2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Watson has never really been in danger of never playing again. He was always going to be back at some point. Unless more allegations come out that put it beyond what is already known. What he’s done is predatory and wrong but falls well short of the many things other players have been penalized less for. I’d guess he’s back before the end of the season.

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

Watson has never really been in danger of never playing again. He was always going to be back at some point. Unless more allegations come out that put it beyond what is already known. What he’s done is predatory and wrong but falls well short of the many things other players have been penalized less for. I’d guess he’s back before the end of the season.

Looking back at the substance of the allegations, I tend to agree with what you're saying. (I'm not condoning that that's how it is - I'm just agreeing that's how it is.)

Food for thought: Star NFL players get more latitude than star comics. What Watson is alleged to have done is worse than what Louis CK did (and ironically similar in terms of the many victims involved). Louie got canceled, and now works with a much lower profile and performs only for his ride-or-dies.

Leaving aside the civil lawsuits, is Watson not accused of rape by multiple women?  And are there not 10 criminal complaints?

If he gets convicted on multiple rape counts, he's going to prison for a real amount of time -- enough so that his career probably is over.

The problem, of course, is evidence.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Leaving aside the civil lawsuits, is Watson not accused of rape by multiple women?  And are there not 10 criminal complaints?

If he gets convicted on multiple rape counts, he's going to prison for a real amount of time -- enough so that his career probably is over.

I'm not sure. I probably need to look at a better overview of what's alleged. I read one summary of the civil lawsuits, and I didn't infer that acts constituting rape were being alleged.

46 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm not sure. I probably need to look at a better overview of what's alleged. I read one summary of the civil lawsuits, and I didn't infer that acts constituting rape were being alleged.

There's a lot going on with those lawsuits that makes me wonder.  Especially his offer to settle as long as there was NO confidentiality.  How often have you had clients who wanted that?  Pretty rare in my experience.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I do not believe there have been any rape allegations. From my recollection of allegations so far the worst account is that Watson coerced one woman to perform oral sex which is certainly horrible but the use of the term coerced vs forced seems to be an important distinction. Another woman says he hit her hand with his penis intentionally. Beyond that the allegations mostly seem to be that he was creepy and has a fetish - asking massage therapists to focus on his inner thighs and butt which I’m still kind of battling whether or not is even an issue.

Trying to be sensitive to these alleged victims but most of these allegations seem to be women who heard he was being sued, remembered him being creepy and joined in. People should not treat their massage therapists like this but in every massage I’ve ever had I’ve had my inner thighs and butt massaged without me asking.

Edited by Hoss

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

There's a lot going on with those lawsuits that makes me wonder.  Especially his offer to settle as long as there was NO confidentiality.  How often have you had clients who wanted that?  Pretty rare in my experience.

Is that true? Wow. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

in every massage I’ve ever had I’ve had my inner thighs and butt massaged without me asking.

Go On Reaction GIF

Going back to that game on Monday, Josh still needs to learn to take what they give you.  Especially when he faces a "shell" coverage scheme.  A lot was open underneath multiple time in the game.  You could see guys waving.  Not every play needs to be a 30 yard gain.  Brady became the goat by simple diagnosing and taking what was given.  Often times 5 yards at a time. Josh is a superstar for sure, but that is one flaw he still has imo. 

14 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Going back to that game on Monday, Josh still needs to learn to take what they give you.  Especially when he faces a "shell" coverage scheme.  A lot was open underneath multiple time in the game.  You could see guys waving.  Not every play needs to be a 30 yard gain.  Brady became the goat by simple diagnosing and taking what was given.  Often times 5 yards at a time. Josh is a superstar for sure, but that is one flaw he still has imo. 

The second-to-last drive might be what cost them the game and it was entirely on Josh. He had multiple first downs wide open but just chucked it into tight coverage deep hoping to end the game. He needs to learn a long, effective drive also ends the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Ian Rapoport says the expectation is Watson WILL be traded by November 2nd (the deadline) and he mentioned Miami, Carolina, Philly, Denver “and others” as being involved. The most notable part is he says the expectation Watson would play for his new team this season because he will not be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Ian Rapoport says the expectation is Watson WILL be traded by November 2nd (the deadline) and he mentioned Miami, Carolina, Philly, Denver “and others” as being involved. The most notable part is he says the expectation Watson would play for his new team this season because he will not be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list.

Yeah ok thats not happening the NFL  Would make very bad headlines everywhere 

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah ok thats not happening the NFL  Would make very bad headlines everywhere 

I think Ian Rapoport knows more than you.

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can't believe Rodgers is having a ***** hard time vs the worst  Defense in the NFL

He’s 19 for 23 with 168 yards and 2 touchdowns.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So the titans are for real and the chiefs are pretenders eh..... Kinda makes me feel bad about the bills making a super bowl run. 

At the end of the day they were the better team last Monday and came up inches short of winning that game. The Bills are contenders but they’re not alone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.