Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

45 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Kings are tied with the Wild and Golden Knights as the oldest rosters in the league. I think they’ve got the reputation they’ve earned.

Look at their actual roster though. They have a few really old guys and it's skewing the numbers. They could shed Lewis, Thompson and Budaj and add a few younger players to pull that average down. 

I think Jeff Carter is also tradable. No NMC or anything. 

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Look at their actual roster though. They have a few really old guys and it's skewing the numbers. They could shed Lewis, Thompson and Budaj and add a few younger players to pull that average down. 

I think Jeff Carter is also tradable. No NMC or anything. 

I’m sure a lot of older teams could shed some old guys and add younger guys to bring their average age down. That’s how averages work. But the fact is they are older than any other team.

Not trying to be snarky, it’s just how their situation is right now. They’re old and slow. They absolutely could change that with a few tweaks but until they do this is how they have to play.

Lemieux deserved 6 games easy. A frickin joke. It was a blatant attempt to injure. I don't want this guy on this team. Send him to the Moose and bench him.

As far as Myers goes, he is so bad in his own end with the puck that my a$$ could crack walnuts when he tries to handle the puck in the D zone. A 3rd pairing D man taking up 5.5m of the cap? Kulikov taking up another 4.33m. That's 9.83m for your two 3rd pair D men!

22 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Lemieux deserved 6 games easy. A frickin joke. It was a blatant attempt to injure. I don't want this guy on this team. Send him to the Moose and bench him.

As far as Myers goes, he is so bad in his own end with the puck that my a$$ could crack walnuts when he tries to handle the puck in the D zone. A 3rd pairing D man taking up 5.5m of the cap? Kulikov taking up another 4.33m. That's 9.83m for your two 3rd pair D men!

Wait, wait wait.  The Jets signed Kulikov for HOW MUCH?  (checks CapFriendly, spits drink out...). Ouch... 

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Let’s check in with the Ottawa Senators 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I suddenly feel great about the Sabres. Yikes!

So, 4 am on New Year's Day and they're talking hockey. It was two years ago and I think they made it to the conference finals that year.

Just thought some context was needed.

53 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, 4 am on New Year's Day and they're talking hockey. It was two years ago and I think they made it to the conference finals that year.

The time on that camera has to be wrong, Duchene is in the car, and so is Formenton (spelling?) and Tierney. All new guys.

But I do agree that this happens on all 31 teams every season

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

It’s from October 29th or 30th on their road trip in Arizona. The clock on the camera is wrong. See Flagg’s post above for proof. The article also has clarity on the date.

Here’s how I feel: it looks terrible. I think there are more than a handful of teams and players are the league who have done and said the same. It’s hard to imagine fixing that without moving some pieces (the coach, GM, Duchene, etc.) but it’s not necessarily a fair position for any of these people to be in (except Melnyk, eff that guy).

Edited by Hoss

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Let’s check in with the Ottawa Senators 

I have a huge privacy issue with this, if the uber driver informed them they were being recorded then its not issue with me.

Sometimes people will vent which is normal for a team that had so much drama on and of the ice for a year.   If I was that coach though, I would hand in my resignation , don't see how he can still work with those guys.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I have a huge privacy issue with this, if the uber driver informed them they were being recorded then its not issue with me.

Sometimes people will vent which is normal for a team that had so much drama on and of the ice for a year.   If I was that coach though, I would hand in my resignation , don't see how he can still work with those guys.

Uber made the driver take the video down, he may face possible legal action.