Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

28 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I sure hope you are right. Just a coincidence he gets his payday and goes bone dry...

Again, he scored 37 goals two years ago. It’s not like his “contract” year was atypical. In addition, the underlying numbers weren’t bad early on and he is showing some signs of life lately. He is the least of their problems.

34 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Again, he scored 37 goals two years ago. It’s not like his “contract” year was atypical. In addition, the underlying numbers weren’t bad early on and he is showing some signs of life lately. He is the least of their problems.

We can't score enough goals and the guy we paid to ONLY score goals isn't scoring goals yet he's the least of our problems? I strongly disagree. 

14 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Interesting that all the contenders have little to no use for their second round picks.

I'm hoping Botterill holds out right up to deadline day to be honest Tom. I have a hunch it's Montour (unsigned RFA) or Risto. In either case, an offensive minded RHD with either team control or some term is going to be 1st rd pick and 2/3 center with some term worthy.

Just a hunch is all. But I'm definitely looking at Tampa.

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I sure hope you are right. Just a coincidence he gets his payday and goes bone dry...

Honestly, he went bone dry before this season.  Go look at how he finished off the last 25 games or so of last season.  Fact is he is streaky.  When it’s, dry it’s a desert, when it rains, it pours.

35 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We can't score enough goals and the guy we paid to ONLY score goals isn't scoring goals yet he's the least of our problems? I strongly disagree. 

Well, you can fret about it if you like, but there is nothing to be done about it right now except hope that he starts scoring soon.

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Interesting that all the contenders have little to no use for their second round picks.

Old enough to remember when the Sabres used to trade those away themselves. 

33 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

My source says the name most commonly mentioned alongside Buffalo in trade circles is Jake McCabe.  

Probably significantly in the minority here, but not thrilled at the prospect of them trading away their 2nd best remaining LHD and pretty much their only stay at home D-man unless Bryson makes the squad or we teleport 3 years into the future when Samuelsson might be useful.

Bite the bullet (now or in the off-season, preferably sooner than later) and lose a RHD in a package for the 2C and then let Botterill do his thing rebuilding the D depth on the cheap.

• Like (+1) 2

It's interesting what guys like Dillon, Scandella and Greene went for when they play the same position as our most tradeable piece Risto/Montour.

Not only tells me their value is considerably higher, it also tells me it is probably more than a contender is willing to pay.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's interesting what guys like Dillon, Scandella and Greene went for when they play the same position as our most tradeable piece Risto/Montour.

Not only tells me their value is considerably higher, it also tells me it is probably more than a contender is willing to pay.

I offered Montour up for Strome in a chicago blackhawks thread on HF, got shut down.    And here I was thinking they should add ?

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

I would be surprised if a team traded a 22 year old 2C for Montour.

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well seem to be some mixed opinions about him.   The 22 year old 2C is slow and not so good on defense, So was surprised it got shut down lol

Yeah, I’m with Huck on this one, I’ve never been a Strome fan. 
Anyone who has ever said Reinhart is too slow to play centre should stay far, far way from Strome.
Might regret it, but I’d rather have Montour.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yeah, I’m with Huck on this one, I’ve never been a Strome fan. 
Anyone who has ever said Reinhart is too slow to play centre should stay far, far way from Strome.
Might regret it, but I’d rather have Montour.

Only thing is I can see him do well with speedy wingers like skinner and johansson, he does have some good hockey IQ and it would be a line with as much offensive zone starts as possible.

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My source says the name most commonly mentioned alongside Buffalo in trade circles is Jake McCabe.  

What's the relative +/- on that being accurate?

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per LeBrun the Sabres have inquired about Vincent Trocheck.

Jason Botterill: "Hey, it says you guys have a guy with "check" in his name.  Our PR staff thinks we can spell his name right on a sweater, interested in trading him?"

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.