GDT 2/16/2020 Toronto @ Buffalo 7PM MSG WGR

woods-racer

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seriously?  You're gonna give me crud for actually showing up tonight?  Could've made at least $200 over my price; but there was no way to miss tonight.

Bring your derision to the scalpers like PTR.  Don't have time for it. 

Nope. Absolutely not giving you crud for showing up ??
Telling the board “#### all of you” 

kinda not cool, no?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

#### all of you.  We were out numbered 19-1.  Any one of you could've bought a ticket the Loafs fans bought.  

It was one of the loudest the Sabres fans have been at games this season, and we only had 1,000 in the crowd.

I agree completely with you Taro. As a matter of fact, I had 200 level tickets to tonights game. I sold them to Toronto fans. I make no bones about it. I had no engagements which prevented me from going to the game.I paid 207 dollars for 4 tickets, myself, my significant other and my 2 daughters, 23 and 15. My 23 yr old played for NU women's, she's an ardent fan.

Here is the kicker, we've done this over the course of the past 4 years, sometimes pack purchases, sometimes individual games, only 1 or 2 through out the season. It's not that we can't financially afford it, it's the product on the ice.

And I know you've heard it a thousand fold times before, but that product on the ice does matter. I sold my tickets this evening, all 4, 200 level, for 475 dollars each, after paying 207 dollars each for them. I don't need the money Taro, we are doing just fine, but, the offer was made through a friend and all 3 of my family didn't want to go, I was the only one who did. The reason? Well, my daughters both say they hate the losing. My significant other says she can find better things to do with her time.

It is, what the product is. Just like anything else.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I agree completely with you Taro. As a matter of fact, I had 200 level tickets to tonights game. I sold them to Toronto fans. I make no bones about it. I had no engagements which prevented me from going to the game.I paid 207 dollars for 4 tickets, myself, my significant other and my 2 daughters, 23 and 15. My 23 yr old played for NU women's, she's an ardent fan.

Here is the kicker, we've done this over the course of the past 4 years, sometimes pack purchases, sometimes individual games, only 1 or 2 through out the season. It's not that we can't financially afford it, it's the product on the ice.

And I know you've heard it a thousand fold times before, but that product on the ice does matter. I sold my tickets this evening, all 4, 200 level, for 475 dollars each, after paying 207 dollars each for them. I don't need the money Taro, we are doing just fine, but, the offer was made through a friend and all 3 of my family didn't want to go, I was the only one who did. The reason? Well, my daughters both say they hate the losing. My significant other says she can find better things to do with her time.

It is, what the product is. Just like anything else.

And the one time you don't go....

was priceless.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Genuinely tried. Cheapest seats were half of the total amount of money in my name currently 

And hope the overreaction to the post that spurred the post you responded to didn't cause you consternation.

But am very tired of listening to (reading)  this thought that somehow season ticket holders are the driver of visiting crowds overtaking our rink.  Sure, there are scalpers like PTR, but MOST STHers want to watch the games. 

That they can get 4x their cost to sell to short bus fans isn't their fault.  It's a reality of the market.  And that the short bus fans price Sabres fans out also is the reality.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

And hope the overreaction to the post that spurred the post you responded to didn't cause you consternation.

But am very tired of listening to (reading)  this thought that somehow season ticket holders are the driver of visiting crowds overtaking our rink.  Sure, there are scalpers like PTR, but MOST STHers want to watch the games. 

That they can get 4x their cost to sell to short bus fans isn't their fault.  It's a reality of the market.  And that the short bus fans price Sabres fans out also is the reality.

Yea I’m a STH and I sold this game at cost, to a fellow Sabres fan. So I’m glad I didn’t contribute (this game) to a Leaf fan. ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yea I’m a STH and I sold this game at cost, to a fellow Sabres fan. So I’m glad I didn’t contribute (this game) to a Leaf fan. ?

Well, you're a saint.  Sorry that my reaction to being chastised for actually showing up and losing my voice was slightly hyperbolic. 

But, our Sabres won this game.  And some of us were actually there cheering them on.  Glad your ticket takers were Sabres fans.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Unfortunately you can't choose who buys tickets on StubHub

So very true.  I understand the situation that leads to this. Don't have to like it, but I understand it.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Definitely think the refs missed a few things in our favor tonight. We were good enough we would have won anyway. Wasn't as egregious as the Leafs forum thinks, which dedicated four full pages of GDT to a legal, unremarkable body check by a Sabre

I would say things were missed in accordance to the way things are missed in a playoff hockey game.  Basically only egregious penalties or those that are in and around the net during a scoring opportunity were generally called.  But yes, I would imagine Leafs fans would be upset.  When the officials screw their team on a Stanley Cup clinching goal, I'll almost feel sorry for them.

