GDT: 3/3/20 Buffalo Sabres vs. Winnipeg Jets 8 pm

bob_sauve28

11 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Dunleavy is not the worst play by play guy I've ever heard.  Compared to John Gurtler or Kevin Sylvester, he's downright fantastic.

But you're right; there is something very sanitized about his delivery and I just don't like the guy.  

I have no idea what their real plans are for the job once RJ is gone for good, but I hope they re-examine the position and move on from Dunleavy.  Or he moves on himself before that day arrives. 

I fear he has been assured he will be "The Guy" going forward once RJ takes off the headset for good.

Sanitized is the perfect word for it. Let's remember Dan's farewell tweet before his last home broadcast. Sure sounded to a lot of people like a farewell to the Sabres.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Sanitized is the perfect word for it. Let's remember Dan's farewell tweet before his last home broadcast. Sure sounded to a lot of people like a farewell to the Sabres.

?

Dan does a lot of re-tweeting and is wholly uninteresting on that platform as well. What tweet are you talking about?

4 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Most fans hopes for their team are to reach the playoffs and eventually have a good look at the Cup.

My hopes for this team are that Eichel does not leave and the team stays in Buffalo. I've given up on anything even related to playoffs for a few more years.

I think your hopes will be secured.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

A game between two teams that probably won't make the playoffs but whose fans still have hope...

Laine should be back in for the game but Niku, Lowry, Perreault and Little (gone for season) still not playing.

I've been told that Morrissey will be paired with DeMelo for tonight's game so Morrissey is back.

Also out with injuries are Bitetto, Dahlstrom and Letestu. These players not being dressed is probably a good thing for the Jets though.

We lead the league in man games lost so far this year and that isn't counting Byfuglien.

Good luck!!!!!!

Columbus is first, Jets second, for man games lost. 

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Actually, we have someone playing 2C but he shoulsn't be! Nobody has really replaced Little since he went down.

But Little isn't 2C quality anymore we know that Ducky. 

33 for next season, injury riddled, and making over 5 mil for the next 4 years. It's one of Chevy's few albatross contracts. 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Me either.  I want to see them work hard to the end.  Set the tone for next season.  

The tone for next season will be 6 more new players, minimum. The tone was just set 3 games ago...when it mattered most. 

It's pretty easy to set a different tone now that the season is over in these games are meaningless.

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Dunleavy is not the worst play by play guy I've ever heard.  Compared to John Gurtler or Kevin Sylvester, he's downright fantastic.

But you're right; there is something very sanitized about his delivery and I just don't like the guy.  

I have no idea what their real plans are for the job once RJ is gone for good, but I hope they re-examine the position and move on from Dunleavy.  Or he moves on himself before that day arrives. 

I fear he has been assured he will be "The Guy" going forward once RJ takes off the headset for good.

I actually don't mind Dunleavy. He isn't 'flashy' and sometimes it takes a second or two for me to register if a goal was scored, but overall I prefer him to a lot of other people I hear doing play-by-play.

Of course, I must say that I am NOT a fan of guys that get overly excited....RJ's calls to me are a bit too over the top.  But I'd be perfectly content/happy with Dunleavy going forward.

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

Just had my first practice last night. First season coaching in a new organization. May I recommend voting to supply coaches with more than 7 baseballs? Volunteers shouldn’t need to spend a hundred dollars on balls. Hope you have a great season! Coaching is easily the most rewarding thing I do. 

Hah.  We'r a bit out from practice.  I don't really coach anymore, too busy.  Just on the board now.  Of course I'm not at the board meeting because rather than go there I had to stay home and work all night.  So this is my quick break before I get back to working... MF'er.. that's what I get for complaining about missing the game for a board meeting...

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Flip back and forth to see the difference between good and bad hockey maybe?

I'm interested to see if we compete hard or fold tonight. 

I always say I won't watch and then I find myself getting sucked in. I'm sure I will end up watching the first.....just hoping that I see something that we can all hang our hat onto for the future.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.