Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Definitely the most important two months we've had in a long, long time. Maybe ever.

Agree.  It’s going to be pretty wild.  New coach.  #1 Pick.  Possibility of 3 top players being moved.

Drama galore.

Hold on tight and try to stay calm everyone.

8 hours ago, Curt said:

Agree.  It’s going to be pretty wild.  New coach.  #1 Pick.  Possibility of 3 top players being moved.

Drama galore.

The irony or is it a paradox??? that for many years Buffalo has been a nondescript and irrelevant franchise in the league that the hockey world ignores. This offseason the organization is going to be the most observed and commented on during the offseason.  

Every young talent that they trade for will stand at the podium with Adams beside them with a cattle prod as they nervously blurt out, “I really want to be a Buffalo Sabre, I really want to be here. Process.” Terry slowly nods from the back of the room.😜

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Gotta say those kinda posts from Dreger have a history of turning into a big heap of nothing.

I think today’s tweet is a heaping pile of nothing but is also likely a means of responding to Sabres fans who do nothing but respond to his tweets asking for news.

Paul Hamilton on wgr floated what I would call the worse case scenario trade although he seemed to think it was a grand idea (it is atrocious)

Eichel for Jones, Merzlinkins, and 5th overall 

that's it. So 24 year old Jack Eichel for 26 year old jones, 27 year old Merzlinkins and a 5th overall pick. You want to look at the poster child for how to screw your team in trades, this is it. It makes the ROR trade look like a home run win for Buffalo in comparison. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Paul Hamilton on wgr floated what I would call the worse case scenario trade although he seemed to think it was a grand idea (it is atrocious)

that's it. So 24 year old Jack Eichel for 26 year old jones, 27 year old Merzlinkins and a 5th overall pick. You want to look at the poster child for how to screw your team in trades, this is it. It makes the ROR trade look like a home run win for Buffalo in comparison. 

It only makes sense if you think that Jones is great, a borderline Norris candidate, (I don’t) and he agrees to an extension.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yeah that's pretty terrible... replace Eichel with Reinhart and Risto, and now you're talking.... but I doubt CBJ moves on that.

Edited by pi2000

1 hour ago, Curt said:

It only makes sense if you think that Jones is great, a borderline Norris candidate, (I don’t) and he agrees to an extension.

Agreed with everyone: yuck and yuck. But what a steal by CBJ!

If I'm CBJ GM, this is exactly where I start the talks. We've balanced out the contracts and given up 5OA for injured Eichel. I can be convinced to maybe add a piece, but why offer (from my perspective) it to start?

It's on GM Sheevyn to do the bartering and the hard work. 1) Jones has to agree to a reasonable extension, 2) Either the trade takes place after the expansion draft OR Sheevyn moves Ristolainen at the exact same moment so as to not deal from an overstocked position, 3) Is Elvis the 1A or 1B to the next few seasons and how do I manage the goaltending situation, and most importantly 4) no deal without another 1st AND prospect. Who is CLB's prize? Foudy? meh. Chinakhov? I know nothing of their pipeline. Edit: Marchenko, after reading a little bit more.

Edited by DarthEbriate

On 6/7/2021 at 6:05 AM, Curt said:

Drama galore.

How I’m going to react.  Replace Roxbury with playoffs.

Edited by SABRES 0311

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

It’s not a bad return. Jones is a top pairing D. Elvis can solidify the net and you get pretty good piece at 5. Jones is 1 year from UFA, that is the biggest issue.

The problem is what is the grand plan here? Those guys kind of keep your team status quo and if you are moving Reinhart and Risto, what is coming back for them.

If you are moving Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, you have the bite the bullet and rebuild. Bring in as many good young pieces and picks as you can. You can’t half and half it and have success.

I would much rather an Eichel return like LA: Byfield, #8,+, Minn:Boldy, Rossi,+ or Chicago: Dach, Reichel,#10.

Reset your young core and build around that. Add young pieces for Reinhart and Risto and have a lot to build around.

The fans are fed up with how things are going, the arena will be empty regardless. Might as well bite the bullet and try to build it right.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If I were you, I would prepare to see something just like this from whatever team he goes to. A #1 center will never come back in the return so at best, they will get a good #2 C, a top winger and a 3rd piece that everyone is really going to hate.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

There’s a reason nobody should listen to Hamilton

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

It’s not a bad return. Jones is a top pairing D. Elvis can solidify the net and you get pretty good piece at 5. Jones is 1 year from UFA, that is the biggest issue.

The problem is what is the grand plan here? Those guys kind of keep your team status quo and if you are moving Reinhart and Risto, what is coming back for them.

If you are moving Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, you have the bite the bullet and rebuild. Bring in as many good young pieces and picks as you can. You can’t half and half it and have success.

I would much rather an Eichel return like LA: Byfield, #8,+, Minn:Boldy, Rossi,+ or Chicago: Dach, Reichel,#10.

Reset your young core and build around that. Add young pieces for Reinhart and Risto and have a lot to build around.

The fans are fed up with how things are going, the arena will be empty regardless. Might as well bite the bullet and try to build it right.

Seth Jones is not a top pairing defenseman on a good team. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd be ok with that trade.  Do I think anything the Sabres would be getting in return would be as good as Eichel at his best?  Of course not....but I also think (and HOPE that I am wrong) that the offers for Eichel are going to be a lot less than what people on here want.  He isn't expensive for his talent level, but he's not cheap. He may be damaged goods.  It looks like he wants out of buffalo, I'm just not holding my breath for a trade much better than this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Spoiler Alert: We are not a good team.😀 I wouldn’t like that trade for Buffalo for a number of reasons. I was just stating that it wasn’t a terrible return, just not right for what the Sabres should be doing if they move Jack.

43 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Something must have happened to this guy. He was inside or just outside the top 10 D in the league according to most fans I read or interacted with not that long ago

The charts. The charts say he’s bad.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I would love for you to explain why without using charts.

I am fairly confident NHL GMs do not agree with you.

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Something must have happened to this guy. He was inside or just outside the top 10 D in the league according to most fans I read or interacted with not that long ago

I remember Jones being the next big thing when he was traded to CBJ. Wild to read he's basically Risto at this point.