2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

And they were a 1/2 yard away from being up a game on Baltimore as well.  (Or they were putting any pressure at all on Jackson on 4th & 19 away from being a game up on the Crows.)

And they were a 1/2 yard away from being up a game on Baltimore as well.  (Or they were putting any pressure at all on Jackson on 4th & 19 away from being a game up on the Crows.)

And they missed a delay of game the play before the kick.  But still, I kind of like the fact that the GOAT (IMO) kicker now has the record for longest FG.

9 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

And they missed a delay of game the play before the kick.  But still, I kind of like the fact that the GOAT (IMO) kicker now has the record for longest FG.

Hadn't seen that until about 20 minutes ago.  Have a suspicion that if the Crows were pushed back the 5 yards, Jackson would've found a way to connect on that next pass to get the 5 yards back.

Tucker did earn that record.  

(But durn it, that kick ruined a nearly perfect Bills day.  And on a day we got to watch the Sabres kind of play hockey, too.)

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

Or if the refs had called the really bad delay of game just before the kick when the Ravens were driving (it was at least two seconds late, no "snap was imminent" stuff there).

• Like (+1) 1

What I thought was interesting was the Defensive play calling. The Bills only sent 4 after Heinicke for most of the game, coming off a week in which they sent 5 after Tua/Brisset nearly every play and beat the crap out of the Dolphins QB's. Heinicke barely got dirty and didn't get a hand laid on him for the whole game. The Bills front four did push the pocket enough and made Heinicke try to make quick decisions, with the exception of a few plays, it worked. I'm curious to see what the Defensive plan for blitzing is against Mills next week and especially the following week against Mahomes. 

Thankfully Allen shook off the rust and the OL looked good against a very solid DL that has multiple 1st round picks. Great football day!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

What I thought was interesting was the Defensive play calling. The Bills only sent 4 after Heinicke for most of the game, coming off a week in which they sent 5 after Tua/Brisset nearly every play and beat the crap out of the Dolphins QB's. Heinicke barely got dirty and didn't get a hand laid on him for the whole game. The Bills front four did push the pocket enough and made Heinicke try to make quick decisions, with the exception of a few plays, it worked. I'm curious to see what the Defensive plan for blitzing is against Mills next week and especially the following week against Mahomes. 

Thankfully Allen shook off the rust and the OL looked good against a very solid DL that has multiple 1st round picks. Great football day!

Well, Heinicke has a true noodle arm & has his game awareness pushed hard by the talking heads.  Frazier & crew realized that forcing him to throw to the perimeter was better than letting him have a hot read within his range to try to beat a blitz.

Both the D & O game plans were very well conceived.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

I think they may approach Houston similarly because I think they’re going to want to disguise the game plan a bit for KC. They’ll have a plan in place in case they don’t dominate Houston for sure, but I think Frazier is veteran enough to know how to play this.

2 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Washington isn't a bubble playoff team, IMO.

In that division they absolutely are. They were the favorite to win it going into the season.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I hope all the doubters are quiet now.

Josh and the offense was very good.  The D was very good (mostly).  When they put both together in a complete game ... watch out.

The D had 1 bad play when it almost mattered and STs had 1 as well while it was still officially a game.  Other than those 2 plays it was an utter rout.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I still disagree, even in that division.

Even if they are in that division, it becomes a question of do we mean literally a team that in on the bubble to make it into the playoffs, regardless of the way, or more of on the bubble of being a true "playoff caliber" team?  Someone in that division has to be the former, by definition, but nobody in that division is the latter.

2 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Even if they are in that division, it becomes a question of do we mean literally a team that in on the bubble to make it into the playoffs, regardless of the way, or more of on the bubble of being a true "playoff caliber" team?  Someone in that division has to be the former, by definition, but nobody in that division is the latter.

If Prescott stays healthy, the Pokes MAY be playoff caliber.  But, if he breaks again, no, there are no teams in that division that deserve to even be in the discussion though 1 will have to be crowned the tallest midget.

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The D had 1 bad play when it almost mattered and STs had 1 as well while it was still officially a game.  Other than those 2 plays it was an utter rout.

Since I didn't actually watch the game and was only winging it based on my score sheet glance I was pretty close eh?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Since I didn't actually watch the game and was only winging it based on my score sheet glance I was pretty close eh?

In about 3 minutes of game time, Buffalo went from a 21-0 lead to a 21-14, after a 70+ yard TD, letting WFT recover the kickoff, and then score a TD a few plays later.  Aside from that, it was completely lopsided.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.