Eichel Out For The Foreseeable Future

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Zero chance I'm feeling "hope" the day we lose Eichel and Reinhart. 

Grudging acceptance and the continued desire to see it through? Yes.  No chance, for me, that the franchise deserves or warrants any kind of hope at this time, should that day come 

Zero chance that I feel “hope” with the group that’s currently in place.  They need to change something big.

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Who are these “quotes” from???

Also, these quotes don’t say anything.

-Eichel just wants to get back playing and all the trade speculation is just people speculating?  No kidding!

-Eichel doesn’t want to be hurt and missing games?  No way!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

Who are these “quotes” from???

Also, these quotes don’t say anything.

-Eichel just wants to get back playing and all the trade speculation is just people speculating?  No kidding!

-Eichel doesn’t want to be hurt and missing games?  No way!

I believe they are coming from John’s Source, maybe Eichel’s Agent?

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’d be happier if they were tanking instead of actually trying to win games.  😀

Perhaps...but part of me wonders if they were tanking, then somehow Ralph keeps his job (because he is achieving their strategy).  If they're actually trying to win....then all the more reason to fire RK....which is what I want to see happen.

Edited by Carmel Corn

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Perhaps...but part of me wonders if they were tanking, then somehow Ralph keeps his job (because this is a strategy).  If they're actually trying to win....then all the more reason to fire RK....which is what I want to see happen.

It’s not a question.  They aren’t tanking.  Tanking is trying to make the team worst in the league on purpose.  They aren’t doing that.

These injuries probably mean that he wasn't mailing it in this season when he was playing. 

He still might want/demand a trade, but at least he wasn't trying to force his way out by dogging it like PLD did in Columbus.

Still:  what a train wreck of a season, innit?

• Like (+1) 7

Saying Eichel can come back for the playoffs will keep teams interested in offering up trades for him.

He's as good as gone and I think we need to just accept it.

He doesn't have to "want" out.  I think they are going to deal him anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

The dude was a freaking mess health wise this season. He also had a shoulder injury from weightlifting and reported ankle injury. I NEVER thought he was dogging it and mailing it in as some have suggested. Questioning someone's heart and captaincy from the sofa is down right pathetic.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Questioning someone's heart and captaincy from the sofa is down right pathetic.

What were fans supposed to think? The Sabres and the NHL have to play this secrecy game in regards to injuries, and if the Sabres wanted to roll him out night after night while hurt, and act like he is healthy, then the criticism is fair game.

...and only EIchel knows how much of his poor play is because of injury, and how much is because he has "checked out/trying to get traded/mental".

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

The dude was a freaking mess health wise this season. He also had a shoulder injury from weightlifting and reported ankle injury. I NEVER thought he was dogging it and mailing it in as some have suggested. Questioning someone's heart and captaincy from the sofa is down right pathetic.

People questioning his heart and leadership began long before he was a captain.  Last season was the first season where he played engaged almost at all times.  I don't think it's that pathetic to wonder why he might be disenfranchised with this team and what it has done.

Another point to consider, there's a point past which making an attempt to play is not in the best interest of the team.  Clearly Eichel was at that point and had been hovering around it for the season. There's a certain level of arrogance that says, even at 50% I am better than the next guy the team has. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I feel like the team has not done Eichel a favor by trying to be so secretive about Jack's injuries.  Compare this to how transparent the Auston Matthew's situation is with his wrist and hand problems.  Keeping secrets from the fans causes unfortunate assumptions to take form and create a more toxic environment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

I feel like the team has not done Eichel a favor by trying to be so secretive about Jack's injuries.  Compare this to how transparent the Auston Matthew's situation is with his wrist and hand problems.  Keeping secrets from the fans causes unfortunate assumptions to take form and create a more toxic environment.

I didn't have an opinion on this, but now I do.  You're absolutely right.

Players are getting trashed by fans and news outlets alike for diminished performance because it's unknown that players are playing all sorts of ***** up.

Meanwhile the NHL gets the benefit of not having to publicly disclose how many injuries and concussions occur.

When it comes to picking a stance to negotiate, the NHLPA is in a tight spot too: protect the players' medical privacy or protect the players from the fans by leveraging public disclosure?

From a fan perspective, the right move is full public disclosure, but this is a right that the player would have to collectively waive.

• Like (+1) 2

You guys want to assume the worst about Jack's mental makeup. Your perogative, I choose not to, because I don't know. 

I also feel very safe saying, when RK is finally gone and replaced adequately, we will look back and truly see how much negative impact this pathetic coaching staff had on the star players.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 2

In the official documentation which the NHL has released to hockey historians, the quasi-official cut-off for the points percentage of an all-time awful team is 0.250, or 28 points this year.  We have a realistic shot at it.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Shoulder Injury from weight lifting and a Crack Rib, that explains why Eichel is a shell of himself this season 

It obviously wasn't a secret around the league.  Mentioned on the Rangers' broadcast a few games ago.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.