Is today the lowest point in Is today the lowest point in SabreSpace history? history?

PASabreFan

I'd say the low point was the New Jersey game, and not seeing Krueger get fired. Things are marginally higher... at least for now, since Krueger was let go.

That said, if things really hit the skids under Granato, we could yet sink lower. The hope of him pushing the team in practice, and dressing the players that deserve to be in the lineup is a minor boost vs last week.

7 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Can you explain the screenshot? I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's what greeted me today. I threw up a little in my mouth, got up, saw a shitstain on my office chair, stoved my toe, tried shaking it off and kicked my 18-year-old cat accidentally, and my cat mustered up the last of its energy to attack my bare legs (it's 53, so I'm wearing shorts, this being the first day of spring), and I can only imagine I'll get cat scratch fever, and when I tried to call Woody, I got a message saying the number was blocked.

Edited by PASabreFan
Start of mental fog associated with CSF
  • Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's what greeted me today. I threw up a little in my mouth, got up, saw a shitstain on my office chair, stoved my toe, tried shaking it off and kicked my 18-year-old cat accidentally, and my cat mustered up the last of its energy to attack my bare legs (it's 53, so I'm wearing shorts, this being the first day of spring), and I can only imagine I'll get cat scratch fever, and when I tried to call Woody, I got a message saying the number was blocked.

Sounds like the cat has more push back than most of the players on the roster, sign it up. 

I know what you mean though, there's no upside right now. The only discussion/argument is on how much of the roster to get rid of and we're already talking draft. Sad, just sad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Oh. Now I get it 

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I still don’t get it. Maybe I should be glad I don’t. 😂

so to answer the question  ... no, no today is not the lowest point in SS history. I guess.

Between Black Sunday, The Tank, Ville Leino, the ROR trade, and multiple GM/coaching changes, there’s been a lot of dark days. It’s hard to pinpoint which has been the lowest. 

For me, it’s a never ending nightmare, and debating which point has been the lowest, is the lowest point. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Between Black Sunday, The Tank, Ville Leino, the ROR trade, and multiple GM/coaching changes, there’s been a lot of dark days. It’s hard to pinpoint which has been the lowest. 

I think here and now feels like the lowest because of covid. Hockey is a good stay at home entertainment option and thus it's a huge letdown to have a season over so soon. 

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think here and now feels like the lowest because of covid. Hockey is a good stay at home entertainment option and thus it's a huge letdown to have a season over so soon. 

That’s a good point. 

Except most seasons start in October and are over for the Sabres by the end of December. This one started in January and it’s over in March. The usual 3 months. Maybe slightly accelerated. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

For me, it’s a never ending nightmare, and debating which point has been the lowest, is the lowest point. 

July 1st, 2007, when Briere and Drury both left.

• Like (+1) 1

Everytime i think we're reached the lowest point, we end up going even lower.

I thought the bankruptcy & team almost moving was the lowest point. The tank years were the lowest point. Last year was the lowest point. Last month. These past 2 weeks.

I just hope this lowest point today is really the lowest point & the only place we can go next is up.

I'm mad as hell & can't take it anymore

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It's the lowest point for me.  We're the worst team in the league.  We have one of the best players in the league, who's mentally weak and making huge money. We got lucky with Dahlin and he sucks.  We have nothing significant in the pipeline.  We're coachless with amateurs making that decision.   We have Sam's free agency looming and if he goes we're worse, if we sign him, well we're who we are with him and another huge contract.  No cap space and no goalie.

Other than that there's reason for hope.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.