2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Tremaine Edmunds has been a monster and this fan base is completely lost on their evaluation of him. Very well worth the 16th pick.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I’ve watched every play from all of his games.  I almost never see him making a difference.  

My then 12 year old son - whose football acumen is a function of playing Madden on PlayStation and watching the NFL on TV - said of Edmunds: “That guy’s a beast. ... But he’s in the wrong gap more than half the time.”

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

Tremaine Edmunds has been a monster and this fan base is completely lost on their evaluation of him. Very well worth the 16th pick.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I’ve watched every play from all of his games.  I almost never see him making a difference.  

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How good was the Bills D when Edmunds was out or limited by injury?

He's a good, solid player, but not a major difference-maker IMHO.  He doesn't get to the QB or create turnovers much. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

He's a good, solid player, but not a major difference-maker IMHO.  He doesn't get to the QB or create turnovers much. 

He doesn’t have to do that to have an impact. He has great command of this defense after getting the mic at 19 years old. He’s a leader that is a steadying force in the middle.

Beane picked three guys with tons of upside but all of them need development.  

1. Gregory Rousseau, DL - Only one year of college football.  265 lbs 6'7." 15.5 sacks in his one season (2019).  Raw player.

2. Boogie Basham, DE -  281 lbs, 6'3" Wake Forest DE - Plays run well and can get to the QB

3. Spencer Brown , OL - 311 lbs 6'8"  Small School OL who is a converted basketball player.  Another Raw player.

This looks like a boom or bust draft.  Would really like to have seen a CB.  Still need TE help as well.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Edmunds is the Ristolainen of the Bills.

Holy ***** this is a bad take.

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Beane picked three guys with tons of upside but all of them need development.  

1. Gregory Rousseau, DL - Only one year of college football.  265 lbs 6'7." 15.5 sacks in his one season (2019).  Raw player.

2. Boogie Basham, DE -  281 lbs, 6'3" Wake Forest DE - Plays run well and can get to the QB

3. Spencer Brown , OL - 311 lbs 6'8"  Small School OL who is a converted basketball player.  Another Raw player.

This looks like a boom or bust draft.  Would really like to have seen a CB.  Still need TE help as well.

Basham is a guy that should be able to have a high snap count right away. His weakness is in the run game so there’s a chance he’s a guy that plays end on early downs but moves inside as a pass rusher in passing situations. He’s got the power to play right away.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

Holy ***** this is a bad take.

It’s a fair take, at worst. And it’s a good take, IMO.

It overstates matters slightly, but not overly.

I really like Tremaine - he seems like a solid dude. And there’s still time for his game to grow — he was so young when he came in, as you note.

But his instinctive football IQ seems low. Hence the Risto comparison: A physical freak who is somehow less than the sum of his parts.

Also, hat tip to @inkman who was the poster to open my eyes to this. Well, it was ink and my teenaged son whose opinions eventually landed with me.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It’s a fair take, at worst. And it’s a good take, IMO.

It overstates matters slightly, but not overly.

I really like Tremaine - he seems like a solid dude. And there’s still time for his game to grow — he was so young when he came in, as you note.

But his instinctive football IQ seems low. Hence the Risto comparison: A physical freak who is somehow less than the sum of his parts.

Also, hat tip to @inkman who was the poster to open my eyes to this. Well, it was ink and my teenaged son whose opinions eventually landed with me.

Exactly. I watched Roquan Smith for years and he was almost always in the right spot and rarely missed tackles. Edmunds gets sucked into the line too often and has difficulty shedding blocks. He takes bad angles at times and goes into the wrong gap. He's young so it can improve still and will with better edge and line play. 

Anybody else noticing a trend for Beane to like to take the raw guys in the early rounds:  Allen, Edmonds, Ford, Epinesa, & now all 3 guys taken in the 1st 2 days this year.

Oliver & trading the pick for anything but raw Diggs are the only early round exceptions to that ottomh.

• Like (+1) 2

This is definitely a hockey forum with how far off the collective evaluation of Tremaine Edmunds is. If they were to put him on the trade market every single team in the league would come calling and they’d have a selection of firsts to choose from.

Just now, Hoss said:

This is definitely a hockey forum with how far off the collective evaluation of Tremaine Edmunds is. If they were to put him on the trade market every single team in the league would come calling and they’d have a selection of firsts to choose from.

No one is saying he can't be traded. Just like Risto could have. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No one is saying he can't be traded. Just like Risto could have. 

I haven’t been frustrated by anything on this forum since returning but the Risto comparison is incredibly stupid.

You obviously want Tremaine to cut down on missed tackles but he’s a guy that’s involved in most plays and he’s been the leader of good defenses since he stepped onto an NFL field.

Also of note: there are exactly 40 players in this year’s draft (including multiple players already drafted) that are older than him. Speaking of which: happy early 23rd birthday to the under-appreciated Tremaine Edmunds who turns 23 next year. Buffalo likes to pick a random player or two on all their teams to run out of town. Tremaine is closer to Ryan O’Reilly than he is to Rasmus Ristolainen. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I haven’t been frustrated by anything on this forum since returning but the Risto comparison is incredibly stupid.

You obviously want Tremaine to cut down on missed tackles but he’s a guy that’s involved in most plays and he’s been the leader of good defenses since he stepped onto an NFL field.

Also of note: there are exactly 40 players in this year’s draft (including multiple players already drafted) that are older than him. Speaking of which: happy early 23rd birthday to the under-appreciated Tremaine Edmunds who turns 23 next year. Buffalo likes to pick a random player or two on all their teams to run out of town. Tremaine is closer to Ryan O’Reilly than he is to Rasmus Ristolainen. 

His age is the big things his critics tend to forget.  He's still going to get even more impressive physically.  Hopefully he also improves at choosing the right gap.  If he does, he'll be an annual pro bowler & occasional All Pro.

(Still think a lot of the poor tacking was due to the shoulder injury in the Jest game.  He seemed better at that down the stretch.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

His age is the big things his critics tend to forget.  He's still going to get even more impressive physically.  Hopefully he also improves at choosing the right gap.  If he does, he'll be an annual pro bowler & occasional All Pro.

(Still think a lot of the poor tacking was due to the shoulder injury in the Jest game.  He seemed better at that down the stretch.)

He was Pro Bowl-level down the stretch after getting healthy. The injury definitely played a role in early-season struggles which were definitely there.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Tonight Show Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

20 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Easy, Sparky.

20 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think he need to be moved outside.  Too tall and lanky to take on guards to get to the ball carrier.  He’s probably decent in coverage but he’s no where near Milano in coverage ability.  I look at LBs in the league that attack the line of scrimmage and make plays.  What I see Edmunds doing is reacting too late, taking a bad angle or penetrating the wrong hole.  He’s ok.  Maybe he’ll be better with an actual one technique in front of him.  I see Poyer and Hyde make way more plays at the line of scrimmage than Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Not trying to run him out of town. Didn't even say trade him. Noted he has processing flaws

And for those talking about how young he is, Risto even to this day is referred to at times as "young". At some point after x number of pro years, I think you're just a vet.

That did Tremaine for the next couple years should improve. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.