GDT: 10/28/19 Arizona at Buffalo, 7pm ET, MSG, NHL and WGR550

jsb

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Mitts needed to finish that backhand at the end.  Goal scores score.  I do come away with the fact that Arizona is good team.  

My Mittelstadt thought is he thinks he's better than he is.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What's up with Twitter suggesting Dahlin "isn't a NHL defenseman"?

Maybe Twitter is watching the games this season.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, R_Dudley said:

Thanks Marty heard you and just explained still a penalty

Wrong. Finally got NHL RuleBook to load:

Rule 57:

Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.

Lots of concern about Dahlin.  To me it looks like he is thinking, rather than having fun playing.  It just seems like he is taking time to process things.  Last year he looked more creative.  I assume this is part of his maturation and will pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, to bad they couldn't put some of those chances away. Hutton gave them plenty to keep them in it. But, a point is a point, I'll take it.

My primary concern remains the secondary scoring. It's just disappears for way to long of stretches. I'm not advocating for a shake up on that bottom 6, but, if this remains the norm through November in to December I would like to see Bots make some roster adjustments. Tage is tearing it up in Rochester, I have to wonder if he is one of those changes. Just thoughts running through my mind is all.

Go Sabres!

I guess I’m the only one who thought the Sabres clearly looked like the better team.  Dominated for long stretches and had much better scoring chances.  Arizona got by on a fluke goal and some crosssbar doinks.  Jack was a bit too amped tonight but the team looked good to me.

Except for Mythlestadt who really needs to show up soon if he’s going to have an NHL career.  The amount of runway fans give that guy is insane to me.

Also, Erod is terrible.

Also, Dahlin is missing easy passes and can’t even get his shot on net.  You all let me know when it’s ok to be concerned.

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

I guess I’m the only one who thought the Sabres clearly looked like the better team.  Dominated for long stretches and had much better scoring chances.  Arizona got by on a fluke goal and some crosssbar doinks.  Jack was a bit too amped tonight but the team looked good to me.

Except for Mythlestadt who really needs to show up soon if he’s going to have an NHL career.  The amount of runway fans give that guy is insane to me.

Also, Erod is terrible.

Also, Dahlin is missing easy passes and can’t even get his shot on net.  You all let me know when it’s ok to be concerned.

It's ok to be concerned, just don't PANIC! ?

I hope everyone here is prepared for rougher waters soon. It's been nice to have this start but the schedule is about to get tougher. 

Interesting that Dahlin and Jokiharju appeared to be the 3rd d pairing tonight. I think Krueger is trying to shelter Rasmus a bit as he works through the deficiencies in the defensive side of his game.

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Lots of concern about Dahlin.  To me it looks like he is thinking, rather than having fun playing.  It just seems like he is taking time to process things.  Last year he looked more creative.  I assume this is part of his maturation and will pass. 

I agree.  He looks a little more tentative.  I think he's focusing on D and his O is suffering some.  Maybe last year spoiled us a bit.  Learning is not always a linear process.  Dahlin will have ups and downs.  I just don't want them to coach the "Dahlin" out of him.  Still very glad we have him.

Edited by Tondas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.