Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Unless he is really damaging young player development, there is no reason to fire him now...as long as it takes place as soon as the season ends. 

Disagree.  The sooner he is gone the sooner the next guy can get a feel for the team, the team can start to learn his system, and we avoid a 10 games losing streak to start next season while everyone gets to know each other.

If they are going to bring in a disposable interim coach, what I mention wouldn't really be relevant.

I this franchise trades EICHEL or REINHART while retaining KRUEGER, I'm going to have to step away for a while.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

If this franchise trades EICHEL or REINHART while retaining KRUEGER, I'm going to have to step away for a while.

Same here.  And I hate saying that.

IMHO, Kreuger has to go no later than the end of the road trip for the Sabres to have a chance of hinting at implying at sniffing a whiff of what could maybe be a fraction of a modicum of a smidgen of credibility by the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Same here.  And I hate saying that.

IMHO, Kreuger has to go no later than the end of the road trip for the Sabres to have a chance of hinting at implying at sniffing a whiff of what could maybe be a fraction of a modicum of a smidgen of credibility by the end of the season.

A lot of folks have been thinking for a while now that these 3 road games in NY would spell the end of Krueger, assuming 3 straight losses on top of everything else.

Well, we get the 3 losses.  So Ralph will be fired tomorrow on Monday, right?

Wrong!  I don't think he will; I just don't feel it in my gut.

Will he be fired on Wednesday, end of road trip, after another loss to Philly Tuesday night?  Not so sure.

I think there is a solid shot Krueger is retained for the balance of this season.

I think there is still an outside shot he is the HC of this team to start next season! 

Money has a lot to do with it.

I think it will have to come from Pegula.  

I truly don't believe Adams when he says he can fire Krueger on his own!

10 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

A lot of folks have been thinking for a while now that these 3 road games in NY would spell the end of Krueger, assuming 3 straight losses on top of everything else.

Well, we get the 3 losses.  So Ralph will be fired tomorrow on Monday, right?

Wrong!  I don't think he will; I just don't feel it in my gut.

Will he be fired on Wednesday, end of road trip, after another loss to Philly Tuesday night?  Not so sure.

I think there is a solid shot Krueger is retained for the balance of this season.

I think there is still an outside shot he is the HC of this team to start next season! 

Money has a lot to do with it.

I think it will have to come from Pegula.  

I truly don't believe Adams when he says he can fire Krueger on his own!

If money is the motivation, then I have a way that RK might be gone sooner.  How is this for false hope: season ticket holders essentially decline to waste their money when the KBC opens for fans.

If they don't can him soon, then they might as well forget making the playoffs for 5 more seasons after this one.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Disagree.  The sooner he is gone the sooner the next guy can get a feel for the team, the team can start to learn his system, and we avoid a 10 games losing streak to start next season while everyone gets to know each other.

If they are going to bring in a disposable interim coach, what I mention wouldn't really be relevant.

I this franchise trades EICHEL or REINHART while retaining KRUEGER, I'm going to have to step away for a while.

That’s the problem.  If Ralphie is canned tomorrow, IMO it would be Granato and Smith for the rest of the year. 

If I thought they would hire Gallant immediately, I’d be right there with you demanding Ralph should be fired ASAP. 

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My source says Ralph's job is safe for the foreseeable future, and that we should expect to see player movement.

So, I am getting a cold feeling that Eichel and Reino could be gone before RK goes.  Someone please convince me I'm nuts.

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So, I am getting a cold feeling that Eichel and Reino could be gone before RK goes.  Someone please convince me I'm nuts.

I mean, the Pegulas made up their mind about the "character" of O'Reilly before they moved him, so applying the same thing to any other player is within reason. They're worried about "culture" and it worked for the Bills, so... 

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My source says Ralph's job is safe for the foreseeable future, and that we should expect to see player movement.

I think the first part is completely wrong. The national media, players, former captains are all calling this team out. Krueger isn't making it another week. 

I do agree that we see player movement. 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

FWIW pi's source is like an Anaheim Ducks equipment guy or something if I'm remembering correctly lol 

I'm picturing rip simonick but with a glue on mustache. 

• Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Why?   RK will be gone soon. Maybe tomorrow.  And yes, there could be player movement.  

Edited by Pimlach

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Why?   RK will be gone soon. Maybe tomorrow.  And yes, there could be player movement.  

I’m not convinced. Why wasn’t RK gone after back to back 3-0 losses to Philly? That was enough. Now we have to be dragged through a loss to the lowly Devils, and then 3 consecutive 5-2 losses to NYI???

Edited by Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m not convinced. Why wasn’t RK gone after back to back 3-0 losses to Philly? That was enough. Now we have to be dragged through a loss to the lowly Devils, and then 3 consecutive 5-2 losses??? 

We shall see.  

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think the first part is completely wrong. The national media, players, former captains are all calling this team out. Krueger isn't making it another week. 

I do agree that we see player movement. 

I'm picturing rip simonick but with a glue on mustache. 

Peter North is the equipment manager for the Ducks? 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

How is he still not fired?! what is going on here, what is KA doing??? like FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a couple more... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry Rob Lowe GIF by britbox

They are on a roadtrip, if it isn't today, it has to be Wednesday. 

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They are on a roadtrip, if it isn't today, it has to be Wednesday. 

I'm still at about 50/50 that they keep him until end of season. More money issue as well.  In fact it could be Pegulas don't want to pay another person to sit at home. Further, how many coaches want the job. Most out there are also probably still getting paid and will want to wait and see what happens after season ends. My hope is that they are looking to someone to come in to oversee this franchise and work with KA.

Just now, Radar said:

I'm still at about 50/50 that they keep him until end of season. More money issue as well.  In fact it could be Pegulas don't want to pay another person to sit at home. Further, how many coaches want the job. Most out there are also probably still getting paid and will want to wait and see what happens after season ends. My hope is that they are looking to someone to come in to oversee this franchise and work with KA.

If you fire him and promote his assistant its probably the same price. I'd wait til the offseason to hire a fulltime coach.  I think you need to go through a full process to try and get this right.