2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

40 minutes ago, Hoss said:

At the end of the day they were the better team last Monday and came up inches short of winning that game. The Bills are contenders but they’re not alone.

Yes they were the better team, I think we can win next time against them. But it exposed our D something fierce. 

There is a good number of teams at the top. The Bills got a lot of love at number one in Power rankings before the Titans game, but there are actually 5-7 teams you could argue are better (Bucs, Cardinals, Packers, Titans, Rams, Ravens have a good argument then teams like the Cowboys, Bengals and Chargers could all enter the conversation). They’re probably somewhere between the fourth and sixth best team.

I feel very good about this Bills team but it’s never easy to get to the top. Lucky for them only one of those NFC teams will ever matter and then they only have to be two or three of the AFC teams. 

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Is Tyrod Taylor gonna lose his job again to another rookie QB?

No. Mills has been terrible.

21 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There is a good number of teams at the top. The Bills got a lot of love at number one in Power rankings before the Titans game, but there are actually 5-7 teams you could argue are better (Bucs, Cardinals, Packers, Titans, Rams, Ravens have a good argument then teams like the Cowboys, Bengals and Chargers could all enter the conversation). They’re probably somewhere between the fourth and sixth best team.

I feel very good about this Bills team but it’s never easy to get to the top. Lucky for them only one of those NFC teams will ever matter and then they only have to be two or three of the AFC teams. 

No. Mills has been terrible.

He sucked against the Bills. He's been ok against everyone else and is getting better still. 

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

He sucked against the Bills. He's been ok against everyone else and is getting better still. 

I’d look again. He’s been terrible in all but two starts. One good start against New England and one mediocre start against Carolina. 

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’d look again. He’s been terrible in all but two starts. One good start against New England and one mediocre start against Carolina. 

For being thrown in, hes held up ok.

I didn't say he's starring every Sunday just that he's getting better at the job with every opportunity. 

He's got size, arm strength and athleticism to mold. 

TT is what he is. He's had multiple chances and I think this is gonna follow his pattern unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

For being thrown in, hes held up ok.

I didn't say he's starring every Sunday just that he's getting better at the job with every opportunity. 

He's got size, arm strength and athleticism to mold. 

TT is what he is. He's had multiple chances and I think this is gonna follow his pattern unfortunately. 

Prior to being hurt Tyrod was 31-for-44 for 416 yards, 3 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD and 0 turnovers. He was also 1-0 and was tied 14-14 against the Browns when he got hurt.

56 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Prior to being hurt Tyrod was 31-for-44 for 416 yards, 3 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD and 0 turnovers. He was also 1-0 and was tied 14-14 against the Browns when he got hurt.

Yeah he was out to a good start and it's not his fault he got hurt but ultimately this kid is going to take his job. This year or next. 

8 hours ago, Norcal said:

Yeah he was out to a good start and it's not his fault he got hurt but ultimately this kid is going to take his job. This year or next. 

He was obviously just a stopgap starter for Houston but it won’t be Mills. The Texans are going to draft their next starter.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Old school coach who has a long relationship with Tyrod gives Tyrod a vote of confidence.

Starting QBs don't usually lose their jobs to injury but yet Tyrod seems to find a way. 

Tyrod might come back and play a few games but it doesn't change the fact that the kid will take his job eventually. 

My original post did not claim that Tyrod would never play again, just that he will lose the job again to another rookie.

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Old school coach who has a long relationship with Tyrod gives Tyrod a vote of confidence.

Starting QBs don't usually lose their jobs to injury but yet Tyrod seems to find a way. 

Tyrod might come back and play a few games but it doesn't change the fact that the kid will take his job eventually. 

My original post did not claim that Tyrod would never play again, just that he will lose the job again to another rookie.

Yeah maybe if they draft corral.

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Starting QBs (and other players) have lost their jobs to injury pretty consistently in the past. That’s just old coach speak that very rarely, if ever, holds true.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:58 PM, Hoss said:

Fun fact: the Bengals are the current one seed

Burrow is the real deal and its been apparent since his first snap in the league. He reads defenses like he’s already been in the league for a long time. The AFC north will be a battle of attrition I think.  

On 10/25/2021 at 3:41 PM, Hoss said:

Starting QBs (and other players) have lost their jobs to injury pretty consistently in the past. That’s just old coach speak that very rarely, if ever, holds true.

Yep. Just ask Drew Bledsoe. Talk about getting Wally Pipped! 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Burrow is the real deal and its been apparent since his first snap in the league. He reads defenses like he’s already been in the league for a long time. The AFC north will be a battle of attrition I think.  

Yep. Just ask Drew Bledsoe. Talk about getting Wally Pipped! 

Brees didn't lose his job.  He was even franchise tagged by the Chargers in 2005, and then chose to sign with the Saints in 2006.

Edit. Lol, I'm blind and read Bledsoe as Brees.  Ignore this! 😛

Edited by JujuFish
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.