GDT 2/16/2020 Toronto @ Buffalo 7PM MSG WGR

woods-racer

11 hours ago, jad1 said:

Steal a 2c at the trade deadline and this team will be on the right track. 

We need a Briere type trade right now.

I'd take a gamble on Strome -  His skating isn't so good but he isn't that bad and maybe he is just our 3C next year but can fill in now as 2C alongside Skinner and Mojo.

Well, I was downtown for the day and the Toronto fans were EVERYWHERE, in full force.... Stopped by canalside and it was packed so took the metro to fountain plaza, much more manageable for a skate. 

The metro back to the car was a metro full of blue and white. It was a disparity in which I haven't seen before. 

I had little hope for this game, and had some friends over and skipped watching as whiskey in the hot tub sounded more delightful. 

I just read the board and caught the highlights, very impressed and quite surprised. Seems like I missed an epic one. Hope is there (a small glimmer) but we can't go laying eggs against bottom feeders from this point on. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Well, I was downtown for the day and the Toronto fans were EVERYWHERE, in full force.... Stopped by canalside and it was packed so took the metro to fountain plaza, much more manageable for a skate. 

The metro back to the car was a metro full of blue and white. It was a disparity in which I haven't seen before. 

I had little hope for this game, and had some friends over and skipped watching as whiskey in the hot tub sounded more delightful. 

I just read the board and caught the highlights, very impressed and quite surprised. Seems like I missed an epic one. Hope is there (a small glimmer) but we can't go laying eggs against bottom feeders from this point on. 

we basically need like a 10 game win streak lol ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

I stll can't believe there were zero pps for leafs, total shock. Maybe things are changing?

It was a late penalty when the score was already 5-2.  And frankly I liked it.  After a shot came into Hutton, Risto bear-hugged a Leaf in front and took him down to the ice for a 2-minute roughing minor.  The Sabres promptly killed it off.

3 hours ago, Kristian said:

For those of us who give Buffalo a hard time about lack of back-checking : Watch the Leafs "back-check" Eichel's and Okposo's goals - Holy crap, that's some piss-poor back-checking if I ever saw it!

I noticed the Okposo one for sure.  Sandin made a rookie mistake there but Kerfoot ‘back checking’ was embarrassing.  If he skates even half speed he would have been in a position to break that play up.  I would be outraged with Kerfoot if I’m a leaf fan.

On the other hand, the Sabres were excellent in skating hard when caught out of position to nullify most of the potential odd-man rushes the Leafs had.  They've been better the last few games about putting their had down and skating hard to get back to their assignment.  Even if they didn't directly break up the play, it seemed like they were able to either force the skater to pass or cover a player in the rush enough to take away a passing option.  It seems like backchecking is one of the biggest differences between the early part of the homestand and the last few games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.