GDT 2/16/2020 Toronto @ Buffalo 7PM MSG WGR

woods-racer

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Thank you very much. Things embed automatically on laptop, can't figure it out on old iPad.

Yeah, I could see it was a mobile link.  Just trying to help out.

From the Toronto forum on HFBoards:

Worst officiated game I’ve seen in so long.

29th in PP opportunities. Keefe just call them out it can’t get any worse

42 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Welp, they're 5-4-1 since the All Star break, which... Isn't bad? 

36 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If Botterill had the guts he could get ONE second line player to give this team a chance at making a run. They've been up and down, but they're resilient, which is a big improvement from last year. They have managed to put win streaks together.

I’ve never bought in to the “same old Sabres” crap I keep reading on here.

They are 10/7/1 in 2020 despite losing their #1 goalie and both their snipers for most of that stretch, after going 7/10/1 over the same stretch last year.

The players haven’t quit. They are a mediocre team with one star playing to their potential, despite carrying the baggage of a decade of fan disappointment. They deserve better than a building full of Leaf fans.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Whenever the Sabres play and I'm at home on the computer, I like to check in on the opposing teams twitter followers or message boards for info and amusement....

For the last 10-15 minutes, the Leafs boards have erupted in blaming the officials.  Many comments about how the 'league is against them'.

@SwampD -- any thoughts?

52 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Eichel scored the game winning goal in the third period after the Leafs tied it up and spent a couple shifts playing like the most dangerous team in the league. It completely changed the momentum. Matthews did nothing. His line got caved in most of the game. Jack's spent the game caving the Leafs in. Jack now has 14 goals in 17 Leaf games. 

I hope nfreeman allows me to chalk yet another Leaf dagger game up for Jack ?

Eichel was better tonight, that's for sure.  He was a monster.

And let it be noted that Reino was better than Marner.

24 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

It's gonna take a couple of 8 out of 10 runs to really make this happen

They are 5 under DeLuca .500 with 23 games left.  If they go 7-3 and then 7-3, they will be alive with 3 games left.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Welp, they're 5-4-1 since the All Star break, which... Isn't bad? 

Thanks for that perspective. I admit to being apathetic after that loss to Detroit on home ice.

IYO, do you (or anyone else FTM) think that the loss to the Red Wings may have been a turning point, or is it too soon to tell?

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

@SwampD -- any thoughts?

Eichel was better tonight, that's for sure.  He was a monster.

And let it be noted that Reino was better than Marner.

They are 5 under DeLuca .500 with 23 games left.  If they go 7-3 and then 7-3, they will be alive with 3 games left.

First off, Leafs fans are crazy. There were several non calls against them that pissed me off. It’s just ironic (and hilarious) that the call that led to the game winning goal was terrible. There absolutely was no trip. And the refs even tried to make good with a bs roughing call on Risto.

4 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

Thanks for that perspective. I admit to being apathetic after that loss to Detroit on home ice.

IYO, do you (or anyone else FTM) think that the loss to the Red Wings may have been a turning point, or is it too soon to tell?

I think that depends on how the story ends.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yea, it looks like a cesspool. Just like Facebook, Instagram, and several social media things. So glad I do very very little of social media stuff ?

I hear ya. I'm still rather active on FB, but I've had to either step back or unlike a few pages thanks to some uncouth comments from people who should know better - especially those who claim to be religious. I won't even mess with Twitter - given the widespread amount  of shameless and unfiltered adultery on there.

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m sorry, but it really IS embarrassing to hear how loud the building was for that goal, and to see the entire crowd get out of their seats on the TV replay. 

#### all of you.  We were out numbered 19-1.  Any one of you could've bought a ticket the Loafs fans bought.  

It was one of the loudest the Sabres fans have been at games this season, and we only had 1,000 in the crowd.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

#### all of you.  We were out numbered 19-1.  Any one of you could've bought a ticket the Loafs fans bought.  

It was one of the loudest the Sabres fans have been at games this season, and we only had 1,000 in the crowd.

Genuinely tried. Cheapest seats were half of the total amount of money in my name currently 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

friendly and respectful hockey talk ??
?

Seriously?  You're gonna give me crud for actually showing up tonight?  Could've made at least $200 over my price; but there was no way to miss tonight.

Bring your derision to the scalpers like PTR.  Don't have time for it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.