52 minutes ago, Taro T said:

#### all of you.  We were out numbered 19-1.  Any one of you could've bought a ticket the Loafs fans bought.  

It was one of the loudest the Sabres fans have been at games this season, and we only had 1,000 in the crowd.

Well.... I get you are fired up and all, but I'm not doling out $70 per ticket before fees to get the cheapest seat in the house.  It only goes up from there.  That the Leafs fans will pay exorbitant amounts of money to travel to Buffalo to see their team speaks of the passion of the fan base and the nature of capitalism.

It blows.. no doubt.  Perhaps only allow STH to redeem tickets for the games against the Leafs and Canadiens in person at the box office?  Or allow them to be traded in for some value so the Sabres could control the sale of the tickets?  

Not gonna try and solve the problem.  Keep beating the Leafs and less of their fans will want to show up....

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

And the opponent doesn’t play as well as they usually do. That certainly helps ?

I would say they Sabres' disruptive defense in the neutral zone played a big part in that.  When they *did* get set up in the O-zone, Toronto was scary.  Luckily the Sabres were able to avoid that most of the night.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Murica!!! Sabres could win the cup and Leafs fans will still invade. Only one way to let them know whose barn it is. Fear. Start burning effigies of Matthews and his little sister Marner. My kids will make them free of charge as long as they get to light one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Definitely think the refs missed a few things in our favor tonight. We were good enough we would have won anyway. Wasn't as egregious as the Leafs forum thinks, which dedicated four full pages of GDT to a legal, unremarkable body check by a Sabre

So you're saying they're really not fundamentally different from us?

If you dive right in and make one, you pick it up quickly.

I've done that twice now and no, I didn't figure out twitter at all.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

I'm with you, Taro.

And to be honest, Jack seems to take a perverse pleasure in playing on home ice in front of thousands of Leafs fans.  He channels their hate and turns it back on them.

darth vader force GIF

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, darksabre said:

That's *****. You can clearly see the puck well over the line bouncing around on his pants. They should get better screens. 

Marty pulled out the parallax effect theory. Pretty impressive. Same effect on highstick goals I think.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

"you are a freaky monster" 

RJ you beautiful man 

Rick was fantastic tonight. So comfortable in his own skin. The shortened "score" calls are so much better. Unfortunately we might have heard the death of "smoked one off the pipe." He went with "smashed."

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

God I wish I was among the 2000 Sabre fans in the building tonight.

I don’t care if selling to a Leafs fan pays for season’s tickets. I couldn’t do it on principle.

Just read someone paid $475 for 200 level ticket. Incredible.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry @PASabreFan, can't lose em all.

Dumb.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting gesture. I might be way off, but I think he was communicating something to a kindred spirit.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know. Before the game started it looked like he looking forward to a loss.

And dumber.

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Hey Toronto fans.....

jennifer aniston middle finger GIF

Enjoy your drive home  ?

The guys from Kitchener sitting next to my wife (the Sabres fan from TO sold his seats) had a nearly 2 hour wait to get over the Peace Bridge.

No idea how long the delay was heading the other way.

I watched the whole game without posting, I wanted the full Sportsnet experience. Just kidding. I hate Greg Millen, the Leafblower. The Sabres shut him up and all he talked about in the last 10 minutes was about potential Leaf trades and all of their cap space.

Buffalo kicked butt, they responded to that brief pushback perfectly, thank you Jack.

I will have a lovely day tomorrow, when I cannot take a step without tripping over a Leafs fan. They are already pointing to them being in third place but they are nervous. Even if no one passes them they do not look like a team that can win playoff hockey.

I also chirp them with enjoying Matthews while you can because they will have to trade him in 3-4 years or he will Tavares them. Drives them nuts, why someone doesn’t want to be a Leaf.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The guys from Kitchener sitting next to my wife (the Sabres fan from TO sold his seats) had a nearly 2 hour wait to get over the Peace Bridge.

No idea how long the delay was heading the other way.

It was holiday weekend traffic coupled with the hockey crowd traffic that resulted in a longer wait time.

I was actually surprised how relatively quickly it cleared.  Fans might have started using the northern bridges to get back.  

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Welp, they came, they saw, and they fed them the BIG KOBASA...………….

NEVER QUESTION THE POWER OF THE KOBASA!!!!!!

deep thoughts by,

ScottySabres

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

What the hell is KOBASA?  Do you mean Kielbasa?

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Mellenial sausage = KOBASA 

BTO - Let it Ride.  

When in doubt, hit up Suburban Grandma ?

https://suburbangrandma.com/kobasakovbasakielbasakobasykobasi-where-to-find-it/

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.