2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Fun game.

My thoughts on NFL officiating and NFL announcers remains unchanged.

God bless'em.

I think I'm kinda glad we lost.

I didn't have an issue with officiating. They got most of it right tonight. Correct spot on Josh's hurdle too. He was short. Titans won that game. It was the best Bills game I've seen in 15 years.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't have an issue with officiating. They got most of it right tonight. Correct spot on Josh's hurdle too. He was short. Titans won that game. It was the best Bills game I've seen in 15 years.

So Poyer wasn't hogtied on Henry's first TD?!

k

They call it it when it fits their narrative.

And Brian Grese is a turd.

It appears Frazier/McDermott/Beane (some combination of the three) are trying hard to limit the usage of Rousseau and Epenesa. Both have flashed star-level talent in a game or two this season, but their usage remains low overall. Epenesa was the star of the preseason and the first few weeks ... and was a healthy scratch last night.

I get there's a gameplan element to it, but I thought Rousseau was making plays last night ... yet he had the lowest usage of any of the regular rotational DEs. He had at least two, maybe three plays where he tackled Henry by himself or at least stopped him long enough for others to finish off. Addison, meanwhile, made two nice plays last night BUT also had a couple really bad missed tackles that I don't think Rousseau misses. I think it's time for those training wheels to come off.

6 hours ago, sodbuster said:

Left way too many points in the red zone too early in the game. You let them stay close enough for Henry to be a factor, and he was. Big time.

I think this is substantially it.

Credit to the Titans D - they came to play. And that allowed Henry to rumble. What a beast. And he did a lot of that after one of his key linemen got carted off (hope he’s ok).

If the Bills run that final play 10 times, I think they make it 8 times. Bad execution, some bad luck.

Squish the Phish!

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think this is substantially it.

Credit to the Titans D - they came to play. And that allowed Henry to rumble. What a beast. And he did a lot of that after one of his key linemen got carted off (hope he’s ok).

If the Bills run that final play 10 times, I think they make it 8 times. Bad execution, some bad luck.

Squish the Phish

I don’t think Tennessee’s defense came to play. At all. Josh picked them apart. He just missed a few WIDE OPEN plays (meaning plays the defense blew) that likely would’ve finished the game. The only thing they did was handle a run game that’s never been great and isn’t needed to win games (as we saw during the winning streak last year).

Haven't read before this.

Fascinating situation.

I believe it was a feel decision more than a statistical decision. The way TN drove down the field, perhaps McD figured his chances in OT were less, although maybe only modestly less, than converting on fourth down (and scoring) or converting and scoring. I liked the decision. The play call? Not so much? The stats guys can break down your chance of getting fourth and one with the QB behind center and everyone locked and loaded vs. the QB being in the shotgun and the defense more spread out.

Gutsy. I like McD a little more because of it.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

DAMN!!

The Bills are fine and will be finer.  The way they lost hurts, but they played tough on the road against a pretty darn good team.  Monday night makes a difference too.

Good teams learn from these games.  We shall see how the Bills do, but I have no fear.

Alas, 4-2 is 4-2.

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

It was also won at so many other points in the game,… but they were called back.

I don't know whose hill is bigger or sadder, but we're both dying on it!

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think Tennessee’s defense came to play. At all. Josh picked them apart. He just missed a few WIDE OPEN plays (meaning plays the defense blew) that likely would’ve finished the game. The only thing they did was handle a run game that’s never been great and isn’t needed to win games (as we saw during the winning streak last year).

Their secondary was not good, but they played the run well, prevented Josh from scrambling, and put a lot of pressure on Josh. 

Edited by sabresparaavida

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Allen got numbers and the Bills scored 30, but …

18 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Their secondary was not good, but they played the run well, prevented Josh from scrambling, and put a lot of pressure on Josh. 

They did enough, as indicated above, and punched above their weight class (based on prior performances). Moreover, they made big plays when they were needed - none bigger than that last play at their own goal line.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Alas, 4-2 is 4-2.

I don't know whose hill is bigger or sadder, but we're both dying on it!

It would be sad if I got upset over it. Now I just laugh at its consistency.

It was a good game. I’m not sure how much better the Titans D was. I mean, it was a game we chose to not tie up, Josh slipped. We lost.

There must have been something going on with the turf. We also saw two Titans go down with non contact injuries from it.

Very disappointing ending.  I thought they had the game won…or at least tied and going to OT.  That being said, a friend texted me this morning saying “they were not going to finish 16-1”. 

I was in Nashville in 2019 for the Bills win, and I feel for the fans who had a GREAT weekend which ended on a real downer.  

44 minutes ago, freester said:

Jeffrey Simmons is a monster. He is one of the best DT in the league. He threw Dawkins to the ground like he was a rag doll. Running Josh right at Simmons was a big mistake. I think the sneak would have worked if they had gone away from Simmons. 

I saw one of the film-break-down Twitter accounts post content (images) indicating that it looked very much like the thing was intended to go right. That said, my feeling is that if Allen goes left and doesn't slip, he gets a 1st.

JA had a good game overall. But the elephant in the room has to be some underthrows on the long passes..(one of which was likely intentional).

And he didnt have the tight spiral as much as usual either.

Still the the Bills are the better team. But unless the team incl the coaches get a bit smarter I just dont see a SB win here.

Seems like 12-5 or 13-4 with lots of blowouts along the way. But how do we do vs the power teams that can sustain drives and keep our O off the field?

TENN BALT equal to the Bills come playoff time..plus the potential shootout vs KC.

Then if the Bills get through that its TB or GB..;who will dink and dunk us and wont make many mistakes.

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Bills are still soft. They've played two punch you in the mouth teams and lost to both of them.

From an outsider you guys aren't soft the refs had a huge part in this guy. 

The derrick henry TD should have never counted but yet they took away your kick off return TD .

Makes zero sense 

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

From an outsider you guys aren't soft the refs had a huge part in this guy. 

The derrick henry TD should have never counted but yet they took away your kick off return TD .

Makes zero sense 

It makes perfect sense.

The best part is witnessing just how masterful the NFL is at controlling the message. Try and find a replay of the angle that shows it blatantly. All you can find is the main camera and the end zone cam behind the Titans, where the hold is obscured in both. It’s pretty brilliant.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.