Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

I have always got the impression that Eichel has been a cancer.  From Gionta and Gorges saying the young guys won’t take any advice to his demeanour and body language to the team never playing above their level under his leadership. I think Adams has figured out what he is all about and wants to cut bait and rebuild with high character, skilled players that will come together as a team.

I’m not throwing all the Sabres problems at Jack’s feet but I think he has had a big hand in a team that was more divided then cohesive.

I have no problem if they trade him BUT they have to get value.

• Like (+1) 1

Friedman's appearance made it sound like they are at the staredown phase.

Parameters set, homework being checked, Adams trying to get offers sweetened, other GMs deciding whether or not to blink.

I wonder if there is a suitable offer on the table yet?

31 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I have always got the impression that Eichel has been a cancer.  From Gionta and Gorges saying the young guys won’t take any advice to his demeanour and body language to the team never playing above their level under his leadership. I think Adams has figured out what he is all about and wants to cut bait and rebuild with high character, skilled players that will come together as a team.

I’m not throwing all the Sabres problems at Jack’s feet but I think he has had a big hand in a team that was more divided then cohesive.

There were only a small handful of us back then that were concerned that these were red flags.  I don’t know if the concerns were actually legit, but I def wouldn’t be surprised if it came out they were.

Adams seems to be done with Jack.  There is obviously something there that has his dander up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

There were only a small handful of us back then that were concerned that these were red flags.  I don’t know if the concerns were actually legit, but I def wouldn’t be surprised if it came out they were.

Adams seems to be done with Jack.  There is obviously something there that has his dander up.

My personal sources have alluded to him liking to drink, not to an alcoholic level mind you, but he's very fond of drinking.

It certainly has always lingered about Eichel not being a great leader. Though if anything, I wonder why his off-ice persona with the media went from civilized captain for one year to being right back to miserable grumpy Jack we got again this year. I can understand being pissed off Botts didn't go after something at the deadline to help them last year but to regress the way he did is unusual.

15 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

My personal sources have alluded to him liking to drink, not to an alcoholic level mind you, but he's very fond of drinking.

It certainly has always lingered about Eichel not being a great leader. Though if anything, I wonder why his off-ice persona with the media went from civilized captain for one year to being right back to miserable grumpy Jack we got again this year. I can understand being pissed off Botts didn't go after something at the deadline to help them last year but to regress the way he did is unusual.

I don’t give a rats ass about drinking/partying to be honest.  Plenty of stars that are known partiers win big.  The disrespect reported on towards the true pros that were brought in though was a big concern to me.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Of course they don't. So embarrassing 

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

I can't wait until his first visit back to Buffalo. I am confident that it will be the most amount of boos an opposing player has ever heard. In this case, I think he deserves every single one of them...good riddance.

Follow the path of the Islanders and become more of a team after the golden child is gone.

lol really? Boo him because Kevyn Ayydamns wanted to ditch him?

When Jack Eichel is traded, we will see a lot of Sabres fans look to slander Eichel. I for one will not be one to do that. Bottom line: Even if Jack is pissed at KA about the neck surgery and the Sabres were a playoff team this year and were a relatively successful franchise since Eichel arrived in 2015: None of these threads exist.

Jack wanting out IMO has almost everything to go with the break-taking incompetence of this franchise starting with the Pegulas all the way down. Throwing shade on Jack won't change that.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Yep, the guy who came up with the massive list of people needing to be fired on special assignment from TP has identified another cancer. Right. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

When Jack Eichel is traded, we will see a lot of Sabres fans look to slander Eichel. I for one will not be one to do that. Bottom line: Even if Jack is pissed at KA about the neck surgery and the Sabres were a playoff team this year and were a relatively successful franchise since Eichel arrived in 2015: None of these threads exist.

Jack wanting out IMO has almost everything to go with the break-taking incompetence of this franchise starting with the Pegulas all the way down. Throwing shade on Jack won't change that.

The majority speak as if they legitimately dislike the guy at this point - even in spite of all the generally admitted ineptitude by those in charge and the clear weaknesses of the roster over years, it's Jack's burden to bear in perception, for better or worse 

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t give a rats ass about drinking/partying to be honest.  Plenty of stars that are known partiers win big.  The disrespect reported on towards the true pros that were brought in though was a big concern to me.

Shat , Mogilny had a smoke after every period.

Eichel and Reno gone, what you got left?

oh I know, zero STH

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The majority speak as if they legitimately dislike the guy at this point - even in spite of all the generally admitted ineptitude by those in charge and the clear weaknesses of the roster over years, it's Jack's burden to bear in perception, for better or worse 

In part yes, what will change the perception is: If the sabres deal Jack for 3 good pieces and the Sabres draft well and those pieces that come back really succeed: and if Jack goes to his new team and they have marginal success, then the shade thrown on jack will increase. And that will take years to assess.

59 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Never heard of hockey players liking to drink. Getting rid of Eichel and Reinhart will be bad moves

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2

Some of us have been saying that Eichel is gone for a while! 

I tell you right now: this comes from Terry Pegula.  He is the type of fan who thinks the Sabres' problems are somehow related to Jack Eichel or Sam Reinhart, despite those being, by far, the 2 best players on the team.

I repeat: as long as Pegula is our owner, the team will be complete trash.

Remember the "Rock bottom" thread?  It's about to get a lot lower around here! 

It always finds a way to reach new depths!  It would be hilarious if it wasn't f-ing tragic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

The fact that they've so ham-handedly tried to spin the narrative that it's Jack wanting out is what really grinds my gears. 

I agree.

At the end of the day,. I would love to see Jack 100 percent healthy, re-energized and play his entire career in Buffalo.

I don't care how the FO spins it, they just better know they better nail this trade otherwise they risk losing even more of the great Buffalo fans they have for good.

49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Friedman's appearance made it sound like they are at the staredown phase.

Parameters set, homework being checked, Adams trying to get offers sweetened, other GMs deciding whether or not to blink.

I wonder if there is a suitable offer on the table yet?

Look at teams with desperate GMs, namely Anaheim and Calgary. 

With Anaheim I do not believe The Sabres will get both Zegras and 3rd Overall for Eichel, although they really should. 
I do wonder if Ryan Johnson looks at the Sabres LHD Depth Chart, especially with Power as a strong possibility at First Overall and decides to stay in school and go the College UFA Route. This could make Him a trade piece to Anaheim and perhaps increase the return. 

Tkatchuk scares me, since His QF is high and He is one year from UFA. 
Lindholm, Zary or Pelletier plus this years First and a 2022 Second starts the convo

• Like (+1) 4