Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

The more I look around the league the more I think Anaheim is the team we should be linking up with here. There's no way you can get Zegras AND Drysdale (if you could, I'd do it one for two).

I think you have to get Zegras here and then third overall. There's got to be another piece here. If it's Gibson I want them taking Okposo back (even if we retain a small amount). Max Comtois? Josh Manson? I'm willing to add one of our other moveable pieces like Risto, Olofsson or other picks here.

I want Zegras for obvious reasons but I'd also love to get third overall because getting Power and Beniers and running would be a fantastic way to capitalize on an otherwise weak draft.

• Like (+1) 1

^ The Kings, Wild, and Rangers "possible trade packages" are pretty poor looking, the Anaheim return looks solid but isn't to my personal liking, I'd probably take the Calgary deal first if those are the only options, Tkachuk was the best player listed in the article's included deals. 

A common theme throughout the article is that we aren't going to get the pieces from these teams that we'd want, with the exception of the Ducks and Flames deals

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

^ The Kings, Wild, and Rangers "possible trade packages" are pretty poor looking, the Anaheim return looks solid but isn't to my personal liking, I'd probably take the Calgary deal first if those are the only options, Tkachuk was the best player listed in the article's included deals. 

A common theme throughout the article is that we aren't going to get the pieces from these teams that we'd want, with the exception of the Ducks and Flames deals

Then you don't trade Eichel. 

If I am the Sabres I make it very clear that this isn't a find middle ground situation. The other team either makes it worth us trading Eichel or you simply don't trade him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Then you don't trade Eichel. 

If I am the Sabres I make it very clear that this isn't a find middle ground situation. The other team either makes it worth us trading Eichel or you simply don't trade him. 

I agree, I hope you know I agree with this as every time I say the return isn't going to be that good you follow it up with this post - I do agree

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Outside shot at an Eichel deal tomorrow if it's an off-day between the 2nd and 3rd rounds for the playoffs, just gonna put that out there 

Curious why do you think that increases the chances? I know you're not saying it's likely or anything.

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Outside shot at an Eichel deal tomorrow if it's an off-day between the 2nd and 3rd rounds for the playoffs, just gonna put that out there 

I'd be surprised if it's before draft.

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Curious why do you think that increases the chances? I know you're not saying it's likely or anything.

Just a feeling and a whim that's it's close if this Granato rumour is true. Coaching pick is revelatory for me in terms of their direction, though it was probably already obvious. NHL hates random other team news on playoff game days, taking a shot at them announcing it on the off day, maybe something dudacek said about things w/ the kings seeming a little further along than maybe thought.

I don't think he gets moved tomorrow but wanted to get out in front of it so as to be able to claim flawless victory should it transpire 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

What if the best return for Eichel comes with the condition that the Sabres the retain some salary.  
Maximum of 1.5 to 2 Million per year. 
Do you make the deal? 

Yes if the deal is worth it.  For instance if Anaheim offers Zegras, Comtois, Henrique and 2022 lottery protected 1st or Zegras, Comtois, Henrique and #3 OA if we retain $2 million then I do it. Trading Jack means rebuild which means not near the cap for 3 or 4 years anyways so it won’t kill you.

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

What if the best return for Eichel comes with the condition that the Sabres the retain some salary.  
Maximum of 1.5 to 2 Million per year. 
Do you make the deal? 

Yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't wait until his first visit back to Buffalo. I am confident that it will be the most amount of boos an opposing player has ever heard. In this case, I think he deserves every single one of them...good riddance.

Follow the path of the Islanders and become more of a team after the golden child is gone.

• Like (+1) 3