2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Probably.  But they were 2 & 0.  It's tough to go 0-3 but Denver lucked into 60% of the teams that were able to pull it off.

I believe the Steelers are 1-2 to start the season.  The one win was over us when believed the hype machine.

fyi:

The Bills now lead the AFC in pts and are 2nd in the AFC in fewest pts allowed.  Overall we are 4th in pts scored and 4th in pts allowed and are tied with Denver for largest pt differential in the NFL at 50.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I believe the Steelers are 1-2 to start the season.  The one win was over us when believed the hype machine.

fyi:

The Bills now lead the AFC in pts and are 2nd in the AFC in fewest pts allowed.  Overall we are 4th in pts scored and 4th in pts allowed and are tied with Denver for largest pt differential in the NFL at 50.

To be  Fair buffalos special teams  Delivered the win on a silver platter for them.

You guys need a new punter hes  Terrible 

Edited by Buffalonill

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Haack is completely fine.

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You're blaming a punter for an unblocked rusher? 

Strange. 

I didn't see the WFT game - and I don't think the Bills punted much anyway - but I will say: When we were at the Pittsburgh game and then when we were watching the Dolphins game on TV, my crew all agreed that Haack's punting motion seems slow. This is a matter that is measurable and quantifiable -- of course, I have no interest in actually doing that work.

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I didn't see the WFT game - and I don't think the Bills punted much anyway - but I will say: When we were at the Pittsburgh game and then when we were watching the Dolphins game on TV, my crew all agreed that Haack's punting motion seems slow. This is a matter that is measurable and quantifiable -- of course, I have no interest in actually doing that work.

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Buffalonill is right on this one I believe, our punter is extremely slow. We can fix that though that's an easy issue.

This was the second time Haack has had a punt blocked in his pro career out of 316 kicks. The average team punts about 3.7 times a game (63 times a season). This team will punt less than that (on pace for just 51 punts). Haack has been blocked once every 158 punts so if trends continue he won’t be blocked again for another two seasons.

Obviously sports are random and circumstantial so there’s much more to it than that but that’s just a quick breakdown of his numbers so far.

I think most of Haack’s punts have looked fine but he’s had a few that have taken an extra half step to get off. It’s not something I’m overly worried about because it only impacted him once when the line failed to blocked a free rusher.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Nice numbers Hoss, thanks.

Yeah I mean it's not something I'm concerned about, especially like you said at the infrequency of which we punt and punts are actually blocked in the NFL it's likely to not happen again in the season. I think maybe what I should have said is he *was* extremely slow on that punt, not *is*. It looked like the extra half step you alluded too.

Either way, that's not our Achilles heal by any means, so keep firing Buffalonill lol

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Nice numbers Hoss, thanks.

Yeah I mean it's not something I'm concerned about, especially like you said at the infrequency of which we punt and punts are actually blocked in the NFL it's likely to not happen again in the season. I think maybe what I should have said is he *was* extremely slow on that punt, not *is*. It looked like the extra half step you alluded too.

Either way, that's not our Achilles heal by any means, so keep firing Buffalonill lol

Pat McAfee made a point about the punt that there’s often some adjustment between a LS and a new punter. If you watch the blocked punt it looks like Haack put a little extra time in actually catching the ball but it threw off his rhythm. It doesn’t look like a bad snap or anything but it somehow looks like it caught him off guard.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.