2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

15 hours ago, SwampD said:

If Josh Allen ever had the series that Maholmes just had, the suicide prevention line in Buffalo would crash.

People saying he had a bad game today are broken.

No, they’re (we’re) not. He was bad. It was plain as day. He missed a handful of wide open throws and had time on most of them. There’s nothing wrong with calling out when Allen is struggling.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

It’s not great, but he made the throws he had to, and the plays he makes with his feet are actually plays that count. I’d sure hate to see what the game would have looked like with someone else behind that O line.

Are his receivers blameless? I think some of those throws were catchable. Other than Diggs, when is the last time you saw a one of our receivers take a ball away from a defender?

The o-line continues to suck which is the biggest issue through two weeks, but it’s worth noting there were still plays Josh was able to sit in the pocket and throw and he still missed on many of those. They won’t play a team with as good of a defensive backfield as Miami for a while but Washington has a very good pass rush to worry about next week.

Getting Singletary going is the big thing from yesterday’s game we should all take away and celebrate.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

35 - 0 

Bottom line.

I don't care if JA sat sulking and sucked his thumb all afternoon, just like John does.

You guys just paid him a ton of money and the last 4 games hes been not great . 

I would be worried he would not miss many Throws last year and his accuracy was on point this year he looks nothing like that dude from last year . 

Allen had a slow start last year, too.  And pretty sure the 1st couple of 2019 weren't overly pretty either.  He'll figure it out.

Kind of wild though.  The Bills beat the blankety blank Fish 35-0 in their friggin' Fishbowl in a tropical sauna and we're complaining about their mistakes.  Never thought we'd see THAT day, the one where a 35 point shellacking down there wasn't good enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No, they’re (we’re) not. He was bad. It was plain as day. He missed a handful of wide open throws and had time on most of them. There’s nothing wrong with calling out when Allen is struggling.

Still missing the point. You are putting it all on Josh.

Our receivers need to go to the ball, and not wait for it to come to them. If they did that on even half of the incompletions, we wouldn't be talking about Josh's bad day.

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I would be worried he would not miss many Throws last year and his accuracy was on point this year he looks nothing like that dude from last year . 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112e3016d08b99aae2ad

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Still missing the point. You are putting it all on Josh.

Our receivers need to go to the ball, and not wait for it to come to them. If they did that on even half of the incompletions, we wouldn't be talking about Josh's bad day.

I’m not putting it all on Josh. I haven’t said anything about the receivers and I’m sure there’s some blame to go there but most of the stuff about receivers not getting open is pure assumption since we don’t really know. There was a crossing route to Sanders early in the game where Sanders burned his man and Josh just threw way too far in front. On the deep ball that Diggs just moss’d Howard on Diggs got open and should’ve walked in deep and Josh was short but his WR made a play. There was another where Diggs burned two defenders but Josh threw short and it ended up being incomplete. On the Diggs TD he came back to the QB to make a play. His day could’ve been worse if not for Diggs making some plays.

57 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

The reason I am saying josh wasn't bad is because he wasn't making game losing plays. On the flip side he wasn't really making game winning plays either

I appreciate and agree to a point, but that TD pass to Diggs was otherworldly. Each week he seems to throw a pass that that literally only a few other humans on the planet can make. 

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m not putting it all on Josh. I haven’t said anything about the receivers and I’m sure there’s some blame to go there but most of the stuff about receivers not getting open is pure assumption since we don’t really know. There was a crossing route to Sanders early in the game where Sanders burned his man and Josh just threw way too far in front. On the deep ball that Diggs just moss’d Howard on Diggs got open and should’ve walked in deep and Josh was short but his WR made a play. There was another where Diggs burned two defenders but Josh threw short and it ended up being incomplete. On the Diggs TD he came back to the QB to make a play. His day could’ve been worse if not for Diggs making some plays.

I'm also thinking of two plays, one on the sideline and one in the endzone, where the recivers were waiting for the ball to land perfectly in their breadbasket, while they wtched the defender jumping in front of them trying to make a play. It was the same ball he threw for Digg's and the same ball that Ben threw to his receivers last week against us.

His day could have also been better if the others made some plays for him.

21 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Your hot takes, which were never very warm really, are ice cold now.

What @inkman said.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I didn't pay him anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm also thinking of two plays, one on the sideline and one in the endzone, where the recivers were waiting for the ball to land perfectly in their breadbasket, while they wtched the defender jumping in front of them trying to make a play. It was the same ball he threw for Digg's and the same ball that Ben threw to his receivers last week against us.

His day could have also been better if the others made some plays for him.

There’s been some waiting on the ball to get to them, for sure. There was a big one in week one that got blamed on Josh that was mostly Diggs just sitting and waiting for the ball.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Your hot takes, which were never very warm really, are ice cold now.

What @inkman said.

Seems lots of people see the same 

http://buffalorange.com/topic/45659-whats-going-on-with-allen/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/234480-josh-allen-is-looking-a-lot-more-like-the-2019-version/

This guy seems to think hes injured 

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/257650-Something-is-wrong-with-Allen-arm-I-ll-bet-a-report-comes-soon

49 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There’s been some waiting on the ball to get to them, for sure. There was a big one in week one that got blamed on Josh that was mostly Diggs just sitting and waiting for the ball.

I also think it's more likely to draw a DPI call if they go after the ball.

35-0 and there is so much room for improvement. That doen't suck.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I also think it's more likely to draw a DPI call if they go after the ball.

35-0 and there is so much room for improvement. That doen't suck.

This is right on both points. It feels a lot better to be able to criticize after a big win vs a tight loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.