be of the opinion that the Kings can/should be in win now mode, and Byfield isn't the answer to that while Jack is.

My hope is that with either the Jack or Reinhart trade the Sabres come away with a potential #1C. Even if it would take a player such as Byfield or Zegras some time to achieve that status at least the potential is there to fill that role. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Covid has really changed NYC. There are still the same number of crazy homeless people, but the ratio to normal people has tilted way in their favor. It seems like they’ve gotten more aggressive, too, most likely because they’ve had the run of the place for over a year.

Idk if that's covid or not IMO

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Idk if that's covid or not IMO

Covid exacerbated the city's fall from what it once was (didn't really want to use the word grace haha), but root causes surely stem from far before, such that you and i will never know what things used to be like in places that were once the pinnacle of civilization 

“A real good source told me that as much as they love Jack Eichel and the idea of having him in their lineup, they’ve got Kane, they’ve got Toews, they’ve got DeBrincat, who’s not that far away from needing a new contract," Dreger said. "As we’ve learned from the Toronto Maple Leafs, you can’t have four forwards making that kind of money. So, even though there’s been speculation around the interest that the Blackhawks have in Eichel, and I know Chicago has talked to Eichel, they’re more interested in a Seth Jones or Dougie Hamilton. An elite-level defenseman.”

The Anaheim Ducks have also been connected to Eichel, though they’re in the midst of a rebuilding process. For that reason, Dreger says Anaheim is balking at Buffalo’s asking price — possibly along with other clubs.

“I don’t think Anaheim’s interest is as high as has been reported or speculated,” he said. “But the ask might have to come down for more clubs to truly engage.”

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/dreger-sabres-may-have-to-lower-asking-price-for-jack-eichel-for-more-clubs-to-truly-engage

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

“A real good source told me that as much as they love Jack Eichel and the idea of having him in their lineup, they’ve got Kane, they’ve got Toews, they’ve got DeBrincat, who’s not that far away from needing a new contract," Dreger said. "As we’ve learned from the Toronto Maple Leafs, you can’t have four forwards making that kind of money. So, even though there’s been speculation around the interest that the Blackhawks have in Eichel, and I know Chicago has talked to Eichel, they’re more interested in a Seth Jones or Dougie Hamilton. An elite-level defenseman.”

The Anaheim Ducks have also been connected to Eichel, though they’re in the midst of a rebuilding process. For that reason, Dreger says Anaheim is balking at Buffalo’s asking price — possibly along with other clubs.

“I don’t think Anaheim’s interest is as high as has been reported or speculated,” he said. “But the ask might have to come down for more clubs to truly engage.”

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/dreger-sabres-may-have-to-lower-asking-price-for-jack-eichel-for-more-clubs-to-truly-engage

Then Jack remains a Buffalo Sabre.  He doesn't want to play?  Too bad he has 5 more seasons left on his contract.  He can bitch and moan all he wants.  The Sabres have all of the leverage here.

The only way they trade him under these conditions is if they truly see a high probability he will never recover from this injury. 

• Like (+1) 5

I’m fine with seeing what Granato can do with Eichel. I would strip him of his Captaincy though. He lost that at his end of year presser. I still would tell him, if he still wants to go, then a trade will be done before his NMC kicks in. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

My fiancé had to go to NYC for about 20 hours recently and almost got killed and/or robbed like 3 separate times, and wasn't even in that bad of an area. F*ck that hellscape

Being formerly born and raised in the NYC area I remember how much of a hellhole NYC was in the early 80's, it got much better but when being back recently it feels like the City is declining. I hope NYC can get back to what makes it great.

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Just imagine what Dreger would say of Eichel was a member of a team in Canada.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I’m fine with seeing what Granato can do with Eichel. I would strip him of his Captaincy though. He lost that at his end of year presser. I still would tell him, if he still wants to go, then a trade will be done before his NMC kicks in. 

That's the wisest thing to do unless we really get true value for Jack. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fantasy … Eichel will be stripped of his captaincy and still remain a Buffalo Sabre.

