GDT: 3/3/20 Buffalo Sabres vs. Winnipeg Jets 8 pm

bob_sauve28

Three factors for the win for the Jets in no order...

Goaltending

Special teams

Overall team offense.

This is the strongest D that has started a game for the Jets all season. Scary seeing as at least two of them are no better than a 7D.

I can't see them canning RK but I can maybe see JBots getting the door. I don't think Eichel would want to start playing for another coach next season. How many has he had? three?  I also don't think there's that big a gap between the best coach in the league and the worst. General managers are different. More of a gap in my opinion. 

Edited by Ducky

5 hours ago, Tondas said:

I don't have any words to describe this.  I used to love watching the Sabres.  Now, I watch more out of obligation than entertainment.  Battle, fight, grit, push-back, represent the frickin' city you play for.  I don't feel any of that.  Trite sayings and excuses.  The Bills represent the city, why can't the Sabres?

This is where I have been for years now.  A lot of what you're complaining about reflects where the league is as a whole in 2020; the NHL has changed a LOT in our lifetimes and I don't much care for the current iteration.

Having said that, this is a passive group and "tenacity" isn't really what they are known for.  On top of all this, they aren't a very good hockey team and they're currently playing meaningless games, and they all know it.

I agree with you; it sucks.  

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

So was the game as bad as it sounded on the radio?

Yes.  What is alarming is that Ralph Krueger said in the post game interview that he felt we clearly out-chanced them in the first and second periods and had lots of chances in the 3rd.  

Our horrid special teams didn't help us out much in this game, but suggesting we had the better chances throughout the game, 5 on 5, is psychotic IMO.  Winnipeg controlled the flow of game for most of the night, as most teams do against us.  We were not without chances here and there, but these games are controlled by the opposition, and that's why we don't win a ton of games. If Ralph doesn't see that, fire his ass along with Botterill's. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I missed like 20 minutes of game time but I didn't think this game was half as bad as this thread reads which is surprising considering our players dreams were just crushed while theirs are still playing for something 

I actually thought general team effort was pretty solid for 3 periods tonight.  In terms of players not coasting and that sort of thing. Sam Reinhart actually tried to throw a huge open ice hit and completely whiffed, but the intention was there!

We're just not very good.  And our special teams are atrocious.  

I don't understand why Botterill would do a purchase rental with Simmonds, but I hope that was his intention.  There isn't a lot left in his tank.  I'll keep watching him til the end of the year, but he should not be re-signed. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

We heard that going into this season.

They did have close to it not the easiest schedule in the league last year. We have to factor that in. This coming season for the Bills and especially Josh Allen may tell us a lot.

Last nights game was sad for me.   I lost interest and stopped watching.  That never happens.  

Hutton is a problem but he could have been Hasek and we might have ended up 1-1 in regulation.   

Our forwards mostly stink.  

21 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Another dumb penalty 

When you have big guys that hit, like Simmonds, you get penalties.  You also get the benefit of protection.  

All the more reason to have great penalty killers (like Lucey and Rammer).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.