Eichel Out For The Foreseeable Future

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Does the mere mention of quarantine bode well? Or wishful thinking on my part

What typically happens when a player is out for the year? do they go home, or do they stick around with the team, travel to games, rehab, still go to meetings etc.?

If they just go home it could be good news. If the latter, then Jack would probably be back quarantining no matter what the diagnosis is 

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Wishful thinking.

My guess he is shut down for the season and has surgery of some type, soon.

Of course, that may be wrong and his second opinion said he just needs some rest.

But how often does the story end happy for Sabres fans?

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I believe the quarantine is a function of the league's COVID protocols (?). Jack's going to Colorado for a matter not connected to team travel, so he's going to have to quarantine when he returns. At least, that's what I think is going on.

34 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Does anyone expect Eichel to play again this season? 

I do not.

• Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think he's done for the season. 

He's almost certainly getting a second opinion b/c his primary physician is telling him surgery is necessary.

Assuming the second opinion is similar, he will probably get the surgery done ASAP and miss the rest of the season.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't play out that way.

• Like (+1) 1

If it's neck, was the injury aggravated by his head getting jammed into the glass, or was that the original injury? Also, what in the name of God was the trainer trying to do when Jack winced and snapped at him. It's like that move some people do to crack their neck — or kill a man who threatened to expose your secret, I warned you, Chris, but no, you went sniffing around where you didn't belong.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.