Eichel Out For The Foreseeable Future

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I’m pretty sure that’s only if he is rejoining the team and he’s tested positive for Covid or part of a ‘contact’.

guess I’m wrong never mind 

The only thing more confusing than the Quarantine Guidelines is what’s constitutes an illegal hit by the Dept of Player Safey 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Does wawrow have it wrong?

I saw him this week Tweeting a mea culpa regarding Matt Milano’s signing. I couldn’t tell if that was sincere or a joke (or a bit of both).

It wasn't a joke in the least. I take being accurate very seriously and being wrong on Milano hurt.

jw

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Shoulder Injury from weight lifting and a Crack Rib, that explains why Eichel is a shell of himself this season 

Is the shoulder injury something that was confirmed? I can't remember

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

These injuries probably mean that he wasn't mailing it in this season when he was playing. 

He still might want/demand a trade, but at least he wasn't trying to force his way out by dogging it like PLD did in Columbus.

Still:  what a train wreck of a season, innit?

Should put a bit of a cool on all the "Eichel doesn't have heart" and "Eichel has clearly given up" posts. Regardless of if he should have been allowed to, Jack trying to gut it out through all that does show leadership. 

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

What were fans supposed to think? The Sabres and the NHL have to play this secrecy game in regards to injuries, and if the Sabres wanted to roll him out night after night while hurt, and act like he is healthy, then the criticism is fair game.

...and only EIchel knows how much of his poor play is because of injury, and how much is because he has "checked out/trying to get traded/mental".

This is why it was so dumb for Ralph to explicitly state Jack was not hurt when he was. 

5 hours ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

You guys want to assume the worst about Jack's mental makeup. Your perogative, I choose not to, because I don't know. 

I also feel very safe saying, when RK is finally gone and replaced adequately, we will look back and truly see how much negative impact this pathetic coaching staff had on the star players.

Good stuff. 

• Like (+1) 2

I see a lot of the armchair psychoanalysis we got in 2018 being applied in a similar fashion on this board to Jack, regarding character/effort/wanting to play here etc. 

Just as unsubstantiated

You'd think being burned so badly the first time would have turned people off from that sort of thing.

I'm not talking about criticisms of his play, his leadership abilities, or his time here, but a specific kind of post

It's ugly stuff

I appreciate Jack for all he's given us and I don't blame him for not being enough, I don't think any single player in the world could have turned this clownshow operation functional. Maybe another player could get us a squeak into the playoffs once or twice in this span, but nothing more. We are broken 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I see a lot of the armchair psychoanalysis we got in 2018 being applied in a similar fashion on this board to Jack, regarding character/effort/wanting to play here etc. 

Just as unsubstantiated

You'd think being burned so badly the first time would have turned people off from that sort of thing.

I'm not talking about criticisms of his play, his leadership abilities, or his time here, but a specific kind of post

It's ugly stuff

I appreciate Jack for all he's given us and I don't blame him for not being enough, I don't think any single player in the world could have turned this clownshow operation functional. Maybe another player could get us a squeak into the playoffs once or twice in this span, but nothing more. We are broken 

It's why I keep saying the (sports-relative, to be clear) tragedy of losing JE is the loss of the Eichel we didn't even get to see - the Eichel surrounded by a competent team. A starkly different entity, I am sure. 

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's why I keep saying the (sports-relative, to be clear) tragedy of losing JE is the loss of the Eichel we didn't even get to see - the Eichel surrounded by a competent team. A starkly different entity, I am sure. 

Eichel on the Bruins, or Caps, or Lightning, would be a very dangerous player. 

So I guess we can forget Jack going 4-7-11 to win the Conn Smythe while playing with a groin pull or something. The stuff of NHL legend.

Someone will have to explain what injury accounts for coasting to the bench, floating on the backcheck and starting idle chit chat with a buddy after the whistle.

14 hours ago, john wawrow said:

It wasn't a joke in the least. I take being accurate very seriously and being wrong on Milano hurt.

jw

Appreciate that. You know how it is with Twitter. I dew-dropped in, and had no context. I’m stunned they re-signed Milano, for a few reasons.

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just as unsubstantiated

It's ugly stuff

We can see just what the Sabres are without him.  They weren’t even good when he was playing hurt.   Imagine wanting to run him out of town? 
the kid tried to gut it out.   
glad we are on the same page Randall 👍

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do I have this right? Jack injured himself lifting, shooting a puck in training camp and on a routine puck battle along the boards behind the net?

He’s definitely a player who’s shown himself to be unlikely to play full seasons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.