Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, triumph_communes said:

He had a 1C last year, which is another solution to his woes that Krueger has refused to do for more than a few shifts.

He didn’t always play with Jack last year. Wouldn’t surprise me if Kruger has not been impressed with Skinners post contract work ethic, and that’s why he isn’t getting ice time in OT etc. 

Sknner should be doing better. 

13 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Schaller is only 1.9. Those numbers still don't add up

It does add up if that's the amount of space they needed.  They have a decent chunk of money on LTIR and it was probably never about an exact balancing of the cap dollars.  That and the maximum that LA could have taken back on the Toffoli deal was $2.3 million, so it does wind up coming pretty close to Schaller's figure.

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He didn’t always play with Jack last year. Wouldn’t surprise me if Kruger has not been impressed with Skinners post contract work ethic, and that’s why he isn’t getting ice time in OT etc. 

Sknner should be doing better. 

Skinner played essential the entire season as Eichel’s LW last season.  I think you are misremembering.

This year he has played essentially the entire season without Eichel.  Without even a 2C level center.

Edited by Curt

11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If he is simply an average player with Jack at center then we way over paid for him 

Well, he scored 40 goals.  I don’t think you can put a random 3rd liner beside Jack and have him do that.

Skinner has scored around 30 with less than ideal C’s pretty consistently.  He is under producing right now.

38 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If he is simply an average player with Jack at center then we way over paid for him 

There is no question that we overpaid for him, and that was true the second it became apparent that the Sabres could not afford to let him leave (as we started collapsing and had so few skill players to look at)

It was still the right move for a team that so desperately needs to get better, fast

I have utmost confidence that this bone-dry stretch from Jeff will be long forgotten the next time the hockey matters, and the roster is reasonable, that he will be playing well and scoring again (and he's been playing well more often than not lately - the scoring always follows this) 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Ilya Kovalchuk, 700k for this season, that is a steal imo. Obviously there has to be something odd with this guy but he has skills, he has speed and he have experiance most of all. Think montreal did a heck of a deal there. 

He's the Antonio Brown of hockey 

15 hours ago, inkman said:

Montour and Tage for Tuch and Marchessault ?

I’m in Vegas and that move isn’t happening. If anything Vegas is gonna add a defenseman on the cheap. That’s the only move I see or a minor tinker on offense. I could possibly see Tuch getting moved in the future if he doesn’t start progressing  but as someone who watches him play you would want someone better then him. He’s a gentle giant. He’s having a bad year.  Guy can flat out skate but to me for him to be effective and take that next step he needs an edge to his game and I just don’t see it happening. 

1 hour ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I’m in Vegas and that move isn’t happening. If anything Vegas is gonna add a defenseman on the cheap. That’s the only move I see or a minor tinker on offense. I could possibly see Tuch getting moved in the future if he doesn’t start progressing  but as someone who watches him play you would want someone better then him. He’s a gentle giant. He’s having a bad year.  Guy can flat out skate but to me for him to be effective and take that next step he needs an edge to his game and I just don’t see it happening. 

For some reason I thought he played with an edge.  No thanks then. 

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

There is no question that we overpaid for him, and that was true the second it became apparent that the Sabres could not afford to let him leave (as we started collapsing and had so few skill players to look at)

It was still the right move for a team that so desperately needs to get better, fast

I have utmost confidence that this bone-dry stretch from Jeff will be long forgotten the next time the hockey matters, and the roster is reasonable, that he will be playing well and scoring again (and he's been playing well more often than not lately - the scoring always follows this) 

I sure hope you are right. Just a coincidence he gets his payday and goes bone dry...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.