Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
miles

GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

Recommended Posts

The sabres are coming off a nice win on the road and looking for some payback to Kucherov after he manhandled Sobotka. I'm surprised the police weren't involved, but I digress. 😉

The Sabres had a small slump for the month of November, but I suspect it is a thing of the past and the sabres are looking forward now. 

I suspect Hutton will be in goal. The real question is will the Sabres play their newest star forward, Brandon Montour in defense or as a winger

Sabres 4-2

My first GDT. Probably my last

Edited by miles
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winning streak commences.  Sabres are coming in hot.

Zemgus with the hattie.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, miles said:

My first GDT. Probably my last

That's the spirit! 

 

 

And no, this won't be your last.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the coaches taking the structure out of the PP has also occurred in other areas to try and open up the offense more. I'd be shocked if they won this game. Maybe they will at least look good. 

Rasmus Dahlin has had a resurgence since his 3rd period benching. Interestingly as much as we have been critical of him, his production is still really good. 16 points in 23 games.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling good about it.  

Ready to play an entire forward line of defenseman to smack down on Kucherov.   Let’s dress 9 defenseman and play 3 on a forward line.

 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my lineup for tonight only.

Skinner, Eichel, Vesey

Olofson, Asplund, Reinhart

Sheary, Mitts, Lazar

Girgs, Larsson, Montour

 

Dahlin, Bogo

McCabe, Risto

Scandella, Joker

 

Hutton gets the nod 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having Bogo and Scandy gives this matchup a different complexion from the EU games. 

Wish we had more forwards, though.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cut.jpg
 

Coming off a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers last night, the Buffalo Sabres will close out their three-game road trip tonight.

The Sabres take on the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena at 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Join us for the Buick Game Night pregame show at 6:30 on MSG.

Here's what you need to know.

  • With a win tonight, the Sabres would sweep a Florida road trip for the first time since earning wins against Tampa Bay and Florida on Nov. 10 and 12, 2015. It would be their first time doing so on consecutive nights since Jan. 29 and 30, 2008.
  • This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
  • Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 5-3 in Stockholm, Sweden on Nov. 9.
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 31 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • Victor Olofsson's goal and point totals currently have him on pace for the best offensive season by a Sabres rookie in decades. 
  • If he maintains his current pace, he would finish the season with the most goals by a Sabres rookie (29) since Donald Audette's 31 in 1991-92 and the most points by a Sabres rookie (61) since Ray Sheppard's 65 in 1987-88.
  • With 14 goals in 23 games so far this season, Jack Eichel is already halfway to his previous best goal total (28), set in the 2018-19 season.
  • Eichel's output through 23 games currently has him on pace to finish the season with 50 goals and 103 points, which would be the highest goal and point totals by a Sabre since Pat LaFontaine (53+95) and Alexander Mogilny (76+51) in 1992-93.
  • Sam Reinhart has recorded 10 points (8+2) in his last nine games against the Lightning, including four two-point outings.
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see if Bogo and Dahlin look really good again tonight.

They both really compliment each other.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Marcus Johansonn tonight? Is he out for awhile? 

 

I imagine Bogo sits tonight, because of back to back? 

 

I really like Mountour at forward 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

 

They both really compliment each other.

Exceptional gracious people, both of them, really good in the room 😋

 

my lineup

Eichel Sheary

Scandy Montour Joker

Reinhart Skinner

McCabe Dahlin Bogosian

Larry Zemgus

Pilut Miller Ristolainen

Spot duty: Mitts, Vesey, Lazar

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No Marcus Johansonn tonight? Is he out for awhile? 

 

I imagine Bogo sits tonight, because of back to back? 

 

I really like Mountour at forward 

Will Montour get more than 11 minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whoopsie

 

An unintentional humorous quip is the best humor I've had in days....

 

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Stamkos not on ice for AM Skate.

He has missed some time 

For the love of God please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Stamkos not on ice for AM Skate.

He has missed some time 

He is out tonite according to yahoo fantasy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

cut.jpg
 

Coming off a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers last night, the Buffalo Sabres will close out their three-game road trip tonight.

The Sabres take on the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena at 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Join us for the Buick Game Night pregame show at 6:30 on MSG.

Here's what you need to know.

  • With a win tonight, the Sabres would sweep a Florida road trip for the first time since earning wins against Tampa Bay and Florida on Nov. 10 and 12, 2015. It would be their first time doing so on consecutive nights since Jan. 29 and 30, 2008.
  • This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
  • Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 5-3 in Stockholm, Sweden on Nov. 9.
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 31 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • Victor Olofsson's goal and point totals currently have him on pace for the best offensive season by a Sabres rookie in decades. 
  • If he maintains his current pace, he would finish the season with the most goals by a Sabres rookie (29) since Donald Audette's 31 in 1991-92 and the most points by a Sabres rookie (61) since Ray Sheppard's 65 in 1987-88.
  • With 14 goals in 23 games so far this season, Jack Eichel is already halfway to his previous best goal total (28), set in the 2018-19 season.
  • Eichel's output through 23 games currently has him on pace to finish the season with 50 goals and 103 points, which would be the highest goal and point totals by a Sabre since Pat LaFontaine (53+95) and Alexander Mogilny (76+51) in 1992-93.
  • Sam Reinhart has recorded 10 points (8+2) in his last nine games against the Lightning, including four two-point outings.

Wait a second. "Hockey glove oven mitt"? 

NOW I am interested in the Sabres season again! 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sakman said:

Wait a second. "Hockey glove oven mitt"? 

NOW I am interested in the Sabres season again! 

I’m going to Wednesday’s game with the wife.

She wants to arrive early ... now I know why lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For the love of God please...

Cooper has confirmed he is OUT tonight

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Cooper has confirmed he is OUT tonight

Let's get a W then baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Be interesting to see if Bogo and Dahlin look really good again tonight.

They both really compliment each other.

Bogo: How you feeling kid? You don't look so bad to me.

Rasmus: Ah, but you look strong enough to pull the ears off a Kucherov.

Bogo: Well... he's got two of them, Rasmus the Junior.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...