Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

And even Civil Rights L § 51 requires that the offended person be a NYS resident and that the offender used the personage for monetary gain.

As for suing Uber, what did it do wrong?

Right, right re section 51. I'm wondering if Arizona has a similar law. Maybe the driver got a few bucks for the video?

I trust an enterprising plaintiffs' lawyer could concoct theories on Uber's culpability -- screening of new hires, the quality of training, negligent supervision, etc.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Hockey players from Ottawa in Arizona?  I'm not so sure that counts as public figures.  

I understand what you're saying, but ... yeah. Those guys were all sorts of stupid right there.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Well, then today is your lucky day.  You get to vote to change it!  EVERYONE IN THE US WHO HAS NOT YET VOTED, PLEASE DO!

Taking my wife for her first time ever as soon as she gets out of work!

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Please tell me she just turned 18 ...

I'll take your creepy video about underage girls and raise. 

Benny Mardones says hold my beer:

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Right, right re section 51. I'm wondering if Arizona has a similar law. Maybe the driver got a few bucks for the video?

Whadda mean maybe?

... yick.

The Sens thing- don't know Canadian laws, but aren't employees protected by law to complain about employers in the US? Not sure that'll enter into it, but it's a thought I had.

On Coach Q- seems wrong to fire the guy. Seems like yesterday he was "the most winningest coach" and every time I turned on any sports channel it was little shorts on him sleeping in his office at the rink, or being gruff but lovable. Sure the Hawks dynasty is over but... wonder if there was a "hey Q, time to step down on your own terms" convo that didn't go well. 

2 minutes ago, josie said:

... yick.

The Sens thing- don't know Canadian laws, but aren't employees protected by law to complain about employers in the US? Not sure that'll enter into it, but it's a thought I had.

On Coach Q- seems wrong to fire the guy. Seems like yesterday he was "the most winningest coach" and every time I turned on any sports channel it was little shorts on him sleeping in his office at the rink, or being gruff but lovable. Sure the Hawks dynasty is over but... wonder if there was a "hey Q, time to step down on your own terms" convo that didn't go well. 

This feels like the Lindy Ruff thing all over again. 

Bowman fired Q because Bowman is gonna get fired. 

• Like (+1) 2

That Ottawa video doesn't even raise an eyebrow.    That's how players talk.     Doesn't mean they don't like their coach, they're just poking fun at him, which every hockey player does, it's a sign of affection.

Anyway, I'm all on board the fire Phil hire Q train.... who's with me?

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

That Ottawa video doesn't even raise an eyebrow.    That's how players talk.     Doesn't mean they don't like their coach, they're just poking fun at him, which every hockey player does, it's a sign of affection.

I'm in

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Yeah, I'm in, but it definitely does not matter. Not gonna happen. 

16 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Three times, Buffalo has hired coaches who were able to win only with absolute all-star rosters, and three times, that plan has failed.  What makes you think it would be any different this time?  I think you'd see Colorado / St. Louis Quenneville and not Chicago Quenneville.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Three times, Buffalo has hired coaches who were able to win only with absolute all-star rosters, and three times, that plan has failed.  What makes you think it would be any different this time?  I think you'd see Colorado / St. Louis Quenneville and not Chicago Quenneville.

Bowman, Byslma, and...?

1 hour ago, josie said:

Like, whistle blower laws? Those laws generally protect employees from retaliation by their employer when the employees gripe about certain things at work.

As far as I know, there's no law that protects pro (bro) hockey players from their own stupidity.

39 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Agreed on the first piece.

The second piece would be intriguing, but we all know it ain't happening.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm not saying I think the Sabres should fire Phil and hire Joel. I don't think Phil deserves to be fired right now. 

It would be so Sabres, though, to wind up needing to fire Phil in the next 2 years, and continually missing out on big names being available because of unfortunate timing, between Babs (well not that), Trotz, Quenneville.