GDT: 10/28/19 Arizona at Buffalo, 7pm ET, MSG, NHL and WGR550

jsb

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Sabres weren’t good after the first 19 minutes of the game.  

What?  They had an offensive shift in the second period that lasted almost a week.

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

Other than ot and last minute of the 3rd, they outplayed us 

See above.  The Sabres completely outplayed Arizona in the second period.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

That was a gat damned fun game.

Casey didn't deserve to be in that shootout.

The shootout is ***** awful. Ties after five are better.

Yet another late first period goal.

Three pipes in the OT.

Another butt goal involving Arizona. That's funny.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Arizona is a very impressive young team.  They're well coached and made us play their game all night.  We deserved to lose.

Yeah they played like the LOG line, high pressure and plenty bad angle shots.   We didn't seem to have our legs today though, maybe they had their minds set on a wild bday party tonight ?

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Sabres weren’t good after the first 19 minutes of the game.  

Very true.  I’d say 15 minutes.  

Yotes dominated the 2nd and almost all of the 3rd.   Yet, we had many chances to score. 

We hit a post and a crossbar in OT, then Mitts went over top of an open net.  

So, we get one point.    We had a great start, we have 20 points, but let’s be realistic.  

We are going to battle for a playoff spot, but probably the 8th spot.  

• Like (+1) 1

Good game. Sabre’s seem to be down a notch from the first few gams but still playing well. If they would hit the net and not the post on just one of those fifteen great chances this game is different. Didn’t think Arizona really had anything dangerous tonight. One low percentage goal snuck by Hutton and an unlucky bounce on a penalty that shouldn’t have been one. 

Just now, Eleven said:

I can't even begin to read the print on those charts, but I know what I saw, discussed, and heard.  That crowd wasn't going nuts because Arizona was taking it to the Sabres.

Actually the chart is not inconsistent with what you said, now that I’m looking at it.

Well we have another test of just where we are coming up Caps and Isles on a back to back and then a trip overseas with another back to back against another top team... and then a real compressed schedule through the end of December because off the trip to Sweden. 

We will see whether we are a pretender or contender over the next 8 weeks... 

I was entertained and we got a point so I am not quitting on them until they quit on us..

But I am quitting on you all now... Later fellow fan boys and girls oh and anything in between...   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.