Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

55 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t know John Hoven, apparent Mayor of the LA Kings, of some LA Kings podcast and of the Website Mayor’s Manor.  Is this guy actually connected?

If the Kings were interested in Jack, do we really think we're going to hear the Mayor of the LA Kings come out and announce it?  You guys put way too much into tweets.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Could also be Kings FO using him as negotiating ploy like most GMs use Dreger. The article is useless, it doesn’t even say they want Jones. Says long term RHD is set, they need a LHD and two forwards.

He lays out a case for acquiring Jones by stating He and Dougherty on the Top Two Pairings that could be on the Ice for 45 minutes a game, I believe that’s a similar argument that some posters are using to draft Power. 

In terms of needing a LHD, Rasmus Dahlin fits the criteria and I’m sure Blake has asked about Him.  I wouldn’t move him, but the potential return would be interesting, Byfield would be a must 

If Reinhart doesn’t want to sign a long term deal in Buffalo, 8th overall and Turcotte is a nice start. 

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I don’t know John Hoven, apparent Mayor of the LA Kings, of some LA Kings podcast and of the Website Mayor’s Manor.  Is this guy actually connected?

Many consider him the most-connected Kings insider.

I would suggest the source is from inside the Kings head office and the point is to remind the Sabres that the Kings have other paths they could take if Buffalo keeps pushing for Byfield.

Which also suggests to me that talks between the Kings and the Sabres must be fairly far along.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He lays out a case for acquiring Jones by stating He and Dougherty on the Top Two Pairings that could be on the Ice for 45 minutes a game, I believe that’s a similar argument that some posters are using to draft Power. 

In terms of needing a LHD, Rasmus Dahlin fits the criteria and I’m sure Blake has asked about Him.  I wouldn’t move him, but the potential return would be interesting, Byfield would be a must 

If Reinhart doesn’t want to sign a long term deal in Buffalo, 8th overall and Turcotte is a nice start. 

I'm as big of fan of Reinhart as there is here. However, if Reinhart doesn't sign a long term deal (as you noted) I would be satisfied with a trade that included the 8th pick and Turcotte for Reinhart. And I would also consider trading that 8th pick for a young player who could contribute right away. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Guess if his neck gets cleared that might change things but Byfield is clearly off the table. 

Im sure the return for Jack is a moving target.

If you can get Anaheim to give you a good package (includes Zegras), remind Blake that he probably doesn't want to have to face Jack on his main Rivals for the next 10 years. now maybe Byfield becomes available.   I would think the Ryan Johnson's rights may be on the table as well.

Do the Kings have the pieces for Eichel and Power?

It might not be straight across, but Byfield for Power has to be pretty close in value.

Could Adams trade Eichel elsewhere for a package lacking a centre, then flip 1OA and Power and an add to the Kings for Byfield?

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Do the Kings have the pieces for Eichel and Power?

It might not be straight across, but Byfield for Power has to be pretty close in value.

Could Adams trade Eichel elsewhere for a package lacking a centre, then flip 1OA and Power and an add to the Kings for Byfield?

Power and Reinhart to LA for Byfield and Kempe, e5

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm as big of fan of Reinhart as there is here. However, if Reinhart doesn't sign a long term deal (as you noted) I would be satisfied with a trade that included the 8th pick and Turcotte for Reinhart. And I would also consider trading that 8th pick for a young player who could contribute right away. 

8th and Turcotte is too much for Reinhart. We'd need to add.

12 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Im sure the return for Jack is a moving target.

If you can get Anaheim to give you a good package (includes Zegras), remind Blake that he probably doesn't want to have to face Jack on his main Rivals for the next 10 years. now maybe Byfield becomes available.   I would think the Ryan Johnson's rights may be on the table as well.

The thought of something based around Eichel and Johnson for Zegras, Lindholm (or Manson) plus has crossed my mind.

Or Eichel and Johnson for Drysdale and 3OA plus has as well. Pick Beniers and Eklund and spend Jack's $10 million on supporting them.

Sick as I am of kicking the can down the road, this would be U23 core to drool over.

Eklund Cozens Quinn

??? Beniers Peterka

Asplund Mittelstadt Thompson

Dahlin Joker

Samuelsson Drysdale

Luukkonen

Everyone in that top 5 plays full-out hockey.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

^Sweet

Now how do we get a 1C?

I think you'd have 3 pretty damn good 2Cs, with your top 2 able to match up with any one.

Or you can switch Zegras in for Drysdale, adjust sweeteners accordingly.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I think you'd have 3 pretty damn good 2Cs, with your top 2 able to match up with any one.

Or you can switch Zegras in for Drysdale, adjust sweeteners accordingly.

It's just, I'd much rather have Eichel than Beniers, and Power/Drysdale is close to a wash, no? Worry about the extra winger with a Risto trade.

The lineup where we keep Jack is so much stronger

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's just, I'd much rather have Eichel than Beniers, and Power/Drysdale is close to a wash, no? Worry about the extra winger with a Risto trade.

The lineup where we keep Jack is so much stronger

Probably, but Drysdale is an RD. The extra winger is Olofsson or even R2 for now, plus we've got two 2nds, Sam and Jack's $10 million factoring in.

To your 2nd point, yes but does anyone still think that's going to happen?

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Probably, but Drysdale is an RD. The extra winger is Olofsson or even R2 for now, plus we've got two 2nds, Sam and Jack's $10 million factoring in.

To your 2nd point, yes but does anyone still think that's going to happen?

My lineup had Sam in it/his value, too

To the bold, no, but it's tough for me to drool over what I perceive as a downgrade, is all I'm saying

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Tank

*ducks*

I'm worried that this could end up being part of the plan. Not a tank, but the idea of being in the "sweepstakes" (barf) for Wright and/or Bedard. Even just a, "well, and you know, if we do take a step back, it would put us in good position for.." *shudder*

Edited by Thorny

58 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I would suggest the source is from inside the Kings head office and the point is to remind the Sabres that the Kings have other paths they could take if Buffalo keeps pushing for Byfield.

Which also suggests to me that talks between the Kings and the Sabres must be fairly far along.

I like your take.  Could very well be the case.

43 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm worried that this could end up being part of the plan. Not a tank, but the idea of being in the "sweepstakes" (barf) for Wright and/or Bedard. Even just a, "well, and you know, if we do take a step back, it would put us in good position for.." *shudder*

Wouldn't surprise me. We'll know real soon if Eichel/Reinhart are traded, especially for future picks.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

They need to get byfield or move on

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

8th and Turcotte is too much for Reinhart. We'd need to add.

The thought of something based around Eichel and Johnson for Zegras, Lindholm (or Manson) plus has crossed my mind.

Or Eichel and Johnson for Drysdale and 3OA plus has as well. Pick Beniers and Eklund and spend Jack's $10 million on supporting them.

Sick as I am of kicking the can down the road, this would be U23 core to drool over.

Eklund Cozens Quinn

??? Beniers Peterka

Asplund Mittelstadt Thompson

Dahlin Joker

Samuelsson Drysdale

Luukkonen

Everyone in that top 5 plays full-out hockey.

Looking at some of your projected proposals, even if there is some variation, what becomes apparent if our young GM handles the market smartly is that he can come out of this Jack and Reinhart drama with a core of young players that in the near future should make this not only competitive team but also an entertaining team. Where I slightly disagree with your take is that I would want Byfield included in a Jack trade and I would use our first pick on Power instead of Beniers. In general I like your assemblage of players. For what is considered a nondescript franchise this is going to be an exciting offseason for the local fans and also the NHL fans in general.