2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sheesh - I sure hope Jones knew he was live on-air.

No way he did.  Utterly classless by Sharpe. Not that I’d expect him to know the difference.  

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I hope Julio comes and and slams Sharpe for this nonsense.  That sure is a great way to lose an athletes confidence.  Consider that relationship terminated. 

film fire GIF by Lionsgate Home Entertainment

I think its easy.  Run activities as normal, if they get sick, they don't get paid and they get fined.

NFL mandate.  I am sure the NFLPA wants to support an anti-vaccine initiative.  They'll cave.

Edited by LTS

6 minutes ago, LTS said:

I think its easy.  Run activities as normal, if they get sick, they don't get paid and they get fined.

NFL mandate.  I am sure the NFLPA wants to support an anti-vaccine initiative.  They'll cave.

The league's relationship with the players is governed by a 500-page CBA.

Nothing is easy.

33 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The league's relationship with the players is governed by a 500-page CBA.

Nothing is easy.

Failure to follow medical advice?  I get the complexities of the contract.  I'm just saying, if the league cares it could stand up and make a statement.  The NFLPA would have to actually argue against the policy and in so doing support the anti-vaccine camp.  That could prove interesting.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, LTS said:

Failure to follow medical advice?  I get the complexities of the contract.  I'm just saying, if the league cares it could stand up and make a statement.  The NFLPA would have to actually argue against the policy and in so doing support the anti-vaccine camp.  That could prove interesting.

The wouldn't spin it in a way that supports the anti-vaccine camp; they would spin it as supporting the personal choice camp.  Those two camps (sets) intersect, but neither fully contains the other.

Edited by carpandean

15 hours ago, carpandean said:

The wouldn't spin it in a way that supports the anti-vaccine camp; they would spin it as supporting the personal choice camp.  Those two camps (sets) intersect, but neither fully contains the other.

Oh, undoubtedly they would try and go down that path.  But I would expect they would be shouted down just as everyone else who has tried to support the personal choice camp. 

Our company just ended the COVID pay policy.  Until yesterday if you were out due to COVID you received full salary and it did not decrement PTO/Sick time.  I would imagine that whatever CBA our Union people have it probably did not address something like this anyway.  It's not the same as mandating a vaccination but it does speak to not paying you if you contract COVID.  No idea how any of that is covered in the NFL CBA of course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.