Eichel Out For The Foreseeable Future

Brawndo

I know NHL injuries have to be treated like they are part of a secret society, but I'd feel much better about the future of Eichel as a Sabre, if they fessed up that he has been playing through an injury the entire year, it's not getting better, and we are shutting him down for the season.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

He’s probably been playing injured the whole time.  Shut him down at this point. 

He has been. 

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I know NHL injuries have to be treated like they are part of a secret society, but I'd feel much better about the future of Eichel as a Sabre, if they fessed up that he has been playing through an injury the entire year, it's not getting better, and we are shutting him down for the season.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Yeah - I don't really understand it either.  Football they have to disclose why a player misses a practice, or wears a non-contact jersey.  If a team hides an injury they can get fined.  

In hockey its this great mystery, and even when they are hurt they just say upper or lower body.  

Players in all sports play hurt, in hockey they just feel the need to hide it across the board.

For those who missed it, Eichel was in a puck battle along the wall behind the Isles' net. Clutterbuck easily wedged Eichel off the puck and pinned him to the boards. Jack got into an awkward position where his head almost got stuck to the glass before finally popping up. He grabbed the back of his neck and skated to the bench. The ease with which Eichel was knocked off the puck might be evidence of his other injury (if it wasn't his neck all along). Jack's a strong boy.

• Thanks (+1) 4

It's been so obvious that he's been playing injured. My only guess for them not showing their cards is to maybe not encourage other teams to really lay into him to get him off his game, however, any reasonable scouting staff for other teams would certainly pick up on...so...?

I hope this doesn't give Ralph more rope by giving him this excuse. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

For those who missed it, Eichel was in a puck battle along the wall behind the Isles' net. Clutterbuck easily wedged Eichel off the puck and pinned him to the boards. Jack got into an awkward position where his head almost got stuck to the glass before finally popping up. He grabbed the back of his neck and skated to the bench. The ease with which Eichel was knocked off the puck might be evidence of his other injury (if it wasn't his neck all along). Jack's a strong boy.

As usual, Brawndo has it:

Pure speculation, but given that jack is a gym freak, and knowing what his body looks like (and what he could clean when he was just 16 years old), I wonder if his gym routine is actually deteriorating him. The first two ankle sprains were flukes, but little stuff here and there since then seems to be increasing at an alarming rate 

Dude's been lifting big for a long time 

• Like (+1) 1

Frankly, this is comforting. He has just not been himself. Heal up, Jack.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pure speculation, but given that jack is a gym freak, and knowing what his body looks like (and what he could clean when he was just 16 years old), I wonder if his gym routine is actually deteriorating him. The first two ankle sprains were flukes, but little stuff here and there since then seems to be increasing at an alarming rate 

I'm on board with the idea that he may need to cut back on power lifting and improve his flexibility.

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Doubt it.  

He got hurt in the last game.  Third period.  Slammed into the boards and hurt his neck.  They showed him several times wincing in pain on the bench but he played through it.   This injury could be connected to something chronic that has slowed him down this season. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Doubt it.  

He got hurt in the last game.  Third period.  Slammed into the boards and hurt his neck.  They showed him several times wincing in pain on the bench but he played through it.  

But what are his 3 other mystery injuries that people have whispered about, and why did he have lingering injury issues no one would say anything about each of the last couple years? 

We know that his injury to start training camp was from "training"

43 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Wonder if they just discovered a serious injury they've been allowing him to play on

42 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

He’s probably been playing injured the whole time.  Shut him down at this point. 

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I suspect (hope?) they've finally convinced him that it is better off for everyone involved if he stays away until he's himself again.

Probably fed up with everyone questioning his poor season.  Can’t blame him really.  Rivet called it yesterday on the Instigators. If you are injured, don’t play.   You are hurting the team.  They need to call up R2 and put him in the top 6.  As if anything could help these guys at this point. 

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.