2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Ertz or Julio Jones?

If it's going to be offense, it should be a tight end and not another receiver.  They're set at receiver.  I wouldn't mind an upgrade in the backfield but I don't see it happening, and I think that McDermott is ok with his line.

I could see a defensive back.

I can’t believe noone is commenting on this AP report yet....

“The NFL says it will halt the use of “race-norming” — which assumed Black players started out with lower cognitive functioning — in a $1 billion settlement of brain injury claims. The practice had made it harder for Black players to qualify.”

18 minutes ago, Weave said:

“The NFL says it will halt the use of “race-norming” — which assumed Black players started out with lower cognitive functioning — in a $1 billion settlement of brain injury claims. The practice had made it harder for Black players to qualify.”

How many skulls did they measure to even get to that point in the first place?

19 minutes ago, Weave said:

WTF, how was that even a thing?

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wtf?!?!?

Not doubting you, but haven't seen this at any of the NFL type message boards yet.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Baffling. Repugnant. Shameful. 

8 hours ago, Weave said:

When this report initially came out that it was happening it blew my mind. The league didn't even deny it - just noted that it was actually agreed to by the former players and their doctors. So many important people at a table and nobody thought to stop this - purely because the league viewed it as a way to save some money in their lawsuit.

This is the league openly admitting to using a racist tactic. Colin Kaepernick continues to prove to be well ahead of his time in calling out this league.

42 minutes ago, Hoss said:

CBS predict Tremaine Edmunds to win the DPOY 

I would pick anyone on Tampa’s starting defense over TE.  Also, did CBS forget about Chase Young and Miles Garret? I don’t think Tremaine is a bad player, I’m just unsure how he gets this kind of rep.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lord almighty - I'm gonna say: If Tremaine were to win DPOY (or just be in the running) and the rest of the team were to mostly hold serve, the Bills would have a better than 50% chance of beating the Chiefs and winning the Super Bowl.

I'm a little worried about Star's status. We need a big fella in the middle to let the linebackers roam more free.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lord almighty - I'm gonna say: If Tremaine were to win DPOY (or just be in the running) and the rest of the team were to mostly hold serve, the Bills would have a better than 50% chance of beating the Chiefs and winning the Super Bowl.

I'm a little worried about Star's status. We need a big fella in the middle to let the linebackers roam more free.

Only if JA plays better in the playoffs than he did in January.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Only if JA plays better in the playoffs than he did in January.

Completion percentage: 64.2%

817 yards

5 TD : 1 INT

94.3 rating

Played the two of the best defenses in the league and the AFC champs on the road. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Completion percentage: 64.2%

817 yards

5 TD : 1 INT

94.3 rating

Played the two of the best defenses in the league and the AFC champs on the road. 

Well, I assume you watched the games -- do you think he played well?

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I assume you watched the games -- do you think he played well?

In the first two yeah. Baltimore was tricky because of that defense and the weather, but he held his own against Indy. KC, not so much

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

In the first two yeah. Baltimore was tricky because of that defense and the weather, but he held his own against Indy. KC, not so much

I thought he was decent vs Indy and mediocre vs Baltimore and KC.

To beat KC, he needs to be MVP-contender-level JA.  For that matter they could easily have lost to Baltimore without Taron Johnson saveing their bacon.

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fair deuce. But if we have a D that boasts a DPOY candidate? Only marginally better.

I think they're going to need to score at least 34ish points to beat KC regardless of how well Edmunds plays, and to do that, it's mission-critical for JA to be much better than he was.

Now, if Edmunds is great AND the rest of the D raises its game substantially -- like to where TB's D was in the Super Bowl?  Then JA is less critical.  But that seems pretty unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.