Reality … Eichel will be traded before his NMC kicks in. Or, Eichel will remain a Sabre and be the captain for the foreseeable future. In No way shape or form is Eichel being stripped of the captaincy and remain a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

We lived in NYC (The Upper West Side) from 2004-2012. I absolutely loved it! Was in the music biz and had a shop in Chelsea. I would walk to work most of the time (3 1/2 miles). We loved to walk through the various neighborhoods on weekends to shop and discover. 

I still have many friends that live in the city and the burroughs and they tell me the horror stories of how bad it has become not only since COVID but with the latest mayor.

No thanks.

Katz's Deli will have to wait 😉

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Every single word you just said is true. A month or so bàck I was at a Red Bulls game and decided to go down to Red Bank with a friend for an FC Monmouth match. If I didn't I would've taken NJT right back to the city and went into Times Square to get something to eat on the train home. Why that's important: I would've been there at the exact moment when a maniac shot up the place.

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

Every single word you just said is true. A month or so bàck I was at a Red Bulls game and decided to go down to Red Bank with a friend for an FC Monmouth match. If I didn't I would've taken NJT right back to the city and went into Times Square to get something to eat on the train home. Why that's important: I would've been there at the exact moment when a maniac shot up the place.

A colleague of mine was robbed at gun point 5th Avenue 3 weeks ago. He had 37 bucks on him. That was it. Then, the very next night, he was robbed again coming out of a restaurant in the area. The urban environments in certain places in this country are a cesspool. I wouldn't bother with them.

I felt Safer in Moscow, Kampala, Bangkok, Mexico City, than I do in NYC... That city is truly a melting pot of trash. But it's our trash 😂

As for Jack, I'm completely expecting to be very underwhelmed by any return; it would be nice to know if Jack really really wants out as bad as his season presser may indicate. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:04 AM, WildCard said:

At least 1/3 of people suck, and cities hold the most people. Not surprising.

I think that's high. IMO, the distribution is closer to 10% (15%?), on either end of the spectrum -- those who suck and those who are aces. Most of us fall somewhere in that middle ground.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think that's high. IMO, the distribution is closer to 10% (15%?), on either end of the spectrum -- those who suck and those who are aces. Most of us fall somewhere in that middle ground.

I think it's low tbh 

On 6/30/2021 at 9:24 AM, WildCard said:

lol fair enough, probably for the best.

Your recent posts encourage me. Don't quit. Do the math. Get them spreadsheets out. This is SabreSpace! You are smart! You can show 'em the light!

22 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Covid exacerbated the city's fall from what it once was (didn't really want to use the word grace haha), but root causes surely stem from far before, such that you and i will never know what things used to be like in places that were once the pinnacle of civilization 

Ruff beat me to it.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I felt Safer in Moscow, Kampala, Bangkok, Mexico City, than I do in NYC... That city is truly a melting pot of trash. But it's our trash 😂

As for Jack, I'm completely expecting to be very underwhelmed by any return; it would be nice to know if Jack really really wants out as bad as his season presser may indicate. 

My wife is from New York City, she was there to visit family recently and said it's worse than when she lived there.

On the other hand we just took a trip to Boston. It was great. The newer seaport district neighborhood felt safe at all hours of the day and night, it was amazingly clean and pretty vibrant.

38 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The planet would be an amazing place if it was only 10% 

I think you misunderestimate the power that every ~10th person being an absolute ***** heel can have. Bills' games are always a paradigm, of sorts, for me on this topic. In the midst of 70,000 people, 7,000 as.sholes can do a LOT of damage. A lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think you misunderestimate the power that every ~10th person being an absolute ***** heel can have. Bills' games are always a paradigm, of sorts, for me on this topic. In the midst of 70,000 people, 7,000 as.sholes can do a LOT of damage. A lot. 

I guess when you put it that way, it makes a bit more sense. Between military and medicine, sadly I am much much more pessimistic regarding the world than I would like to be.